Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have One On Us

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM +Reserve; Amex Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; National EE
Have one on us coupon and mobile boarding pass

I always use the mobile boarding pass, as I am not usually near a printer. The only (minor) drawback I have found is that, if you get a "Have one on us" coupon, you can't print it. I think I have found a solution to this.

1) Login to the full site, not the mobile site.
2) Check in. Select both "print boarding document" and "receive eBoarding Pass"
3) you will be taken to the "Print Boarding Pass" screen, and may have a "Have one on us" coupon.
4) zoom in on the coupon and take a screenshot. (using iOS, push home and power at the same time will save a screenshot to your photo roll, not sure how to do this on other phones...)
5) when the FA comes around, just show them the screenshot. Unfortunately, their scanners can't read them, but they can key in the code.

Enjoy your drinks!
Old May 1, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: delta GM
Have one on us

Has anyone tried to use a have one on us drink coupon on a different flight after the expiration date? Any luck?
Old May 2, 2011, 8:25 am

im guessing no one has tried this. Mod, you can delete this thread. thanks
Old May 2, 2011, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
On a different flight, sure no problem... haven't tried after the expiration date though.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:25 am

i have some of those coupons too.
4 of them
i have not used them yet.
I didn't know they had expiration date.
mine look like business cards
do yours?
Old May 2, 2011, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Nutron
4 of them
do yours?
I think he's referring to the ones you get at OLCI if you haven't been upgraded... they're only valid for about three days.

I've used them on later flights, but not after expiration. Also, they would only accept one, even though on a busy weekend I had three or four itineraries. (I don't want M&M's or Woodford at 6:30 AM, so I saved them for a later flight and tried to use one for a snack and one for a drink.) Even when I explained, and showed them the numbers were different, I guess they thought I photocopied the same one.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
I've been able to use 2 HOOUs at once a couple times on a return flight when a leftover one from an outbound flight hadn't expired yet.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Nutron
4 of them
do yours?
The red ones that look like business cards do have an expriation date...in tiny print on the back. I tried to use one in March that expired 12/31/10 and the FA refused to take it.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by javabytes
I think he's referring to the ones you get at OLCI if you haven't been upgraded... they're only valid for about three days.
I have never received them during OLCI!
Old May 2, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
I have never received them during OLCI!
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-one-us.html

There's several known issues, but they're being resolved. Have you flown on a non-upgraded flight recently?
Old May 2, 2011, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs

There's several known issues, but they're being resolved. Have you flown on a non-upgraded flight recently?
Oh I was talking about the ones you get if you dont get upgraded, that print out on your boarding pass. I left mine in my checked luggage and havent flown in two weeks. (used a mobile boarding pass). my next flight has been upgraded at t3. I was wondering if it was worth taking to get a free snack box on the way back.

Thanks,
Docuk22
Old May 2, 2011, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by docuk22
Oh I was talking about the ones you get if you dont get upgraded, that print out on your boarding pass. I left mine in my checked luggage and havent flown in two weeks. (used a mobile boarding pass). my next flight has been upgraded at t3. I was wondering if it was worth taking to get a free snack box on the way back.

Thanks,
Docuk22
Those are the coupons I'm talking about. I was responding to TravellingMan's post.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs

^
It has been 2-3 weeks since I last flew Delta. Thanks for the link to the issues thread. Being a MM and PM along with the fare classes, probably denied me one. Will see what happens next week.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Just discarded a boarding pass that included a "have one on us" coupon. TRIED to use it for a snack box, but: first flight was too short to offer service, second flight wasn't properly catered so they had no snack items (didn't want liquor). Didn't starve so not a big deal, but the coupon sure felt like a tease!
Old May 3, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by traveltravel
Just discarded a boarding pass that included a "have one on us" coupon. TRIED to use it for a snack box, but: first flight was too short to offer service, second flight wasn't properly catered so they had no snack items (didn't want liquor). Didn't starve so not a big deal, but the coupon sure felt like a tease!
I've run into that problem a couple times. First time, I think I was too tired to use the coupon (coming in from Hawaii). Ended up giving it to the USO in HNL two days later (I was on a F ticket). Hopefully someone made use of it there. The second time, I too was on a flight too short for service. I was in F the rest of the time, so the coupon went unused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.