Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Yeah, bag claim might pick it up after it spends a half hour going around on the carousel screaming at everyone "I'm lonely, take me home" to everyone who passes by.
True, but I have never been to ATL as a destination, some airports are very good about picking up luggage off the belt, and securing it. I guess ATL does not fall into that category.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by secretsea18
True, but I have never been to ATL as a destination, some airports are very good about picking up luggage off the belt, and securing it. I guess ATL does not fall into that category.
At ATL it's maybe 50 or 100 feet from the unguarded carousels to the outside door where cars pick up pax. So a good thief could walk casually and still be "gone in 60 seconds".
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Yeah, bag claim might pick it up after it spends a half hour going around on the carousel screaming at everyone "I'm lonely, take me home" to everyone who passes by.

Baggage security at ATL leaves me unimpressed. Are there any lockers Traveller could use?
There is a luggage storage service in the baggage claim area. I am not sure what the hours are.. I used it a few years back when I flew through ATL for an interview. I do not recall it being that expensive.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by secretsea18
Nothing wrong with DTW, The World Gateway.
I consider there to be a world of difference between DTW and Detroit. Just sayin'.

MO
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by atl runner
Unrelated to anything to do with this thread or our upcoming event, but it is now official--Verizon will have the iPhone early next year. Apple just announced it.^^^^^^

I can tie it to the thread because I just entered all of our volunteers' mobile numbers into my four year old non-smart phone for access during the DO--the one I've been holding on to waiting for a VZ iPhone.
Thanks for the info. I too want to stick with Verizon and I've been waiting for their international android phone which is expected next month. Now I'll have to decide whether to go for the iphone instead but at least I'll finally be able to replace my family of ancient phones.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Afternoon everyone. Just a quick reminder we are no longer able to accommodate any other changes to venues. If you are not going to be able to make a venue please let us know so that we aren't looking for you at the last minute.

Thanks! See everyone in 2 weeks!
I didn't hear back from the email I sent you on Sat., should I sit tight or resend it?
Please let me know, thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks for the info. I too want to stick with Verizon and I've been waiting for their international android phone which is expected next month. Now I'll have to decide whether to go for the iphone instead but at least I'll finally be able to replace my family of ancient phones.
My wife and I both have a European mobile with pay as you go plans in the UK and Sweden--the two places we go regularly. Just switch out the SIMS card. A little clunky, but we've had the mobile numbers in both countries for years.

I have an iMac, Mac Book Pro, iPad and iPod, so the iPhone seems like the option for me. I have thought about an Android phone, but want to stay with VZ regardless of what I get. It does look like the VZ iPhone will be out this winter--tied in to the roll out of 4G in a number of markets late this year.

By the way, I'm sending this from DL #2049 on the way to SFO. I left the Sky Club early so I could talk with the Gate Agent. Since doing the dry-run, I'm in to Gate Agent stuff. Flawless boarding and the door was closed seven minutes before the scheduled departure time.^
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
OK, let's try a photobucket link:

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/...Museum%20Shop/

Sorry the photos aren't so great. I didn't bring a real camera, and I guess the blackberry camera isn't so wonderful.

The Hilton has a great view of the airport, but the soundproofing is good and you won't be bothered. Definitely ask for a room on the airport side! ^

You can see the museum shop is stocked and ready for us. I was told that they have more goodies coming in the next couple of weeks.

David
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
If you ever connect through DTW you might be able to get plastic "DTW" wings from the information desk if it manned. The info desk is right at the top of the escalators in terminal A, the ones that go down to the psychedelic tunnel that connects to B/C terminal.
Great, we usually don't connect through DTW since we live in MSP, but last night we booked a mileage run STL-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-MSP-STL. Unless we sameday change onto the ATL-HNL flight that Mr. Cellisttoo will be on, we will be passing through Detroit. Toddler Cellisttoo already asked to wear her pilot shirt on the flights... so that could make DTW a really exciting layover for her.

Does anyone know where the DL TV commericial with the cool fountain was filmed in DTW? It would be fun to get her picture there.

Last edited by Cellisttoo; Oct 7, 2010 at 8:02 am Reason: Fixed HTML for Quotes- had incorrect syntax after some editing.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Great, we usually don't connect through DTW since we live in MSP, but last night we booked a mileage run STL-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-MSP-STL. Unless we sameday change onto the ATL-HNL flight that Mr. Cellisttoo will be on, we will be passing through Detroit. Toddler Cellisttoo already asked to wear her pilot shirt on the flights... so that could make DTW a really exciting layover for her.

Does anyone know where the DL TV commericial with the cool fountain was filmed in DTW? It would be fun to get her picture there.
The fountain is right in the middle of the McNamara terminal, between gates A38 & A40.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I just heard a story on the news here that a US Airways plane in Philadelphia was stopped from taking off, and all the passengers were taken off, because there were two US employees assigned to "help people get on the plane" but a third person, who was wearing no identification, also was assisting.

They did not say how these people were helping people board, but I am guessing that the were GAs (2 real, 1 fake) taking boarding passes.

If this causes a security alert that empties a plane, what will 100 of us, without wearing identification, do to ATL?

"I'm tellin ya, it was weird," said passenger Melvin Fletchenheimer of Brooklyn. "The guy who took my boarding pass was wearing a red Phillies t-shirt -- yeah, right here in Atlanta! -- until another guy without ID told him that was not allowed and he had to switch into a white Sarah Palin t-shirt."
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:40 am

The fountain is right in the middle of the A terminal/concourse. If you have time you should take Toddler Cellisttoo on the train that runs back and forth along the length of the terminal.

The fountain is also near the info desk, which is right next to the escalators. Again if you have time you HAVE to take Toddler Cellisttoo down to see the light and sound show in the tunnel! If it is "paused" just wait 10 minutes and it will start up again.

I'll also make a plug for signing a stone!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...stone-dtw.html
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by atl runner
By the way, I'm sending this from DL #2049 on the way to SFO. I left the Sky Club early so I could talk with the Gate Agent. Since doing the dry-run, I'm in to Gate Agent stuff. Flawless boarding and the door was closed seven minutes before the scheduled departure time.^
Probably because the pilot wasn't assisting
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Probably because the pilot wasn't assisting
He was probably assisting in Philadelphia!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Is toddler Cellisttoo on her way to be a DM?

... mileage run STL-DTW-SEA-HNL-SEA-MSP-STL. Unless we sameday change onto the ATL-HNL flight that Mr. Cellisttoo will be on, we will be passing through Detroit. Toddler Cellisttoo already asked to wear her pilot shirt on the flights.
Could be the second youngest (the yougest? ) DM...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.