Search

Your 2010 Medallion Credentials …

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:25 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Your 2010 Medallion Credentials …

It has been a little while since our last update, but given the annual chatter around the “when will my credentials arrive” topic here, we thought that it would be a good opportunity to provide an update on a few things.

First, today we brought Choice Benefits online for our Platinum and Diamond Medallion members – someone else got the scoop on me (pun intended), but at least you got the information. I will continue to monitor your comments in the thread that has already started and will be posting there shortly about one of the 'hot' items of the day. You can now begin making your selections online www.delta.com/choicebenefits

Second, insight on the timing for when you will receive your Medallion credentials. We send out all Medallion credential kits via First Class postage, so the time between when they leave our facility and the time they get to your mailbox is relatively short. The post office says that delivery can range up to 3-4 days, but our experience has been more in the range of 1-3 days delivery time. There may be some variation in delivery time depending on which post office center is handling your packet, but with that said, below is our delivery schedule:

North America based members:
February 8th – Gold Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 19th – Platinum Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 24th – Diamond Medallion credentials begin shipping
March 3rd – Silver Medallion credentials begin shipping

Asia based members (note - delivery time will vary from the US standard listed above):
February 19th - Platinum and Gold Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 22nd - Diamond Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 23rd - Silver Medallion credentials begin shipping

Regardless of when your credentials are shipped, your 2010 status will be reflected on March 1st and all the benefits associated with your level will be available as long as your SkyMiles number is in your reservation.

We all know that this is an exciting time of year for our Medallions and we will continue to watch your feedback.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Thanks for the update SMI- I really like the choice aspect of the program.

I have a quick question- there were a number of us who qualified for Platinum in December 2009. Historically, if you qualified in a year, you'd get those platinum benefits (PMUs and waivers) and then a new set upon the new program year.

Is that still the case, or do we only receive one 2010 choice?

Thanks!

Last edited by thepointsguy; Feb 18, 2010 at 4:46 pm
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
It has been a little while since our last update, but given the annual chatter around the “when will my credentials arrive” topic here, we thought that it would be a good opportunity to provide an update on a few things.

First, today we brought Choice Benefits online for our Platinum and Diamond Medallion members – someone else got the scoop on me (pun intended), but at least you got the information. I will continue to monitor your comments in the thread that has already started and will be posting there shortly about one of the 'hot' items of the day. You can now begin making your selections online www.delta.com/choicebenefits

Second, insight on the timing for when you will receive your Medallion credentials. We send out all Medallion credential kits via First Class postage, so the time between when they leave our facility and the time they get to your mailbox is relatively short. The post office says that delivery can range up to 3-4 days, but our experience has been more in the range of 1-3 days delivery time. There may be some variation in delivery time depending on which post office center is handling your packet, but with that said, below is our delivery schedule:

North America based members:
February 8th – Gold Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 19th – Platinum Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 24th – Diamond Medallion credentials begin shipping
March 3rd – Silver Medallion credentials begin shipping

Asia based members (note - delivery time will vary from the US standard listed above):
February 19th - Platinum and Gold Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 22nd - Diamond Medallion credentials begin shipping
February 23rd - Silver Medallion credentials begin shipping

Regardless of when your credentials are shipped, your 2010 status will be reflected on March 1st and all the benefits associated with your level will be available as long as your SkyMiles number is in your reservation.

We all know that this is an exciting time of year for our Medallions and we will continue to watch your feedback.

SkyMilesInsider
Thank you. Please, when you have a sec, look at the thread about different pricing being logged off vs being logged on... this is a huge issue that needs to be addressed for the credability of Delta's pricing to their elites..
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:34 pm

Just reconfirming that we'll ALSO be receiving our PLATINUM PMU's as well. IIRC Jeff detailed this in a previous thread (will search).
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Thanks for the update SMI. Now Mrs. GBadger will know why her credentials are arriving later than mine .
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Thanks for the update... Now can we merge all of the other threads of people asking when their cards and credentials will be arriving.... Seemed like there was a new one everyday...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
So GM credentials starting shipping on Feb 8th. Both my wife and I are GMs and we have not received anything after 10 days. I guess I will give it a couple more days before I call SMS.

Have any GMs out there received their credentials in the last week or so?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Thank you. Please, when you have a sec, look at the thread about different pricing being logged off vs being logged on... this is a huge issue that needs to be addressed for the credability of Delta's pricing to their elites..

Done. I sent a note to DeltaWebDev to see if he has some insight.

SMI
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Done. I sent a note to DeltaWebDev to see if he has some insight.

SMI
Thank you for the credential update. Also if you have the time, I think a lot of us would like to hear if you had any updates from the thread regarding Delta.com issues. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...delta-com.html

You had mentioned in that thread that you had sent the info to the IT directors...so I was curious if there was any feedback from them on potential fixes.

Thanks!!!

Winkdaddy
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Last year PM's got three appreciation certs to give DL employees. Will you be doing that again this year? Can we have more than three?

^
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Last year PM's got three appreciation certs to give DL employees. Will you be doing that again this year? Can we have more than three?

^
Those were great... I think they really went a long way for Delta folks more than us...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Just reconfirming that we'll ALSO be receiving our PLATINUM PMU's as well. IIRC Jeff detailed this in a previous thread (will search).
Why are you expecting any PMU's with your medallion package? PMU's are only available via the Choice Benefits program now. You can either choose to take PMU's as your Choice Benefit or take something else and have no PMU's.

-RM
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gargoyle

^
I never received any of those last year (or ever for that matter).
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Thank you for the credential update. Also if you have the time, I think a lot of us would like to hear if you had any updates from the thread regarding Delta.com issues. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...delta-com.html

You had mentioned in that thread that you had sent the info to the IT directors...so I was curious if there was any feedback from them on potential fixes.
That's on my list of things to get to you....stay tuned.

SMI
Old Feb 18, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Why are you expecting any PMU's with your medallion package? PMU's are only available via the Choice Benefits program now. You can either choose to take PMU's as your Choice Benefit or take something else and have no PMU's.
Because Jeff posted this last summer:

For those current Platinum Medallions who earn the new Diamond Medallion status, in addition to the four systemwide upgrades, they will receive two additional choice-benefits including the ability to have six additional systemwide upgrades for a total of 10 systemwide upgrades.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...l#post12134191

Apparently that is now being disavowed. Have a cold one handy, this one will probably stir up a pretty big fuss.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.