Have One On Us

Old Apr 19, 10, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DAL Diamond, HH Diamond
"HAVE ONE ON US" printed on boarding pass...

when i printed my boarding pass for my all-CRJ trip today... noticed that the second flight had a free drink/snack coupon printed on it.

just FYI...

was nice to enjoy a rum/coke after sitting on the tarmac at SLC today waiting 2.5 hours for the plane to get fixed....

Old Apr 19, 10, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL PM (w/ AmEx), Finnair
I'm pretty sure this is the new benefit of Sky Priority. If you aren't bumped up to first as a GM, PM or DM you get a chit automatically (or if you use online check in). Check out SMI's post that's stickied.
Old Apr 19, 10, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FLY OR View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the new benefit of Sky Priority. If you aren't bumped up to first as a GM, PM or DM you get a chit automatically (or if you use online check in). Check out SMI's post that's stickied.
Nice. I thought that was just for middle seats but that is a nice gesture.
Old Jun 4, 10, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have one on us coupons

Since Delta started the “Have one on us” coupon program, I, like a lot of other FT posters, did not get these coupons every time when I printed my online boarding passes and did not receive an advance upgrade, so I wrote a complaint via Delta.com about this.

This is part of the reply I got from Delta today, so now it appears the “Have one on us” coupons are now issued randomly. From what I understood when DL launched this program, everyone GM and up who did not receive an advance upgrade would be issued these coupons.

Dear Mr. Elliott

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to the "Have one on us" coupons, they are occasionally offered to our Medallion members when a complimentary upgrade is not confirmed. It is not guaranteed that they will be offered to you each time your flight does not clear for the upgrade. We sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication about this.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming or misinterpreted that this applied to all flights. I have searched Delta.com and I could not find any reference to the “Have one on us” program and its rules, so If SMI can jump in and clarify the “Have one on us” program, is the DL Medallion Desk agent correct and they are randomly issued.

Mr. Elliott
Old Jun 4, 10, 6:47 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
If you use Firefox with Adblocker you will not get the coupon. DL IT seems to only want to support IE.

Best in class, my ....
Old Jun 4, 10, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM
For the last 2 months, I've been unable to check-in online.
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Use Chrome, don't use any strange content-blockers, and you'll be fine.
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat; AA; UA; USAir; HHonors; Priority Club
I've noticed that the coupons only print 24 hours before a connection that did not upgrade. Example:

Regional Flight without First Class at 6:00 AM
On line check in at 6:05 AM day prior; coupon does not print
Connection at 9:00 AM
Go back and reprint boarding pass at 9:05 AM day prior and coupon did print.

Coupon also printed in above case when upgrade occured after normal window. Example Gold upgrade sweep 3 nights before flight but upgrade occured just one day prior to flight. Online check in only showed 2 free bags since it didn't think you had been upgraded and coupon printed (even though upgrade had occured).
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott View Post
In regards to the "Have one on us" coupons, they are occasionally offered to our Medallion members when a complimentary upgrade is not confirmed. It is not guaranteed that they will be offered to you each time your flight does not clear for the upgrade. We sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication about this.
I would write back and challenge what they said. You didn't misunderstand anything. According to what SMI wrote you should get a coupon if you don't get an upgrade. They did make a change at some point that shifted from always "have one on us" to random airport garbage. I always do a contact us if I get a coupon that is not "have one on us."

The last time I had a non-"have one on us" coupon it was for an unavailable item at a restaurant that was not open at the time of departure. When I wrote I clearly stated that it was a DL rep who provided the original info. I've not been told that was wrong. Usually it is the person writing (regarding SkyPriority) that is wrong. At least from reading posts on here...
Old Jun 5, 10, 6:02 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Spend the 5 or 7 bucks if you really want a drink that bad. And be happy when/if you do get a coupon.

For crying out loud, I bet you stood in line for 5 hours at Denny's for a free $2.99 Grand Slam after the Super Bowl.

And we wonder why the airlines don't initiate many new benefits - this is probably a good example of why.

Rant over.
Old Jun 5, 10, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by mdaecher View Post
........For crying out loud, I bet you stood in line for 5 hours at Denny's for a free $2.99 Grand Slam after the Super Bowl.
Nope, only took 10 minutes in Waikiki!
Old Jun 5, 10, 7:37 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mdaecher View Post
Spend the 5 or 7 bucks if you really want a drink that bad. And be happy when/if you do get a coupon.

For crying out loud, I bet you stood in line for 5 hours at Denny's for a free $2.99 Grand Slam after the Super Bowl.

And we wonder why the airlines don't initiate many new benefits - this is probably a good example of why.

Rant over.
No I didn’t stand on line at Denny’s for a free Grand Slam, I have better things to do with my life, but I didn’t make fun at anyone who did. I think it was a great publicity stunt for Denny’s.

I am a million mile member at AA, but shifted to Delta and it is all the little things that Delta does that keeps me there, things like complementary upgrades at all fare classes, not waiting to get enough 500 mile coupons at AA to even qualify for an upgrade, onboard snacks, complementary alcohol in the Sky Club and now the Have one on us coupons.

So if you don’t care about any of these amenities, so be it, but don’t put down other people with your rants who do like these amenities.

End of my rant

Mr. Elliott
Old Jun 6, 10, 5:13 am
g50

Programs: DL DM MM, AA LTP, UA SILVER,Globalist, SPG/RITZ PLT, Equity Estates Fund,Ritz Club Owner
Originally Posted by bkmn View Post
If you use Firefox with Adblocker you will not get the coupon. DL IT seems to only want to support IE.

Best in class, my ....
You are really going to blame this on DL?

Try ad-blocker plus. Looks like you can tell it to allow certain ads.
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html

or read this

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/639048

or post a question there.

My wife and 3 year old are GM and my two yr old at the time was not. She booked 3 coach award seats together. We got two have one on us on award tickets. Not bad.
Old Jul 23, 10, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
I usually get one and then still get upgraded at the gate. This time, I got one and then changed my flight and got another one with my new check in. So, I'm thinking of trying to use both of them. :-)
Old Jul 23, 10, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
I've been getting that, regardless of upgrades. From what I can remember, I got it on every single TATL flight in Y this year.

I think the only instances where I didn't get one was when flying J-F or when upgraded beforehand.

Search this Thread