Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-departure and arrival music

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM FC 3MM, AA Platinum, UA 1K
Torture

I loath the music Delta is playing. Whatever they pick it's only going to appeal to a slice of flyers. Often too loud, it offends. I wondered today if playing it isn't an introductory move to inserting commercials. Already they've inserted a Skymiles commercial. Can more revenue generating intrusions be far behind?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SiestaMan
I loath the music Delta is playing. Whatever they pick it's only going to appeal to a slice of flyers. Often too loud, it offends. I wondered today if playing it isn't an introductory move to inserting commercials. Already they've inserted a Skymiles commercial. Can more revenue generating intrusions be far behind?
To me, it's kind of like the dentist's office; any music is better than the sounds of drilling (or boarding). But then I thought everyone carried around their own headphones and tunes these days.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
apologies for reviving an old thread but i'm trying to find out the name of one of the songs delta plays when you board the plane these days....i've taken a number of flights this week & its one of the songs that played each time but i can't remember the lyrics....

i looked at their boarding music but i don't think its one of these songs:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/.../current-tunes

anyone know the name of the songs playing during the boarding process????
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure what the current ones are.

I miss the boarding music they used to have on the 747 years ago... was more soothing enya-ish
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Not sure what the current ones are.

I miss the boarding music they used to have on the 747 years ago... was more soothing enya-ish
This is the boarding music I vividly remembered when boarding MD-90s on the ATL-DCA flight all the time back when they used them exclusively on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.