Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
DiverDave, I think you'd be best waiting until a couple days after you're done with the trip. If it hasn't all been accounted for correctly by then, I think you should contact Delta/His Gloriousness Kevin Pinto the Amazing. It seems like anything unusual (such as a codeshare flight not on DL) can confuse the IT system that processes these things.
Thanks. I was just wondering if this was unusual. KP had to get me enrolled, so I'm sure he will sort it out. :-:

Thank you,
David
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
At this point, I have 4 trips for which the 5K & DBL MQM Bonuses have not posted. 2 phone calls were met with the standard answer " ....4-6 after promotion ends". Baloney, most of the trips post completely with 2-3 days.
I keep detailed trip records, and am 100% sure on my PNR's & routings. From reading through earlier posts, it seems that multiple itinearies and code-share flights can disrupt accurate posting of the promotion.

A) One trip is was originally a BNA-SFO RT, but the unposted return leg was flown as an allowed open-jaw ORD-DTW-BNA on the original PNR after paying a change fee.

B) The other 3 trips have one thing in common; there was other Delta flown travel on different PNRs the same day either early in the morning or late at night.

At this point, I doubt that I will have any more business trips this year involving PIT or BNA, and was would like to corect this in the easiest manner.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I flew yesterday and almost half of my points were posted overnight last night, I expect the others will post tonight since I didnt get in until 1130pm last night.

I am sure with your two examples listed above, those have to be manually take care of.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by dsldog400
At this point, I have 4 trips for which the 5K & DBL MQM Bonuses have not posted. 2 phone calls were met with the standard answer " ....4-6 after promotion ends". Baloney, most of the trips post completely with 2-3 days.
I keep detailed trip records, and am 100% sure on my PNR's & routings. From reading through earlier posts, it seems that multiple itinearies and code-share flights can disrupt accurate posting of the promotion.

A) One trip is was originally a BNA-SFO RT, but the unposted return leg was flown as an allowed open-jaw ORD-DTW-BNA on the original PNR after paying a change fee.

B) The other 3 trips have one thing in common; there was other Delta flown travel on different PNRs the same day either early in the morning or late at night.

At this point, I doubt that I will have any more business trips this year involving PIT or BNA, and was would like to corect this in the easiest manner.
How much time was there between your flights to or from BNA, the ones that set you up for you BNA-elsewhere-BNA roundtrip? I'm confused as to which of the following is REALLY true.

A) you can only get credit for roundtrips from these 4 cities (BNA, PIT, STL, And RDU) if you have no other flights on the same PNR.

B) You can get credit for roundtrips from these 4 cites even if there are other flights on the same PNR, but you have to have at least 4 hours (overnight is better) between the other flights and the flights on which you hope to get the double MQMs/mileage bonus.

C) You can get credit for roundtrips for these 4 cities even when there are other flights on the same PNR, regardless of how much time there is between the flights that position you to take the roundtrip that earns double-MQMs/bonus miles.

Have any people gotten the double MQMs/bonus miles whose flights were in situation "C" above?

And how does one contact Kevin Pinto (email address please).
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by icurhere2
As a matter of principle, I request problems be fixed through "regular" channels first and provide that information to Kevin if not resolved. Most of the time, the normal channels fix the problem appropriately and Kevin's a valuable resource for all.
+1 ^

That is what I do. I will contact SMS first and if (or when) they don't resolve my issue, I will write to KP. He is a single person and I don't want to inundate him with e-mail, especially is there is a slight chance the army of folks working SMS might be able to resolve my issue.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Your experiences may vary, but for me --
STL-ICN roundtrip posted with all bonuses. Even though it began within 24 hours of my positioning flight DCA-STL.
And my outbound STL-LIM flight posted with all bonuses. And it began 14 hours after I landed in STL on the return from ICN.
Will see how the LIM-STL and then the return to DCA works. The DCA-STL flight takes off 55 minutes after the last leg of the LIM flight arrives in STL. (Same airplane continues on to DTW so I was pretty sure I wouldn't miss the connection.)
tom
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mot29
Your experiences may vary, but for me --
STL-ICN roundtrip posted with all bonuses. Even though it began within 24 hours of my positioning flight DCA-STL.
And my outbound STL-LIM flight posted with all bonuses. And it began 14 hours after I landed in STL on the return from ICN.
Will see how the LIM-STL and then the return to DCA works. The DCA-STL flight takes off 55 minutes after the last leg of the LIM flight arrives in STL. (Same airplane continues on to DTW so I was pretty sure I wouldn't miss the connection.)
tom
I'm assuming your LIM-STL and STL-DCA are two different PNRs? If so, based on earlier postings, your DMQM for LIM-STL will not post properly because you have less than a 4 hour connection. DL will see this is a single continuation from LIM-STL-DCA and deem you (incorrectly) ineligible for the promo. My crystal ball shows you contacting SMS and/or KP for assistance a few days after your flight complete to get the DMQM. Let me know if I'm right.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by cnc2002

And how does one contact Kevin Pinto (email address please).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12101672-post25.html
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
My domestic experience this weekend

Positioning ATL-RDU-ATL outbound posted in 24 hours with HUB bonus, inbound has not yet posted at all. I will wait 24 hours since there was a MX cancellation on my flight and I was the last standby to get on the last flight of the night.

RDU-ATL-BWI 45 minute positioning connection on same plane back to ATL. Only the RDU-ATL-posted immediately with the HUB bonus. I had to do a mileage request for the ATL-BWI leg and it posted today with no bonus miles or changes to the previously issued bonus miles.

BWI-CVG-RDU only the BWI-CVG posted I did a mileage request for the CVG-RDU leg. No bonus miles posted yet due to RDU not included in posted mileage. 1.5 hour connection time to the positioning flight.

Total so far 1000 Bonus MQM's and 5000 RDMs
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am a lowly Silver and I did STL-ATL-PHX-ATL-STL a week ago...

Medallion Qualifying Miles
500 - Air Activity Delta Flight 2280 from St. Louis, MO to Atlanta, GA
1587 - Air Activity Delta Flight 2815 from Atlanta, GA to Phoenix, AZ
2087 - Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean
1587 - Air Activity Delta Flight 1746 from Phoenix, AZ to Atlanta, GA
500 - Air Activity Delta Flight 302 from Atlanta, GA to St. Louis, MO
2087 - Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean
8448 - Total MQM

Regular Delta Miles
500 - Air Activity Delta Flight 2280 from St. Louis, MO to Atlanta, GA
125 - Air Activity Bonus: 25% Silver Elite Bonus
1587 - Air Activity Delta Flight 2815 from Atlanta, GA to Phoenix, AZ
397 - Air Activity Bonus: 25% Silver Elite Bonus
5000 - Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean
1587 - Air Activity Delta Flight 1746 from Phoenix, AZ to Atlanta, GA
397 - Air Activity Bonus: 25% Silver Elite Bonus
500 - Air Activity Delta Flight 302 from Atlanta, GA to St. Louis, MO
125 - Air Activity Bonus: 25% Silver Elite Bonus
5000 - Air Activity 10K miles for other US, CA, MX & Caribbean
361 - Charged flight with Delta AmEx with x2 bonus.
75 - Charged parking and gas with Delta AmEx.
15654 - Total RDM

I did need to take a "Positioning Drive" from Wisconsin. 375 miles and six hours each way. So that added a bit to the cost. But I did get First Class upgrades on all four legs, so that was nice.

$180.80 - Cost for flight on Delta.com
$68.00 - Gas money
$7.00 - STL Parking in D
$255.80 - Total cost.

Works out to...
1.63 cents per RDM
3.03 cents per MQM

A nice days work. Thanks to everybody for the heads up!

Oh, I almost forgot. I did have to make the friendly reminder call to the Silver Hotline in order to get the return miles and bonus to post. A common problem on a same day return as I understand it.

Last edited by gopackjo; Sep 13, 2010 at 8:48 am
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I am still missing 3 segments from this weekend and was disappointed not to wake up a PM. Depending on how they credit one segment, I will be either 126 mi short of PM, or 374 over. I have a flight out tomorrow so either way if I get the other miles I will be a PM tomorrow night. Will post mileage totals once they post things.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM; CO Plat
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I'm in the middle of a BNA-MFR round trip. The BNA-CVG leg posted by itself with the 5000 mile bonus and double MQMs for the segment. 24 hours later the other segments posted, and the 5000 bonus and double MQMs have disappeared.

One of the legs that just posted is Horizon. As I understand it, I won't get double MQMs for that leg, but it shouldn't knock out the whole promotion.

Is this typical, or will I end up having to ask for help?

Thank you,
David
I have a similar question but involving the Horizon double miles promo. I am positioning ex-PIT and on the return have a Hirzon segment. Trying to see if I will qualify for DMQM and 25k+ RDM as well as double miles for the Horizon/Alaska segment promo?

Anyone had experience with this?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:15 am

Thumbs up

RDU-SIN-RDU Update:

Returned from SIN trip with the RDU Bonus with Wife and Son.
E-mailed Kevin late last night to update promotional credit due to positioning flight from ATL.

Kevin had it done by 8:00 this morning. Wow! What a great resource from Delta.

All flights were on-time. No operational upgrades. MSP gate agent blocked empty seats next to ours on the outbound to NRT. Not an empty seat on any flights in any class of service on the return. Out of NRT to SIN, the agents did not assign anyone to the last 2 rows of the 777 LR. I actually had 3 seats to myself to lie down. Would recommend that you book to the rear on these long hauls... as the middles fill up last.. and there is sometimes entire rows left empty in the back.

Did fly for first time on Mesaba ERJ 175 / CRJ 900 on the RDU/MSP legs. The FC upgrade on these flights were actually quite nice. Nice salad or sandwich wrap served. Seat comfort was very good. MSP SkyClub was very pleasant with very good service. Clearing customs in MSP was a snap. We had only carry on luggage and we were through to the Skyclub within 15 minutes of landing! A record for us!

On another positive note: My 10 year old son went from no status to Gold with this trip and earned his first domestic upgrades based on HIS status during our return. We are so proud of him. I felt like it was some sort of Right of Passage. He is still small enough and flexible enough to ball up and turn a standard coach seat into a lie flat situation... but already has the tastes of appreciating First Class.

As far as all of the miles / RDU bonuses earned on this trip between the 3 of us..... All I can say is: Ca-Ching! It is definitely raining SkyMiles and MQM's out of RDU/PIT/STL/BNA!

Oh, and as a bonus, we have a great week doing all of the touristy activities in Singapore!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Sorry for breaking the cardinal rule of not reading the entire thread, but I came up against an urgent trip this Wednesday to BNA via ATL and back through ATL on Sunday to OKC. But this is not elgible for any promotion, right?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by milerunner
I have a similar question but involving the Horizon double miles promo. I am positioning ex-PIT and on the return have a Hirzon segment. Trying to see if I will qualify for DMQM and 25k+ RDM as well as double miles for the Horizon/Alaska segment promo?

Anyone had experience with this?
Not sure what you're asking... But you will not qualify for DMQM for the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air anyway. That is not a Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated flight as per the DMQM T&C. As for the Horizon double miles promo, I am not familiar with that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.