Wiki Posts
Search

LAX SkyClub renovations?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
LAX SkyClub renovations?

I read in a few posts that the LAX Sky Club is getting renovated. Does anyone know what to expect after they're done?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
More fake cheese?

Seriously, I'm guessing they will cover the rotunda to add more seating. I'm also guessing they will remove the bar and make drinks self-serve.

Personally, I'd like to see:

- Modern decor (like LHR T4 SkyTeam lounge)
- More variations in seating (some stools at the window, some couches, a large communal table, WorldClub style seats with the swivel trays)
- A dedicated elevator or escalator for the club (no more sharing with the trash haulers and crews skeptical of what floor you are going to)
- Power outlets EVERYWHERE
- Expanded views of the tarmac (like AA and AS lounges)
- An area free of blaring TV's
- AS and WC style self-serve refrigerators with veggies and real cheese
- A basket of apples, oranges & bananas somewhere
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
More fake cheese?

Seriously, I'm guessing they will cover the rotunda to add more seating. I'm also guessing they will remove the bar and make drinks self-serve.

Personally, I'd like to see:

- Modern decor (like LHR T4 SkyTeam lounge)
- More variations in seating (some stools at the window, some couches, a large communal table, WorldClub style seats with the swivel trays)
- A dedicated elevator or escalator for the club (no more sharing with the trash haulers and crews skeptical of what floor you are going to)
- Power outlets EVERYWHERE
- Expanded views of the tarmac (like AA and AS lounges)
- An area free of blaring TV's
- AS and WC style self-serve refrigerators with veggies and real cheese
- A basket of apples, oranges & bananas somewhere
IIRC the rotunda which is cool but takes up space is gone. There is an area free of TVs, it is actually usually empty, the space behind the check-in desk (to the left of the bathrooms). The cubicles back usually have nobody. Elevators are difficult to add to an existing building, lots of structural issues involved so I don't know if that will happen.

The one thing I do like about the LAX club is the variety of drinks served. One of the few, maybe only, club that serves the DL cocktails and also a variety of beers on tap and in bottles. If the club went self service, I think all of that would be gone.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
the space behind the check-in desk (to the left of the bathrooms). The cubicles back usually have nobody.
I forgot to add that nobody goes back there because cell service is weak back there. Hopefully opening the desk area (maybe making it face the entry?) would allow folks to go right or left (to that unused space)?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
i never been in there, quick question, can you see the run way from the SK.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by LADELTA777
i never been in there, quick question, can you see the run way from the SK.
You get a view of the planes and gates of T5 & T4.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bradfrancini
I read in a few posts that the LAX Sky Club is getting renovated. Does anyone know what to expect after they're done?
When will that happen? I was there two days ago and didn't see any signs of renovation. I would agree on the rotunda space, I really like it, but the lounge space is too small.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.

thank you sr
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:59 pm

Honestly...I'm all for removing the full-service bar because every time I've been there I've had to wait for some woman to come walking from the back. And when I've attempted to engage in dialogue, the level of English has appeared minimal. To me it just degrades the whole experience.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by n7371f
Honestly...I'm all for removing the full-service bar because every time I've been there I've had to wait for some woman to come walking from the back. And when I've attempted to engage in dialogue, the level of English has appeared minimal. To me it just degrades the whole experience.
For one- although I enjoy beverages, I for the life of me don't know how to mix them apparently, so I do appreciate having someone there to mix them... was in ORD 2 weeks ago and tried making a couple drinks- one came out horribly strong, (easy fix, added more OJ) the other one curdled the baileys :eew:. And as others mentioned, it would probably keep a wider variety of drink options. Hope to try this once AS moves into T-6 as we're limited to 3 beverages per club... (and some of your freebies are call drinks @ AS)

But it can be kinda slow like in SEA, when there isn't usually someone behind the bar and you need to find an agent...

Oh, and can I add a request for showers too (There's a couple transpac's from LAX)
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Oh, and can I add a request for showers too (There's a couple transpac's from LAX)
They already exist!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by n7371f
Not only that, but they were complaining about a customer in spanish, and didn't realize that I spoke spanish and understood the whole conversation.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by acjflyer
They already exist!

Better not take them away then

Dang... all the more reason to find entry while in LAX...

Finally checked dulta.com and saw:

*Club will be undergoing renovations beginning February 15, 2010. Please pardon our progress as we make way for a new and improved experience
haha- it also has the putput green (had a little fun with this in DCA )
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Not only that, but they were complaining about a customer in spanish, and didn't realize that I spoke spanish and understood the whole conversation.
Dude that's hilarious!!! I wish I had that skill living here in Orlando! I hope you busted their chops!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Actually it's T5 and T6

MO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.