Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can't Delta put a "Channel 9 feature" where we can hear pilots talk to ATC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't Delta put a "Channel 9 feature" where we can hear pilots talk to ATC?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat & 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
For those that don't know about the thead, over in the United forum there's a thread of the best other people have heard from ATC while listening to Ch.9.

It's long, so if you've got some time to burn it's a funny read.

And +1 for me - would love to have it on DL flights.
I guess I'm disclosing how long I've been flying by recalling the days when AA used have the cockpit camera and showed it on the cabin screen. I always thought that was the best.
Old May 6, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ComAirKid
No you cannot but you could theoretically track each ground station that your plane gets passed to and as long as liveatc has it available. Ex.

ATC: "DL 442 contact Salt Lake at xxx good day"
DL 442: "Contact Salt Lake DL 442"
you: switch station to Salt lake
Exactly. It actually is pretty cool to switch centers in real time..definitely makes the time go by.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by foneil
I guess I'm disclosing how long I've been flying by recalling the days when AA used have the cockpit camera and showed it on the cabin screen. I always thought that was the best.
While we're at it, lets also ask for the nose cone camera that AF uses during takeoff and landing. That is really nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.