Search

Your 2010 Medallion Credentials …

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Because Jeff posted this last summer:

For those current Platinum Medallions who earn the new Diamond Medallion status, in addition to the four systemwide upgrades, they will receive two additional choice-benefits including the ability to have six additional systemwide upgrades for a total of 10 systemwide upgrades.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...l#post12134191

Apparently that is now being disavowed. Have a cold one handy, this one will probably stir up a pretty big fuss.

David
Or, they will arrive in our Diamond packet... (not holding my breath)
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
So GM credentials starting shipping on Feb 8th. Both my wife and I are GMs and we have not received anything after 10 days. I guess I will give it a couple more days before I call SMS.

Have any GMs out there received their credentials in the last week or so?
Nothing here either as a GM.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Nor here.

Maybe it's a typo and GM mailings start 2/18 (today) rather than 2/8?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Why are you expecting any PMU's with your medallion package? PMU's are only available via the Choice Benefits program now. You can either choose to take PMU's as your Choice Benefit or take something else and have no PMU's.

-RM
As stated by DiverDave because Jeff said so...

Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
FlyerTalkers,
Since many of you asked about the systemwide upgrade certificates at the road warrior event, I thought I would share a few more specifics around these. Up through the end of this year, all Platinum elites will continue to receive six Platinum systemwide upgrades just as they do today – no changes. Beginning in 2010, rather than six systemwide upgrades, Platinums will now have the option of receiving four new systemwide upgrades or can choose from a set of optional benefits instead. For those current Platinum Medallions who earn the new Diamond Medallion status, in addition to the four systemwide upgrades, they will receive two additional choice-benefits including the ability to have six additional systemwide upgrades for a total of 10 systemwide upgrades. The new systemwide upgrades will still require the purchase of a YBM fare, however will soon be usable on the day of departure and will also become fully automated (no more paper) in 2010. In essence, should a Diamond or Platinum elite purchase a YBM fare internationally and there are empty seats in Business Class on t
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by WBurcham
As stated by DiverDave because Jeff said so...
+1000.

Am I the only one really pissed off at this?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SMI, do you know if the DM status will be reflected for itineraries that are in progress? I know I'm not the only one, but in my case I am flying out on 2/28 and back on 3/5. So I'll still be PM when I start the trip, but will the system update our status on 3/1? Previously I know this wasn't possible and we were locked in to whatever SM# and status was there when the itinerary started.

Mainly wondering because my return flight is already showing V0 so I'd be needing the DM status for the gate upgrade, otherwise I doubt the upgrade will clear even though I'm on a Q class ticket.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Thanks for the update SMI- I really like the choice aspect of the program.

I have a quick question- there were a number of us who qualified for Platinum in December 2009. Historically, if you qualified in a year, you'd get those platinum benefits (PMUs and waivers) and then a new set upon the new program year.

Is that still the case, or do we only receive one 2010 choice?

Thanks!
I got 6 last year and just got 4 more according to the DL web.

So can I reverse miles put out for one of my international M fares this year since I could not confirm a PMU at the time of booking?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Last year PM's got three appreciation certs to give DL employees. Will you be doing that again this year? Can we have more than three?^
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Those were great... I think they really went a long way for Delta folks more than us...
Agreed, but last year's excluded employees of the regionals. There were several deserving Mesaba employees I would have liked to give them to. Hopefully they will make future certs useful for all "Delta" representatives we might encounter.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
+1000.

Am I the only one really pissed off at this?
No, as a concerted Delta kool aide drinker, I am happy.

Let's just say this MAY be one of the last nails in the coffin.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Am I the only one really pissed off at this
You are not the only one. I am pissed off too. I suggest we all TTU Delta and tell them how pissed off we are.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by netfishpanda
You are not the only one. I am pissed off too. I suggest we all TTU Delta and tell them how pissed off we are.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
SMI, when will the six yearly PU464's post to Hawaii resident Elites? PU464 details: http://dmn.delta.com/DLeCerts/displa...ource=internal
(PU464 is the Hawaii Resident Any-Fare Upgrade to First Class - A.)

This is likely the main reason why the Hawaii based Elites (sorry, "Medallions") are still with Delta. If you take this away, that will be likely the last straw for a good portion of your highest revenue Hawaii-based flyers. At least for me, the PU464's is the main reason why I have stayed loyal to NW (as it really helps to get proper sleep overnight to MSP or ATL on the A330s or 747's, as I always have a full work day upon arrival on the east coast the next morning).

I have asked before to DL CS about this a few times over the last 9 months, and I was never told that this benefit is being taken away. So, I presume that we are still getting the PU464's this year.. when? And if not and this key benefit was taken away, why was so done in such a purposefully covert manner without any announcement on that (public or direct to the affected parties)?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the update!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Xeno
I got 6 last year and just got 4 more according to the DL web.

So can I reverse miles put out for one of my international M fares this year since I could not confirm a PMU at the time of booking?
Xeno - I have done this many times (effectively "redeemed" a PMU/SWU for 40k skymiles). Here are the caveats:

1) I had to show that the PMUs "were in transit" and that is why I had to use the 40k miles

2) The booked Z/G itin must be within the effective date of the PMUs.

I called in, wrote a letter and sent the PMUs in with the letter. A week or so later, I had 80k skymiles back in my account (40k for each PMU).

TFD
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
SMI, I am really disappointed. We all know what Jeff said and meant earlier in regards to the Choice Benefits, yet you are now parsing those words to change their meaning. Do your medallions really need to consult with an attorney to figure out the benefits or for once can you just deliver what was promised? Do you guys stay up at night trying to figure out a way to mess with your medallions? This is getting really old, really fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.