FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Reviews
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2010, 5:23 pm
realjd

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Sky Club Reviews

As a new SC member, I was looking through the archives for a thread where people discuss the various Sky Clubs. I found a few references, mainly to how bad B10 sucks, but nothing definitive. I figured I'd start a thread where people can review the individual SCs.

Here's my experience over the past few weeks as a SC member, and the past year buying one-day passes:

ATL C - my favorite at ATL so far. Clean, modern, and not too crowded. There was plenty of seating on the Thursday afternoon that I visited.

MCO - I got to the airport early to make sure I had time to check this one out. Very nice. I especially like the cool fountain near the bar. VERY spacious, clean, and huge. I may have to fly out of MCO more instead of MLB just to come here before my flight. A very welcome escape from all of the children below.

ATL B10 - I went here just to see how bad it really was. The verdict? Not as bad as I expected. The best way to put it is that it felt like the lounge at a college dorm. It was very dated, small, and ugly; but the drinks were cold (with no line), the chairs were comfortable, the wifi was free, and it was the least crowded SC I've been to. I'd go back.

ATL T - A bit out of the way, but nice nonetheless. About what I expected for a SC. It seemed overkill for the T terminal. Who flies out of T anyway?

ATL A17 - The center one was closed because it was a weekend, and this one was bursting. There was a long line for drinks. Most chairs were taken. It seemed worn out and dingy, but not as bad as B10. The biggest problem was the check in booth at the top of the elevator - it was hard to see, so I started going to the big table with the GA's instead until the nice lounge dragon yelled at me. It was so busy that she wasn't even scanning everyone's credentials. This one had great amenities, especially the cubicles for work, but I was probably most disappointed in this one out of all of them. The signs said it was under construction, so hopefully it improves.

ATL E - I'm not sure which one it was of the two, but it's the one that's open in the morning. It was the large one with the big rotunda in the middle. It was nice, but remarkable stood out in my mind. Just a good place to grab a drink and watch the World Cup.

SAN - I was here a few months ago on a one-day pass. Small but excellent. Easily one of the best in the system (that I've been to at least). The check in table clerks were playing double duty as bartenders, but were very attentive. It seemed brand new.

LGA - I went to the one past security. I was a bit dark since it had no windows, but was average otherwise. Nothing special, no complaints.

Other than SAN and my home MLB, IND is the airport I visit most. I'm hoping they hurry up and open the SC there!