FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:15 am
ptcflyer

Thumbs up

RDU-SIN-RDU Update:

Returned from SIN trip with the RDU Bonus with Wife and Son.
E-mailed Kevin late last night to update promotional credit due to positioning flight from ATL.

Kevin had it done by 8:00 this morning. Wow! What a great resource from Delta.

All flights were on-time. No operational upgrades. MSP gate agent blocked empty seats next to ours on the outbound to NRT. Not an empty seat on any flights in any class of service on the return. Out of NRT to SIN, the agents did not assign anyone to the last 2 rows of the 777 LR. I actually had 3 seats to myself to lie down. Would recommend that you book to the rear on these long hauls... as the middles fill up last.. and there is sometimes entire rows left empty in the back.

Did fly for first time on Mesaba ERJ 175 / CRJ 900 on the RDU/MSP legs. The FC upgrade on these flights were actually quite nice. Nice salad or sandwich wrap served. Seat comfort was very good. MSP SkyClub was very pleasant with very good service. Clearing customs in MSP was a snap. We had only carry on luggage and we were through to the Skyclub within 15 minutes of landing! A record for us!

On another positive note: My 10 year old son went from no status to Gold with this trip and earned his first domestic upgrades based on HIS status during our return. We are so proud of him. I felt like it was some sort of Right of Passage. He is still small enough and flexible enough to ball up and turn a standard coach seat into a lie flat situation... but already has the tastes of appreciating First Class.

As far as all of the miles / RDU bonuses earned on this trip between the 3 of us..... All I can say is: Ca-Ching! It is definitely raining SkyMiles and MQM's out of RDU/PIT/STL/BNA!

Oh, and as a bonus, we have a great week doing all of the touristy activities in Singapore!