Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get ticket # on delta.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Question How to get ticket # on delta.com?

Now that all the Feb 1 and onwards NWA itenearies are migrated to delta.com, and are no longer accessible on nwa.com, can someone please advise me how to get to see the actual ticket #(s) and ticket details (fare calculation & basis, ticket issue date & place, ticket #, etc.)?

The DL itenearies usually have a link called "Email Receipt" that I believe is the only way to see that (not online, but then sent via e-mail). However, none of the NWA migrated over itenearies have that link. (And for the DL ones that do, it has only worked for 1 out of more than 10 itenearies. As reliably as clockwork, for all DL itenearies selecting that link and entering the e-mail address and submitting it results in the same message each and every time (except once over the last year): "We're sorry but this service is not available at this time. Please try again later." (but of course it never works, as apparently this service is never available))

Is it that all the NWA existing tickets are not being reticketed? While they were still available on NWA, I noticed that all were reticketed over the last two weeks to new NW flight numbers, and now yesterday I saw on nwa.com that all that is changed is NW->DL with the same flight numbers. So, it would seem that the reticketing of the NW itenearies was done over the last two weeks to new NW flight numbers that correspond to future designated DL flight numbers, and that the tickets are remaining as 012s (and thus never visible on delta.com, nor now any longer on nwa.com?) now just with "search and replace" DL replacing NW for all flights. Is that a correct assertion?

And if that is the case, then unless one has an earlier printout to PDF or such of the actual ticket (as I do for all of mine), now no way to see that anymore, ever, on delta.com?

And on a related subject, would anyone happen to know will the PUxxx upgrade certs (such as PU503s, that expire in July, 2010 for mine for example) be moved to delta.com e-certs (still not there as of today), or will those also be soon kaput and no longer visible, so the only way to use the open (unused) e-certs will be if one has saved a PDF or a paper printout copy of them? (Even if so?) And thus no more way to tell which ones are open and which ones are closed..

Lastly, for originally DL (not NW migrated, that seem to not have it at all) itenearies, does anyone know the secret to make the ticket # show or the "Email Receipt" link work (that for me for 9 out of 10 originally DL itenearies always fails with the "system unavailable" error, over the last year or so)?

..and for flight changes, I guess that delta.com does not have that functionality online at all, as I've never seen for any iteneary (DL or NW) a "change flights" option on delta.com.. wow, just now I really see how we are going back a good decade or two in customer facing functionality.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Now that all the Feb 1 and onwards NWA itenearies are migrated to delta.com, and are no longer accessible on nwa.com, can someone please advise me how to get to see the actual ticket #(s) and ticket details (fare calculation & basis, ticket issue date & place, ticket #, etc.)?

The DL itenearies usually have a link called "Email Receipt" that I believe is the only way to see that (not online, but then sent via e-mail). However, none of the NWA migrated over itenearies have that link. (And for the DL ones that do, it has only worked for 1 out of more than 10 itenearies. As reliably as clockwork, for all DL itenearies selecting that link and entering the e-mail address and submitting it results in the same message each and every time (except once over the last year): "We're sorry but this service is not available at this time. Please try again later." (but of course it never works, as apparently this service is never available))

Is it that all the NWA existing tickets are not being reticketed? While they were still available on NWA, I noticed that all were reticketed over the last two weeks to new NW flight numbers, and now yesterday I saw on nwa.com that all that is changed is NW->DL with the same flight numbers. So, it would seem that the reticketing of the NW itenearies was done over the last two weeks to new NW flight numbers that correspond to future designated DL flight numbers, and that the tickets are remaining as 012s (and thus never visible on delta.com, nor now any longer on nwa.com?) now just with "search and replace" DL replacing NW for all flights. Is that a correct assertion?

And if that is the case, then unless one has an earlier printout to PDF or such of the actual ticket (as I do for all of mine), now no way to see that anymore, ever, on delta.com?

And on a related subject, would anyone happen to know will the PUxxx upgrade certs (such as PU503s, that expire in July, 2010 for mine for example) be moved to delta.com e-certs (still not there as of today), or will those also be soon kaput and no longer visible, so the only way to use the open (unused) e-certs will be if one has saved a PDF or a paper printout copy of them? (Even if so?) And thus no more way to tell which ones are open and which ones are closed..

Lastly, for originally DL (not NW migrated, that seem to not have it at all) itenearies, does anyone know the secret to make the ticket # show or the "Email Receipt" link work (that for me for 9 out of 10 originally DL itenearies always fails with the "system unavailable" error, over the last year or so)?

..and for flight changes, I guess that delta.com does not have that functionality online at all, as I've never seen for any iteneary (DL or NW) a "change flights" option on delta.com.. wow, just now I really see how we are going back a good decade or two in customer facing functionality.
I feel for you, as I too am unable to find my NW itinerary receipts online. Perhaps you can search through your emails for the purchase email receipts for now...
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
The "e-mail receipt" option only seems to work when the ticket was booked on DL stock (Ticket #'s starting with 006).
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Lightbulb Receipt found on nwa.com for NW itineraries!!!!

OK.... I just found out that you can still find your NW receipt on the NWA.com website.

I logged into "My NWA Info". And in "My Reservations" there was a "Print Receipt" button, that brought up the receipt for that itinerary! It looks like they are still there, but you must access them via a circuitous method.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by secretsea18
OK.... I just found out that you can still find your NW receipt on the NWA.com website.

I logged into "My NWA Info". And in "My Reservations" there was a "Print Receipt" button, that brought up the receipt for that itinerary! It looks like they are still there, but you must access them via a circuitous method.
Good find! Thank you, I actually needed this info.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by secretsea18

I guess that it works for some but not all. For me all reservations always get the "Delta and Northwest have come together / The nwa.com page that you requested is now a part of delta.com" and redirect to delta.com... which, promptly, gives the error: "System Unavailable We're sorry but this service is not available at this time. Please try again later." Meaning that there is no way to view some itenearies at all if going in from nwa (luckily at least it does work if going in from delta.com initially - just somehow the redirect from NW to DL doesn't work for the itenearies; no wonder, I bet another thing that wasn't properly tested before the migration and not even after the >Sept 5 batch was migrated and this problem was present then, nothing was done to fix it for others in the future).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.