Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Blonde up from Y offering "special" services to F passengers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blonde up from Y offering "special" services to F passengers!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Are you sure this wasn't DL 6969?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, Gargolye. Could not have said it better.

And as I said before, carry on boys! It's a priceless thread.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Very different, due to a few thousand years of historic difference in males propositioning females vs. females propositioning males, and historically an extreme imbalance in the power ratio between the genders in such situations.

Therefore, if it had been a male doing the propositioning, it would have been a simple case of obnoxious sexual harassment and wouldn't trigger or justify any of the humor which we find in this thread. In the current situation the male pax in F had no reason to feel threatened, nor did the FA's.

With that serious point concluded, I now return this thread to its regularly scheduled humor...
There are males who find being propositioned by "skanky" females -- prostitutes or otherwise -- to be a simple case of obnoxious sexual harassment too. Given the thousands of years of history where prostitutes have been considered "anti-social" elements or even worse under laws -- primarily created by and enforced by males over the longer historical period -- it would seem that the male population has its own issues with being offered sexual services in exchange for who knows what.

Good enough for the offer from the female "blonde up from Y" to not be considered obvious sexual harassment, then good enough for the offer from a male "blonde up from Y" to not be considered obvious sexual harassment either.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, USAir SM, Starwood SPG, AVIS President's Club
Let's blame it on TSA -- maybe it was all that foreplay that started everything
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There are males who find being propositioned by "skanky" females -- prostitutes or otherwise -- to be a simple case of obnoxious sexual harassment too.
We call them "gays" for the sake of simplicity, or "men-travelling-with-wife"
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
There are males who find being propositioned by "skanky" females -- prostitutes or otherwise -- to be a simple case of obnoxious sexual harassment too.
Maybe, but not many. You'd have a hard time finding one who truly felt sexually harassed.

edit: Thanks, thesaints. I didn't have the balls to say it.

Although the man-with-wife is only saying he's feeling harassed.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thesaints
We call them "gays" for the sake of simplicity, or "men-travelling-with-wife"
Your "we" is not inclusive of all males -- even those who you try to label as above.

Does the sex/gender-related double standard have something to do with male insecurity? It would seem to have to do with that -- whether that insecurity complex be about homosexuality or be it about heterosexual female partners "upgrading" to a better "services" provider.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tkey75
Maybe, but not many. You'd have a hard time finding one who truly felt sexually harassed.

edit: Thanks, thesaints. I didn't have the balls to say it.

Although the man-with-wife is only saying he's feeling harassed.
If your first paragraph were to be generally representative of the prevailing male sentiment, then why is it that prostitution has remained against the law in so many places for so long and that prostitutes are pursued more vigorously by law enforcement for arrest and prosecution than clients of female prostitutes? The history of government's/society's approach against prostitutes/prostitution is a creation of female empowerment? There's a lot to be doubted about that.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Your "we" is not inclusive of all males -- even those who you try to label as above.
That's ok. tkey and I understand each other

Y
Does the sex/gender-related double standard have something to do with male insecurity? It would seem to have to do with that -- whether that insecurity complex be about homosexuality or be it about heterosexual female partners "upgrading" to a better "services" provider.
Where is the double standard ??
I want any attractive woman to be able to proposition me whenever she may so desire, and I want to be able to do the same.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nfg05
Are there any women on FT? Any at all?
Of course not. They're exactly where they're supposed to be - At home, cleaning the house, taking care of the kids, and slaving over a hot stove in the kitchen to prepare a good meal for her man when he returns from his incredibly complex, important job that requires him to spend inordinate amounts of time in the air with cheerleaders wearing too much lip gloss
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by avflyer
I heard that DL was planning on upgrading IFE on some routes
It's called "IFE-3D". No need for special glasses
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
It's called "IFE-3D". No need for special glasses
With the exception of glasses filled with Woodford.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thesaints
Where is the double standard ??
I want any attractive woman to be able to proposition me whenever she may so desire, and I want to be able to do the same.
So you want any such man to be able to proposition you whenever he may so desire, and you want to be able to do the same too? No double standard then, otherwise it's just that.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Delta should consider adding two modifiers - "Head" and "First" - to their current slogan, "Best In Class".
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
...If a "man" were to go about doing the same thing on the board the flight as the "woman" mentioned in the OP, would the posts in this thread be exactly the same? I have my doubts about that too.
No, not at all. If a man "with long curly blonde hair, maybe about 25-ish (30-ish?), with lots of lip gloss and perfume shows up in F and asks the guys behind me if they'd like to have a little extra services!" (the OP's exact quote) I am sure the posts would have been very, very different. And rightfully so.

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.