Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX SkyClub renovations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:06 pm

Will be there tonight (Tuesday night) 1and try and take some photos. After I leave Anaheim I'm flying: 07/14/2010: 1230a - 603a LAX - MSP DL 2268

Looking forward to seeing the changes.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by golfingboy
The elevator is ancient and takes forever.... LAX is in the process of replacing all elevators and escalators, but they won't complete this project until 2013 [LAX is on a lax schedule], so it might take awhile before they replace that elevator. In the meantime, I always take the stairs instead, it is fun seeing the person in the elevator the minute the door closes then seeing the person again at the SC counter waiting behind me
It's fun sharing the elevator with the trash haulers or flight crews going to secured levels and giving you the evil eye watching to make sure you don't get off on "their level". I'd hoped the renovation would have included an escalator to the club.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I trust the showers are still available? They are a godsend after getting to LAX through the heat of southern Cal. Also a godsend to my fellow passengers.
Not as of last week. One shower room had been converted into a temporary men's restroom.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:20 pm

Location: Mokuleia Hi, Ventura Ca, and anywhere blue water moves over shallow reefs
Programs: DL Diamond, CO Platinum
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
It's fun sharing the elevator with the trash haulers or flight crews going to secured levels and giving you the evil eye watching to make sure you don't get off on "their level". I'd hoped the renovation would have included an escalator to the club.
I ride that elevator all the time as LAX is where most of my travels begin, I've never received anything but pleasantries from pilots and crew. Maybe you conduct yourself differently.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
No showers any more?

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I trust the showers are still available? They are a godsend after getting to LAX through the heat of southern Cal. Also a godsend to my fellow passengers.
I don't know if this is new, temporary or permanent, but the DL Sky Club page doesn't show the shower icon at LAX.

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

I recall it did have the shower icon last week, although i might have been on medication at the time.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:09 am

The shower rooms will be back. They're being renovated along with the restrooms. I was there last week and watched as one of the shower rooms was being re-tiled.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
they've apparently decided it's in good shape now... there's a DL suit and a camera crew in here filming some sort of interview on the space and amenities in businesselite.....

never been in the LAX skyclub before, but it's fresh and airy, and i do like it.

earlier, there were construction workers in here leveling the artwork.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (The Hawaiian iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

So any word on whether the shower rooms have been reopened? Transiting through LAX in a few weeks.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:24 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by slippahs
So any word on whether the shower rooms have been reopened? Transiting through LAX in a few weeks.
Here is your answer:

Originally Posted by PaddyL
The shower rooms will be back. They're being renovated along with the restrooms. I was there last week and watched as one of the shower rooms was being re-tiled.

It should open soon, by the end of the month the latest...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (The Hawaiian iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Here is your answer:

Originally Posted by PaddyL

It should open soon, by the end of the month the latest...
Thanks, but that really doesn't answer my question on whether the showers have already been reopened.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:46 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Thanks, but that really doesn't answer my question on whether the showers have already been reopened.
The answer is no... It is still under construction...

Gave them a call and they said construction is completed, so the showers might be ready...

Last edited by golfingboy; Jul 14, 2010 at 2:02 pm
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Sitting here now, and looks VERY nice. Not quite MIA, but nice nonetheless. Far better than it was less than 2 weeks ago, when the aforementioned shower was the only men's room.

And my favorite part? Red Hook's "Slim Chance" on tap! Trying very hard not to tie one on before the 11:55 back to ATL.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Re: the shower question, the press release says that there are two showers.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:04 pm

Really like the LAX Skyclub

^ I flew out of LAX yesterday, and thought the Skyclub looked quite good, with nice work stations along the windows, and a classy self-serve bar and snack area---VERY nice!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Crazy4Birds
^ I flew out of LAX yesterday, and thought the Skyclub looked quite good, with nice work stations along the windows, and a classy self-serve bar and snack area---VERY nice!
Self-serve bar?

Did they downgrade the liquor selections now that the customer is pouring?

I always like the NW self-serve mode, but they typically did not stock the better brands that legacy Sky Clubs did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.