Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NWA itineraries now transferred to Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWA itineraries now transferred to Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by mjwise
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Appears a PNR has had the nwa.com name of "Doe John M" change to a dl.com name of "Doe johnm".
This happened to me too - see sticky thread. I sent Delta an e-mail about it. If this is how a BP will print out, this might cause an issue getting through security.
This is normal for Delta. This is how they deal with middle names. It will not cause an issue w/ TSA.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Update: today more seats were available to me on my March itinerary, but seats in row 5 on an A319 and DC9-30 are still not selectable. Gone or reserved?
First rows in coach are gate reserved. You cannot reserve them before.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Dilemma
Must be just for some, not all, aircraft. I snagged a bunch of 10A/B 10H/J's on A330s, now that seatmap became available on delta.com more than 90 days out.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
++1

Originally Posted by fromYXU
Upcoming MSP-AMS and AMS-DTW booked on delta.com but had selected selected 10A and 10J on the nwa.com site.

During the reservation mergermy setas were moved to row 12 during the transition. I was able to reselect my seats.

So, check your reservations!
Bumped from Exit to BFE on one RT... re-selected w/o problem, but wasn't moved from Row 5 on the A320 on a seperate trip, so their Row 5 booting&blocking appears inconsistent.

A heads-up email from Deleta would have been nice (i.e. 'we're playing musical chairs this weekend, if you care re-check on Monday').
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Bumped from Exit to BFE on one RT... re-selected w/o problem, but wasn't moved from Row 5 on the A320 on a seperate trip, so their Row 5 booting&blocking appears inconsistent.

A heads-up email from Deleta would have been nice (i.e. 'we're playing musical chairs this weekend, if you care re-check on Monday').
If it's anything like the checkin reminder text messages have been lately, you'll get in some time in February.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM
My BE flight to HK on thursday shows accurate and the seats I had picked on nwa.com but on delta.com it shows me missing a leg and with not assigned or different seats. Called the elite line and was told everything before feb 1 is unchanged and trust the nwa.com info (in other words I won't have to walk to seattle to catch my flight to narita). Fingers crossed that she's right....
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dilemma
I kept a row 5 seat assignment when it ported over. Now keeping that seat is a different matter. The rest of row 5 (which was empty on nwa.com before the port over) is blocked off.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:15 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
So now there is no way to print out your e-ticket receipt for reservations booked with the former NWA?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by fti
So now there is no way to print out your e-ticket receipt for reservations booked with the former NWA?
No, and there's not going to be a way to do that. As Delta says in their very helpful and insigthful FAQ on this, if you need it then call them (get transferred around some five to ten times until someone actually gets it what you're asking for, and may be an hour or two later you will get it - more likley not). Also no way to change or cancel or upgrade or same-day standby/change flights (or do anything else other than view your iteneary sans the ticket # and info) without calling.

Hope you got yours printed to PDF earlier while you still could. I did (all my future NW bookings tickets, my PUxxx upgrade cert balance and redemption codes and rules for each (as with delta no more ECVs, no more online viewable e-certs also), my SM statement while it's still clear and readable on nwa.com, etc.)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
My flights transferred without any problems. THough the two things that I really wish I could do is print my receipt and see the confirmation numbers for the flying airline (ie: KLM)... I was always able to see my KLM confirmation on the site, but not with delta.com ...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:49 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Hope you got yours printed to PDF earlier while you still could. I did (all my future NW bookings tickets, my PUxxx upgrade cert balance and redemption codes and rules for each (as with delta no more ECVs, no more online viewable e-certs also), my SM statement while it's still clear and readable on nwa.com, etc.)
I thought I had until 1/31/10 so no, I didn't do it. I will call and insist that I want a copy of the e-ticket receipts that I never got when booked. Sounds fair enough to me.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Good advice for everyone. It's too late for reservations but not too late for the other items, especially the PMUs.

With some relief, I am happy to report that upgrades on NW flights that got moved to DL are working OK. I have two "NW" flights on Sunday the 31st that were Deltafied in this weekend's conversion. Both were upgraded earlier today, although no "Your upgrade is now confirmed" email from Delta Messenger.

Last edited by Stripe; Jan 25, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
How to find E ticket #

Can someone tell me where on the web site I can find my e ticket number? I'm trying to learn where & how to find info on the Delta site. Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
the last name young has been transformed to yougf.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by marbles dad
the last name young has been transformed to yougf.
Is "F" your middle initial? As noted in post 16 above by Dilemma, that is how Delta deals with middle names. But if so, it still looks like they eliminated a letter in your name. I'd call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.