Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by waltinsocal
A loose dog? Unfortunately, I know you are not kidding. It's very fortunate I was not in there when there was a "loose dog". That's almost as bad as a flight I took that had an emotional support horse on board that was in a row of bulkhead seats on a 757 with all 3 seats occupied. And I am not kidding.
It was tan colored and medium-to-large in size. I think it might have been (mostly) a standard poodle. No leash and no cage or carrier.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
a loose dog.
I hate when there are dogs with unscrupulous morals in the SCs!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jsmith50
I hate when there are dogs with unscrupulous morals in the SCs!
....as opposed to FTers or DL FFers with unscrupulous morals?

At least the dog didn't seem to have loose bowels that day, not did it appear to be lost.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:52 am
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by waltinsocal
A loose dog? Unfortunately, I know you are not kidding. It's very fortunate I was not in there when there was a "loose dog". That's almost as bad as a flight I took that had an emotional support horse on board that was in a row of bulkhead seats on a 757 with all 3 seats occupied. And I am not kidding.
Oh my god I am in tears laughing.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:53 am
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002...rse_xlarge.png

Completely normal, right?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
SFO Sky Club Renovation: Inside Security, Construction Underway

Just landed at SFO and noticed construction just after security. Left Wed night with nothing going on and tonight there already a full frame up. Asked a TSA agent and he said the skyclub is being rebuilt. Will really be nice to have it inside security.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
That will be a good change, but will it now be windowless? When I read the title of this post I was thinking why would you move the SFO Skyclub to Reno, NV.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I too couldn't figure out why a city with one of deltas smallest presences Reno would need a skyclub.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
lol, I started out with the full word for renovation but got cut off at the end with too many characters. Maybe I should have shortened a different word.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
I saw the construction too on Thursday night but couldn't figure out what they were doing since they were taking away gate space. SFO is my home airport and I never use the SC there due to it being outside security. This is way overdue.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
I too couldn't figure out why a city with one of deltas smallest presences Reno would need a skyclub.
This was my reaction too.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Hopefully it will be a decent size.... just what we need is another small, overcrowded club....
Old Mar 22, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Is this construction just to the left of security? Because they are building an airside connector to T-2 (AA and VX).
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:52 am

So gate 41 is completely blocked by this construction going on. Gate 41 is the first gate on the left that you'll see after getting through security, and a million years ago it used to serve Northwest but more recently has been given/sub-leased to Frontier airlines.

It looks like the construction is going to take up half of that gate area. Which would make for a ridiculously small SkyClub, if that's really what it is. Maybe it's the airside connector that people are speculating about in earlier comments. Maybe the downstairs is just a stairway / lounge dragon entrance and a real, hopefully more sizable, SkyClub will go upstairs.

Has anyone actually seen real plans for the new SkyClub space?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Yes, the new Skyclub will be on top of boarding area C. But I agree with Fanjet, I think the construction going on now is the T2 airside connector, not the new Skyclub. USAir is moving to Boarding area C in July to allow airside connections with AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.