Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Trans-Continental Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flyer2016
We teleconferenced with the client. Not quite like being there in person - but it wasn't a totally bad experience. I'll see the client at a meeting in Las Vegas next week and will buy him dinner then.
Out of curiosity, did you call your client and tell them that you didn't come to see them because you weren't going to get upgraded on your flight ?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat
The flight isn't 7 hours? its 5 hours 45 minutes at most.

By the way as a Gold I was upgraded!

10 Feb 2010 Air Activity Delta Flight 722 from San Francisco, CA to New York-Kennedy, NY T/X 2586 0 2586 2586 1
10 Feb 2010 Air Activity Bonus: 100% Gold Medallion Bonus 0 2586 2586
07 Feb 2010 Air Activity Delta Flight 719 from New York-Kennedy, NY to San Francisco, CA T/X 2586 0 2586 2586 1
07 Feb 2010 Air Activity Bonus: 100% Gold Medallion Bonus 0 2586 2586
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
We teleconferenced with the client. Not quite like being there in person - but it wasn't a totally bad experience. I'll see the client at a meeting in Las Vegas next week and will buy him dinner then.

I own my business, and if you were employed by my co, you would no longer be employed by me.

for us our clients come first. They are the main reason we still have jobs, I f one of our employee has a meeting he or she would make every single efford to make that meeting.

I am sorry to sould like an a hole, but this is how I feel.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:02 pm

LMAO I didn't read the end where he said he didn't take the flight. LOL I am with @LADELTA777 if you worked where I worked you wouldn't have a job tomorrow.

Next time you want to sit up front pay for it.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
The flight isn't 7 hours? its 5 hours 45 minutes at most.
It's longer going to other way...I've seen it as long as 6:20 going west. Totally depends on headwinds. They do pad the schedule a lot though...mainly due to the "JFK factor" I think.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:06 pm

I have flown JFK SFO and its never taken longer than 5 hours 45 but yeah with the headwind it might take longer but never 7 hours. Thats counting time on the ground.

My JFK > SFO on the 7th got us in 1 hour 30 minutes early. We were scheduled for 1:30 arrival got in at 11:55 and I was in my car at 12:10. Heck was in Cupertino before 1.

I've flown SFO > JFK in under 5 hours once.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
7 or 10 hours still no excuse on not making the trip, me as a client would take this as not being respecful of my time, and my business, so i as a client would take by business some else.

PS, our co always picks up the bill when we buy dinner / lunch for out clients, co rule.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, NWA "MillionAir", Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by decibel08
oy.

sounds like you should have bought F tickets then.
Yes. I learned my lesson and now I know: No automatic upgrades for Platinums on transcontinental flights on Delta.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
FWIW I've been upgraded 5 days out (both directions) on a T fare over the MKL Jr. Day holiday in jan 2010.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
LMAO I didn't read the end where he said he didn't take the flight. LOL I am with @LADELTA777 if you worked where I worked you wouldn't have a job tomorrow.

Next time you want to sit up front pay for it.
+1000
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KLC
It's all X0 until gate time.
Except when they sub in a 767-300ER (which I've seen once or twice since they started using the converted 757s), this is a gate-only upgrade. I've seen Z (systemwide/miles) inventory available.

This X0 policy is frustrating, and, while certainly within DL's contractual rights, it's equally clearly against the spirit of the upgrade program that they lure you in with.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta SM
Upgraded as a silver on SFO JFK at 2 days out on a MR last November. Did not get it going back...bummer.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, NWA "MillionAir", Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by LADELTA777
I own my business, and if you were employed by my co, you would no longer be employed by me.

for us our clients come first. They are the main reason we still have jobs, I f one of our employee has a meeting he or she would make every single efford to make that meeting.

I am sorry to sould like an a hole, but this is how I feel.
Perhaps a deeper explanation was in order regarding my decision not to travel to SFO in the morning and back to NYC on the redeye.

I too own my own business. Our clients comes first as well.

My client on that trip to SF is my college roommate and he is more than a client. He is my best friend - with the exception of my wife. As a mater of fact, he and his family had stayed at my house at Lake Tahoe the week before.

I had been on the road for the better part of three weeks and when I asked him if we could take care of our business via telephone or teleconference he understood.

"If you were employed by my co," I would have some empathy for you and ask questions and try to understand the situation before I would behave rashly.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Yes. I learned my lesson and now I know: No automatic upgrades for Platinums on transcontinental flights on Delta.
How about "no automatic upgrades for anyone on any flight"? I'm not sure what you were expecting. Even buying a full Y fare does not guarantee an "automatic" upgrade (space must be available).
Old Feb 13, 2010, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jazzop
How about "no automatic upgrades for anyone on any flight"? I'm not sure what you were expecting. Even buying a full Y fare does not guarantee an "automatic" upgrade (space must be available).
Right. A point well taken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.