Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

We have been aggressively planning this event further, including discussions with not only a variety of Delta Air Lines personnel, but also with key contacts at certain venues which we plan to have as part of the event this year.

The excitement level of all who are involved keeps increasing as ideas on shaping up and fine-tuning the event for this year are being freely exchanged.

As venues, guest speakers and schedules that are currently in the works become definite and confirmed, we will announce them in this thread as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned, and thank you for your patience...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ifette
What time are people getting in on Wed night? If I want to get in before 5, I have to catch a 6a flight out of SJC. If on the other hand getting in at 7:34pm is OK I can sleep in and catch the 10:10a via SLC

Going back looks like I will take the 7:02pm DL1797 ATL-SJC. Figure that ought to leave me enough time to get out of RWT-2 and grab a shower at the SC before hopping on my flight.
I'm trying to arrive around check in time at the Hilton on Wednesday (IIRC, there's one nonstop arrival around 1:52 pm and the next at 3:03 pm) and to depart at either 5:30 or 6:54 on Sunday. However, I'm currently in procrastination mode with respect to purchasing tickets because it's offering H fares (or maybe K or Q for less good times) on the nonstops.

I may regret this, but I'm waiting for more schedule details.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm trying to arrive around check in time at the Hilton on Wednesday (IIRC, there's one nonstop arrival around 1:52 pm and the next at 3:03 pm) and to depart at either 5:30 or 6:54 on Sunday. However, I'm currently in procrastination mode with respect to purchasing tickets because it's offering H fares (or maybe K or Q for less good times) on the nonstops.

I may regret this, but I'm waiting for more schedule details.
You are not the only one. Fares for ATL-MSP on Sunday night are all a bit pricey right now - $160+ on AirTran/American so far...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
World of Coke

It's my favorite tourist trap that I take all visitors to (hence the annual pass!). It is right in Centennial Park, bordered by the Aquarium (world's largest) and CNN Center (headquarters). It has the usual smorgasboard of historical content and fun facts, a 3d "ride", a miniature bottling plant, and then the grand daddy of it all - a room full of coke!

There are stations for each of the following continents: North America, South America, Africa, and Europe. Each one has roughly 8 Coke brand products to taste. Some are stationary (try Bebo Pine Nut and avoid the Beverly!), but half are seasonal and rotate about every quarter. It's fun and interesting, and as you exit you're given a commemorative bottle of regular Coke bottled there in the museum.

Adults $15 ($30 for an annual pass!!) - http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/

TOP CHEF RESTAURANTS

If it fits into the schedule, I'd like to see the World of Coke. I seem to come to Atlanta more post-merger (such as for the mini-DO that zsmith2 organized in April and I've been at Centennial Park twice in the last few years, but I never have enough time during their opening hours.

The acqaurium is well worth seeing. I was there in the evening a couple of years ago for a private reception and it's impressive. I guess I'm a bit of an acquarium freak when I travel: Baltimore, Long Beach, Monterrey, Sydney (twice), Manley, Melbourne, probably more. However, sometimes looking at the fish makes me hungry.

The Top Chef connection is impressive, although there are a few contestants for whom their participation in the show does not reflect well on their restaurants.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: One Star 'n Sky
Originally Posted by mersk862
You are not the only one. Fares for ATL-MSP on Sunday night are all a bit pricey right now - $160+ on AirTran/American so far...
What if we all have one final breakfast at Waffle House early Monday morning and fly out after? Would fares be any better then?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by SkyVillager
What if we all have one final breakfast at Waffle House early Monday morning and fly out after? Would fares be any better then?
I wish I could fly out on Monday morning, but given that my Mondays at work are rather busy, and I'm stretching myself thin on vacation days as it is between the DO and a vacation to the UK in November, I can't really burn another one
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
What time does Waffle House open (or does it never close)? My flight out is at 10:45 am and I suspect that Monday morning Security lines in ATL are quite long.

I will also have checked baggage with me so I guess I had better be at the airport no later than 8:45.

(To make things worse, I learned in Philadelphia that it takes the Beautiful Brunette about 2 hours from the time she wakes up until she is ready to leave the room.)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by Dovster
What time does Waffle House open (or does it never close)?
hahahahaha. the waffle house doesn't close, but it does have bouncers and / or armed guards during the wee hours. I know it's a Southern staple but I steer clear. I like clean.

My flight out is at 10:45 am and I suspect that Monday morning Security lines in ATL are quite long.
Super duper long, especially in the SkyPriority lanes b/c everyone and their mother is Medallion in ATL. I avoid it like the plague, unless, of course, I'm looking to bank VDB.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
(To make things worse, I learned in Philadelphia that it takes the Beautiful Brunette about 2 hours from the time she wakes up until she is ready to leave the room.)

True of most women in my experience.

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I like clean.
So do most of us.

What part of WH is unclean??

I've eaten there a gazillion times...and, of course, there are a bazillion locations....and have never thought of them as "unclean".
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
I've eaten there a gazillion times...and, of course, there are a bazillion locations.
Which is more — a gazillion or a bazillion?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Which is more — a gazillion or a bazillion?
Silly question.

A gazillion is a tetrazillion more than a bazillion.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
We have been aggressively planning this event further, including discussions with not only a variety of Delta Air Lines personnel, but also with key contacts at certain venues which we plan to have as part of the event this year.

The excitement level of all who are involved keeps increasing as ideas on shaping up and fine-tuning the event for this year are being freely exchanged.

As venues, guest speakers and schedules that are currently in the works become definite and confirmed, we will announce them in this thread as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned, and thank you for your patience...
Thank you and your team for the exceptional job they have accomplished to this point! :-: ^ ^ :-:

I am in for breakfast Mon AM at the WH even though we leave on Wednesday.

What time does Waffle House open (or does it never close)? My flight out is at 10:45 am and I suspect that Monday morning Security lines in ATL are quite long.

I will also have checked baggage with me so I guess I had better be at the airport no later than 8:45.

WH is 24/7. Is it possible to check our bags at the Hilton instead of taking them to ATL or is that service not available?

Two hours to look beautiful for you, would you expect or accept anything less?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98
Is it possible to check our bags at the Hilton instead of taking them to ATL
Yes.

The Atlanta Airport Hilton is fully supportive of this event and has already done a lot for us.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by Cholula
What part of WH is unclean??

I've eaten there a gazillion times...and, of course, there are a bazillion locations....and have never thought of them as "unclean".
The bacon and ham? In all seriousness, they usually are clean, but I have been to a few where you could smell the sewage smell coming from the bathrooms.

It (the clean one by my house, not the unclean ones) is actually my family's favorite place to have a meal right before a hurricane is predicted to come ashore. They stay open until the power gets knocked out. Patty melt with hashbrowns smothered and covered. Ahh.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hmmmm. I wonder if I have time to stop at the WH on Powerline Rd in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning before my flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.