Wiki Posts
Search

Have One On Us

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by vxmike
When you get a package with new credentials for GM and PM status which I have made both this year. Not sure if you get even more for making DM which I just did yesterday. Also had some given to me.
You also supposed to get them when you OLCI and print your BP if you are GM PM and girl's best friend when your complimentary upgrade did not clear.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I just checked in online for my wife and I (both GM) on the same itinerary in coach. My boarding pass has a drink coupon on it, while hers has a free gogo internet pass. What gives? Is it totally random what coupon prints out??
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I just checked in online for my wife and I (both GM) on the same itinerary in coach. My boarding pass has a drink coupon on it, while hers has a free gogo internet pass. What gives? Is it totally random what coupon prints out??
I believe so. IIRC, originally the only coupons were for drinks. After a while, DL rolled out coupons for vendors in airports, and internet came after that.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I believe so. IIRC, originally the only coupons were for drinks. After a while, DL rolled out coupons for vendors in airports, and internet came after that.
...and sometimes you get zilch.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Do they scan the barcode on the coupons to validate, or bother to read the expiration date? IE can you get away with using last years "Have One On Us"?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by thesaints
...and sometimes you get zilch.
Seeing as how I don't own a printer at home I rarely get the opportunity to check in online
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:12 pm
EJ8

Programs: DM / Plutonium Medallion
You won't get squat no matter who you are if you are using FireFox with AdBlocker. Open AdBlocker and add an exception for delta.com.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:32 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EJ8
You won't get squat no matter who you are if you are using FireFox with AdBlocker. Open AdBlocker and add an exception for delta.com.
Nope: Safari. Sometimes the coupon appears, sometimes I just get multiple Skypriority ads.

It would be nice if DL were consistent, as I can pack drink coupons if I know I'm not getting an "HOOU"
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by vxmike
2) Does a "cocktail" refer to a drink with just one shot of alcohol or can I order something like a vodka and baileys (my modified DL version of the black russian)
Have I sat in front of you ATL-CLT a couple times, or are there other people out there who order that on Delta?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I have never, once, not ever gotten the HOUO coupon when using OLCI. And I have used IE, FireFox, and Chrome.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by gj83
Have I sat in front of you ATL-CLT a couple times, or are there other people out there who order that on Delta?
Nope, never flown to CLT on Delta.

I've never heard anyone else order the drink though myself. I know it's not a standard drink, but I'm a fan of the white/black russians. Since Delta doesn't offer Kahlua I figured why not give the Baileys a try in lieu of the Kahlua...it really is an excellent substitute. I'll try inventing stuff sometimes on the plane or the SC since it doesn't cost me anything.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
This issue can be EASILY resolved by giving out a comprehensive coupon that is valid for all of those things...let the user pick. If all you want is a drink its disappointing to receive a gogo coupon you could care less about or vice versa...just let your customers choose how they want to use the coupon.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Jazzop
I have never, once, not ever gotten the HOUO coupon when using OLCI. And I have used IE, FireFox, and Chrome.
You've been lucky. I used to always get them but not this last time, and I use IE8.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
You've been lucky. I used to always get them but not this last time, and I use IE8.
What's so lucky about never getting the coupon?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Jazzop
What's so lucky about never getting the coupon?
Your post sounds like a double-negative (never once not ever gotten the HOOU coupon) which would mean that you always get them. Re-reading it, it just sounds confusing. You could say "never gotten", "never even once gotten", "not gotten", "not ever gotten", "never, ever gotten" or maybe "never, not even once, gotten" or maybe even "never, not once, not ever gotten".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.