Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NWA itineraries now transferred to Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE

Just tried pulling up a KLM itinerary on nwa.com and was re-directed to Delta.com. My Skymiles number was in the reservation when it could be accessed on NWA.com, but it is not in the system over on delta.com, though after I added it via the website, it stayed in the system.

Looks like all itineraries now can only be accessed through delta.com. Searching on nwa.com does pull up the itinerary on delta.com. But receipts are not available on delta.com.

The positive: a business class reservation that I had made on nwa.com for August 2010 flights to and within Asia now has been assigned Delta flight numbers and I just obtained my seat assignments way ahead of the former 90-day NWA window.

FAQs from the Delta website (you can get it when you try to pull up a reservation on nwa.com, or on Delta.com and you input a NWA confirmation number):

Delta and Northwest Merger
Ticket & Booking FAQs
As part of the Delta/Northwest merger, we are changing all Northwest flight numbers to Delta flight numbers and migrating all Northwest bookings to Delta. During the first three months of 2010 we plan to fully integrate Northwest reservation systems into Deltas. When this happens, nwa.com will be closed for business and customers will be redirected to delta.com. Please note that no action is necessary on your part. We are taking a careful, phased integration approach to make it as seamless as possible for customers.
Please note that no action is necessary on your part. If you booked travel on Northwest, the switch to Delta doesn't change your itinerary. Customers can manage itineraries at delta.com and check-in using the same confirmation number received from Northwest.
General Questions
I purchased tickets at nwa.com. Are they still valid?

Customer Service
Is there still a number I can call for online support?

Booking & Reservations
Where are the bookings and information that used to be in My Booking Info at nwa.com?
Will the preferences stored in My Booking Info transfer to delta.com?

Itineraries
Where can I view my eTicket receipt online?
Can I still change my reservation online?
Can I still change my Award Ticket online?
Will all Northwest flight numbers change to a Delta flight number even if my reservation is already booked?
Will I be able to use a Northwest confirmation number on delta.com?
What will happen to my travel alert notifications?
How do I change my seat assignment or select my seat?
My travel plans have changed. How do I request a refund for my previously purchased Northwest ticket?
When I booked my ticket, I also purchased a car, hotel, or destination product on nwa.com. Where can I find information on that reservation?
I purchased tickets at nwa.com. Are they still valid?
Yes. Tickets purchased on nwa.com are still valid, and you can manage your itinerary at delta.com using your same confirmation number.
Return to top
Is there still a number I can call for online support?
You can call delta.com support at 888-750-3284. Customers calling the number for nwa.com support will be redirected to this number. Likewise, customers calling Northwest Reservations (800-225-2525) will automatically be re-routed to Delta Reservations (800-221-1212).
Return to top
Where are the bookings and information that used to be in My Booking Info at nwa.com?
You can view all of your bookings on delta.com by logging in or by looking up your itinerary.
Return to top
Will the preferences stored in My Booking Info transfer to delta.com?
Your log-in information, seat preferences, Preferred Trips, and existing reservations will be transferred to delta.com.
Return to top
Where can I view my eTicket receipt online?
You can view your itineraries and print Delta eTicket receipts on delta.com at Itineraries & Check-in. Printed Northwest eTicket receipts can only be obtained by calling Delta Reservations.
Return to top
Can I still change my reservation online?
Yes. Most types of tickets previously booked with Northwest can be changed on delta.com. Change fees may apply. Changes to Award Tickets booked with Northwest can be made by calling Delta Reservations.
Return to top
Can I still change my Award Ticket online?
Award Tickets that are on hold can be cancelled and rebooked on delta.com. Other changes to Award Tickets can be made by calling Delta Reservations.
Return to top
Will all Northwest flight numbers change to a Delta flight number even if my reservation is already booked?
Yes, all Northwest flight numbers will eventually change to Delta flight numbers. Delta will contact you using information that youve already provided. Regardless, no action is necessary from you. Even if you somehow miss the notification about your new Delta flight number, you can still check in at the airport as planned with your original confirmation number.
Return to top
Will I be able to use a Northwest confirmation number on delta.com?
Yes.
Return to top
What will happen to my travel alert notifications?
Delta proactively notifies all customers of flight notifications based on contact information provided at the time of booking. This includes reminders, schedule changes, flight delays, and/or cancellations. SkyMiles members can log in at delta.com/profile under Traveling & Check-in and provide a preferred contact method (email, cell phone, text address) for Delta Messenger flight notifications.
Return to top
How do I change my seat assignment or select my seat?
You can change your seat or select your seat at delta.com by clicking Select/Change under Itineraries.
Return to top
My travel plans have changed. How do I request a refund for my previously purchased Northwest ticket?
You can request a refund at delta.com by looking up your reservation and clicking "Cancel". You will be redirected to the "Request a Refund" form. For Award Tickets booked through Northwest, please call Delta Reservations.
Return to top
When I booked my ticket, I also purchased a car, hotel, or destination product on nwa.com. Where can I find information on that reservation?
You should contact the service provider (car rental company, for example) directly. When you booked the car, hotel, or destination product, you should have received an email confirmation or receipt with more information. If you have misplaced the confirmation, you can call the service provider directly.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My DL number stayed with the reservation. One thing, though -- the seats that were reserved for disabled and other non-selectable seats are just blued out. I don't know if this means they are still non-selectable or if they became available after the move to DL and were taken. I have less-than-desirable seats on a couple of segments and was hoping to grab row 5 aisle seats at 24 hours.

On the plus side, I was able to select seats for my late July award trip to Europe, except for the KL flights. Got exactly what I wanted.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:45 am

Programs: UA/CO Silver
My NWA confirmations number were changed to DL confirmation numbers. I was also able to select seats over the 90 day NWA limit. I can also see the seat maps for some KE flights but can't choose seats.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Umm, not sure if this has already been answered. I had a booking with NWA at fare Z, which is credited to my programme at 200% of actual distance flown. I have now got this itenary transferred to DL, and it quotes my fare as I, which is 150%.
So, will I get credited with 200% miles as per my original reservation or will it now be 50% less? This is really confusing.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by luitje
Umm, not sure if this has already been answered. I had a booking with NWA at fare Z, which is credited to my programme at 200% of actual distance flown. I have now got this itenary transferred to DL, and it quotes my fare as I, which is 150%.
So, will I get credited with 200% miles as per my original reservation or will it now be 50% less? This is really confusing.
I assume you're talking about Aeroflot? You will probably have to call them afterwards to have it straightened out. You did purchase a Z fare from NW, but given it's DL that reports it to SU now, DL will report it as DL/I. My guess is that if you fax/mail Aeroflot a copy of your purchase confirmation that shows NW/Z they will take care of you, but that's really between you and Aeroflot, not Delta.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Observations:

* Seats transferred over ok, from nwa.com.

* all seats in coach are now selectable, no more DSA or CoachChoice. Just change my seat assignments to something more preferred, since on nwa.com they were unselectable.

Dreading the first equipment-change seat-change.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Relevant sticky: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-weekend.html
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Check your seat assignments

Upcoming MSP-AMS and AMS-DTW booked on delta.com but had selected selected 10A and 10J on the nwa.com site.

During the reservation mergermy setas were moved to row 12 during the transition. I was able to reselect my seats.

So, check your reservations!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Upcoming MSP-AMS and AMS-DTW booked on delta.com but had selected selected 10A and 10J on the nwa.com site.

During the reservation mergermy setas were moved to row 12 during the transition. I was able to reselect my seats.

+1!! Same thing happened to me on 3 upcoming itins I had originally booked and seat-selected on nwa.com. Got the "right" seats again on delta.com, but I'm not happy about the change. WTH happened to merging the "best of" the websites...Delta's reservations/seat selection screens SUCK compared to nwa.com's.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by fromYXU

+1 again. Just checked my next 5 weeks' flights before logging in this morning, and on every one I had been moved (had selected Exit seats on NWA). Strangely, for about half an hour, I wasn't able to pick seats, so I finally called SMS, but while I was on hold it started working. Luckily, I was able to get them all reset to exits.

The only one pending now is this Thursday's. NWA has me 9B, DL has me 6F. Delta shows the Roach Choice Exits (9D-F) as available, but selecting and saving does nothing. Guess that one's still officially operated NWA, so the Choice rules remain.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by ifette
My guess is that if you fax/mail Aeroflot a copy of your purchase confirmation that shows NW/Z they will take care of you, but that's really between you and Aeroflot, not Delta.
I called Aeroflot and they told me it depends on how DL decides to handle this milage claim. If they honour original NWA booking, I will be credited with 22K miles; if not, I am likely to loose around 6K.
So it's not so much b/w me and Aeroflot but rather b/w me and DL.

From their (SU Hotline) experience Delta is very unlikely to be generous in this situation. hack, I have made a special effort to book with NWA in Z. Why did I even bother?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Appears a PNR has had the nwa.com name of "Doe John M" change to a dl.com name of "Doe johnm".
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Appears a PNR has had the nwa.com name of "Doe John M" change to a dl.com name of "Doe johnm".
This happened to me too - see sticky thread. I sent Delta an e-mail about it. If this is how a BP will print out, this might cause an issue getting through security.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: 1st Class Only
Intinerary Changes/Questions

So Delta only messed up our First Class award assignments MSP-HNL. Got it fixed pronto. Noticed fare classes I had not seen before: First (G) - this was an upgrade paid for with miles; Coach (n) - this was a coach award ticket.

I have another ticket that was converted that I would like to use miles to upgrade. I have searched Delta.com, but have not found this feature. It was a handy drop-down box on NWA.com. If I am blind, please show me where this is. If not, do I have to call?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: today more seats were available to me on my March itinerary, but seats in row 5 on an A319 and DC9-30 are still not selectable. Gone or reserved?

My first name on my two reservations is Pauls on one and Paulsmr (??) on the other. This better get fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.