Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Sky Club Reviews

As a new SC member, I was looking through the archives for a thread where people discuss the various Sky Clubs. I found a few references, mainly to how bad B10 sucks, but nothing definitive. I figured I'd start a thread where people can review the individual SCs.

Here's my experience over the past few weeks as a SC member, and the past year buying one-day passes:

ATL C - my favorite at ATL so far. Clean, modern, and not too crowded. There was plenty of seating on the Thursday afternoon that I visited.

MCO - I got to the airport early to make sure I had time to check this one out. Very nice. I especially like the cool fountain near the bar. VERY spacious, clean, and huge. I may have to fly out of MCO more instead of MLB just to come here before my flight. A very welcome escape from all of the children below.

ATL B10 - I went here just to see how bad it really was. The verdict? Not as bad as I expected. The best way to put it is that it felt like the lounge at a college dorm. It was very dated, small, and ugly; but the drinks were cold (with no line), the chairs were comfortable, the wifi was free, and it was the least crowded SC I've been to. I'd go back.

ATL T - A bit out of the way, but nice nonetheless. About what I expected for a SC. It seemed overkill for the T terminal. Who flies out of T anyway?

ATL A17 - The center one was closed because it was a weekend, and this one was bursting. There was a long line for drinks. Most chairs were taken. It seemed worn out and dingy, but not as bad as B10. The biggest problem was the check in booth at the top of the elevator - it was hard to see, so I started going to the big table with the GA's instead until the nice lounge dragon yelled at me. It was so busy that she wasn't even scanning everyone's credentials. This one had great amenities, especially the cubicles for work, but I was probably most disappointed in this one out of all of them. The signs said it was under construction, so hopefully it improves.

ATL E - I'm not sure which one it was of the two, but it's the one that's open in the morning. It was the large one with the big rotunda in the middle. It was nice, but remarkable stood out in my mind. Just a good place to grab a drink and watch the World Cup.

SAN - I was here a few months ago on a one-day pass. Small but excellent. Easily one of the best in the system (that I've been to at least). The check in table clerks were playing double duty as bartenders, but were very attentive. It seemed brand new.

LGA - I went to the one past security. I was a bit dark since it had no windows, but was average otherwise. Nothing special, no complaints.

Other than SAN and my home MLB, IND is the airport I visit most. I'm hoping they hurry up and open the SC there!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Even though I have only had the pleasure of being there once, DTW center smokes the ATL SCs.

The new LAX is nice IMHO.

Do we count international? NRT is not that bad.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: DM
I have to stand up for my gals (and the few gentlemen) at BOS. The service is among the best, the bathrooms are sparkly clean, the lounge is very comfotable, and the staff is second to none!!!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:44 pm

Was in JFK (terminal 2) last week and the free food counter is seriously out of space now that they've rearranged items for the pay for food option.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 6:58 pm

My comments on the SkyClubs in the OP.

ATL C - Nice, but not really that useful for me so I don't go there

MCO - Was much nicer but still a good place to go. Too bad they shrank in in half!.

ATL B10 - OP got lucky. There were chairs.... Last time I walked in there were folks circling looking for the chairs.... I don't bother to visit!

ATL T - Very nice for those LAX flights and generally not crowded.

ATL A17 - I generally do fine here. "Upstairs" is less crowded.

ATL E - This one needs some way to check flight status! .

Now to a few others

LAX. Since they redid it, it's much nicer.. However, did they realize folks would need plugs. Lots of fancy chairs, not many with any close power sources! This self service bar area is very well organized.

DTW (Center)- Everytime I have been in there it's pretty crowded and while those self service coffee areas are nice it's a lot of noise when they "clean". The self service bar also doesn't do it for me. Very crowded and things are just too spread out.... half on one wall, half on the other! (By they way, after you pour your drink please MOVE. Don't stand there, drink it and then proceed to make your second. If you are that "desperate" make two the first time!)

BOS - I generally am only there on holiday weekends, but it's always been in good shape with good service.

DFW - Not bad, but kind of hard to find and the way DFW is you have to give yourself time... some of the hikes to the gates can be LONG!

ATL- B (the other one) Better then 10 but not good IMHO. I have not been in there since remodeling started however.

ATL A (Center Concourse) This is my fav in Atlanta. Generally not crowded. WOuld be hard to "crash" and the agents know how to do stuff!

I think that's all I have been in recently
Old Sep 19, 2010, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
MCO - Was much nicer but still a good place to go. Too bad they shrank in in half!.
It used to be bigger? It seemed plenty big to me when I was there. Where did the extra space used to be?

ATL B10 - OP got lucky. There were chairs.... Last time I walked in there were folks circling looking for the chairs.... I don't bother to visit!
Probably. It was a Sunday afternoon.

ATL A (Center Concourse) This is my fav in Atlanta. Generally not crowded. WOuld be hard to "crash" and the agents know how to do stuff!
This one was closed. Why on earth would they close one of the SC on a weekend? The A17 one was way over crowded.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:45 pm

BNA has the nicest people but is the worst facility, right down to the stupid door lock on the mens room that nobody uses!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:54 pm

SAN is nice, quiet and clean. Staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

ATL B10 - Least favorite so far

ATL- A17 I usually head there

MSP - reminded me of a college library...nice and airy

MEM- Only visited once but liked it very much.

CV
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:10 pm

The B/C SkyClub at DTW is pretty nice. Never been too crowded except when bad weather created a lot of irrops.

Same amenities as the other DTW skyclubs PLUS it has Vernors....AND the best view of the wide body aircraft parked at terminal A. (Now if they would just get rid of all those darn dots on the windows at DTW!)
Old Sep 20, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by realjd
ATL T - A bit out of the way, but nice nonetheless. About what I expected for a SC. It seemed overkill for the T terminal. Who flies out of T anyway?
Some international flights are going out of T which makes this one a nice place to wait when you have to get to the airport so early. It's good sized & I don't recall it being crowded in terms of seats/wait time @ bar. I'm based in ATL so don't face layovers here & typically just go to the one closest to my gate. Agree B10 isn't great, I'll go to B25 if flying out of B.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
DCA - pleasant staff. Can get crowded. Bartender is not always around when you want a drink. Nice views and easy access to gates. Food selection is standard.

ORD - self-service bar. Nice amount of space. Room with a TV, but the chairs are not too comfortable. Food selection is standard.

JFK T3 - since putting in the purchase food area, the complimentary offerings are on a table that is otherwise hidden. However, the SCs at JFK are like a zoo. I haven't been to the oasis lounge, which I hear is nicer.

LGA - have only been to the one after security, which is a dump. Needs renovation. However, food is standard, and it's easy access to the gates.

TPA - vurry vurry nice SC. Sunny and comfortable. Nice staff. Food is standard.

LAS - oh that's right. LAS doesn't have a SC. DL needs to put one in ASAP.

Third party lounges in BOM / DEL - total dumps, extremely crowded (all foreign carriers use a common lounge in those two cities). Hot, indian snacks, however, are delicious.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
FLL is very nice with great Staff!!!!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:28 am

[QUOTE=dgxoxo;14720581].

QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken!!!
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:31 am
Suspended

SkyClubs at DTW

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Even though I have only had the pleasure of being there once, DTW center smokes the ATL SCs.

The new LAX is nice IMHO.

Do we count international? NRT is not that bad.
Correct. I my view the two at DTW are the best DL has. Outside of the U.S. NRT is first-rate re showers, food, drink, Internet access and staff.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
[QUOTE=fmsm;14720836]
Originally Posted by dgxoxo

QUOTE]

Truer words have never been spoken!!!
+2. Can they not work out a local agreement with CO/UA? I miss the PC club there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.