Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying on 012- awards; watch the FFP #

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Flying on 012- awards; watch the FFP #

I'm returning from OTP now, at the LGA SC.

In the past I've found it very useful to ensure that my status showed correctly in the AF system for irop protection and auto-rebookings.

But AF at LHR told me that my WP number could not be substituted into itin. Of course, the WP # no longer exists.

And of course then there's an irop - waiting at CDG because the jetbridge doesn't work, they can't find stairs in a short time, we all miss our connex. Then I've missed my A380 experience

AF did at least rebook me in J on the next 772, but this took some time at the service desk.

This morning at LGA, I have to fight the baggage fight to avoid paying the $60 for my checked. Apparently a new SM number has appeared in the record, despite AF telling me it can't be changed, and not only is this # isn't mine, it's not elite. I have to be firm.

What is frustrating about these kind of dynamics is the agents asking "How did this SM # get in here?" when I have no idea, when it's DL's system doing the re-allocation of numbers!

Anyway, to anyone traveling on a NW-issued award, on 012 stock with an e-ticket number, I suggest that you verify for each sector that your DL status shows correctly.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Ince

AF did at least rebook me in J on the next 772, but this took some time at the service desk.

What is frustrating about these kind of dynamics is the agents asking "How did this SM # get in here?" when I have no idea, when it's DL's system doing the re-allocation of numbers!

Anyway, to anyone traveling on a NW-issued award, on 012 stock with an e-ticket number, I suggest that you verify for each sector that your DL status shows correctly.
This is a typical DL problem with their IT. Once you begin travel, you can't change the FFP # AND it will NOT recognize your change of status.

You must literally email customer service with a complaint and have them do it. Agents you speak to (check in, SC, reservations) ARE NOT allowed to do this (again, piss poor action on DL's part).

For this reason ALWAYS carry your elite card when traveling. That way, even if "not elite" in the system because of when you started travel, you can prove you are. Or carry a copy of your skymiles balance (showing status) and that will usually take care of this.

Dave
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had them swap my FQTV #s mid itinerary (both DL and AF), no problem for me at all. The lugagge/status thing can be bad, I had this problem last year with US Air and it took a while to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.