Wiki Posts
Search

IFE on Delta (converted from NWA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:02 pm
B1
Original Poster

IFE on Delta (converted from NWA)

I booked as usual on nwa.com for March on what appeared to be NW flights. But I was notified by email this week that the flights are now Delta-designated. And it mentioned that there might be movies - something we never had to be concerned with on NW. Now, how can I know tell if there actually will be any form of IFE (Toronto-Detroit-Phoenix) and is there a charge and if I bring my own headphones what kind of connector is used? I thought of a lot of funny lines that I could add on to this but I'll stop because they are obvious.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Regrets, but changing to DL flight numbers didn't cause a flood of AVOD systems or wifi to be installed... yet. If it's a domestic NW-legacy aircraft other than a 757-300 it won't have IFE/AVOD.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...oth-dl-nw.html
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:09 pm
B1
Original Poster

Thanks for setting this straight. The friendly email from Delta said "Do you want to change your seat, or find out what movies will be shown on board? It's just a click away, and don't worry about reconfirming your flights - you're all set!" Clicking to the movie page listed movies and regions....as if...
So basically, the lengthy email could have been replaced with "Replace "NW" with "DL" on all flight designations. Don't expect anything else and it will be worse than last year when there were no luggage charges from Canada. Welcome to Delta." I couldn't even use the WP miles - now Skymiles - for a trip out of YYZ - everything (really everything) was coming up as unavailable. I will continue to use my MP4 player and Netbook for IFE.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by B1
So basically, the lengthy email could have been replaced with "Replace "NW" with "DL" on all flight designations. Don't expect anything else and it will be worse than last year when there were no luggage charges from Canada. Welcome to Delta." I couldn't even use the WP miles - now Skymiles - for a trip out of YYZ - everything (really everything) was coming up as unavailable. I will continue to use my MP4 player and Netbook for IFE.
Exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.