Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What issues are reasons to let your Sky Club membership lapse? Check all that apply.
I do not intend to let it lapse. I intend to renew my membership because I am happy with Sky Clubs.
10.67%
Loss of locations.
43.87%
Food issues.
63.64%
I am or will be a Diamond Medallion, so Sky Club membership is free of charge for me.
24.51%
Service issues.
15.02%
Other issues, which I intend to state in this thread.
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Sky Club snack service changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: DL KM
^ This post hits the nail on the head.

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Maybe I am too easy to please.....all I want is a quiet location with wifi, a steady stream of complimentary gin and tonics (I'm happy to tip), access to an agent that can actually get things done, and maybe some Biscoffs. I don't go to airline clubs based on their food offerings. I also don't change airlines because of the food served on board. You know what? It all is mediocre at best.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
SMI and others that make the decisions
May we please have the hand-fruit -- apples, oranges, maybe a banana back from the old WC days. You have put these into the snack baskets, please, in the clubs, too.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:05 am

I will reserve my judgment until we know what the changes are, but I would like to thank SMI for coming here to share the news.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by bubbashow
How do you know it is below WC standards? They have yet to announce the changes.
Do you really have to ask that? Take a look at all the "enhancements" to the SkyClub thus far. I think the track record should speak for itself.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: DL DM
BUT, they say that they have recognized the problem and are changing it. Give them a chance. If you don't like it, don't renew. If enough people don't renew, they will make appropriate changes. It is a business. They have an obligation to make money for their investors. I don't always agree with the decisions, but maintain the right to vote with my wallet. Come on, you've seen the entitlement. It is ludicrous. It isn't NW. NW is gone. Life will go on. The sun will rise tomorrow.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:33 am

Thanks for your note about the true intent

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
To be crystal clear on this it was not a cost-cutting measure. The savings we see from discontinuing the pre-flight appetizers is funding the expansion of offering snacks all day rather than just a few hours.

This is the information that we can share at this point. More will be shared in the near future.

SkyMilesInsider
Dear SMI,

Thanks for your note that it was not about cost-cutting. I fully trust that you want to improve the overall experience and frankly, I always wondered how DL afforded the great spread in the ATL and JFK clubs in the afternoons. No matter, having healthy choices available all day that can be provided for a reasonable cost is what is most important, after of course free wifi and the open bar. I find those (wifi and open bar) to the the top two reasons to maintain my membership.

As for my feedback on quality snacks that could be available all day, here's my wish list:

- Whole Fruit (Apples, Bananas, etc.)
- Carrot Sticks / Baby Carrots
- Low sodium pretzels
- Cookies
- Yogurt (yes, please have all day avail, it is a healthy option for tiding one over till dinner in order to avoid the various fast food selections otherwise available in the terminal)
- Good quality nuts like almonds, cashews, etc.

Hope this feedback helps in your quest to satisfy the membership.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
When I first started my job 5-6 years ago and began traveling every week, I really had two airlines to choose from: US or DL. I ended up choosing delta because we were able to expense one Club and the Crown Room offered free drinks. So, long story short, I've flown DL almost every week for 5 years because the club offered complimentary cocktails. As long as this doesn't change and the wifi remains, I'll continue to renew my membership.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by n7371f
I mean, how many dollars a year does it cost for actual Tillamook cheese versus processed?
Glad I got to enjoy the Conc E SC on our flight out to LAS for Christmas!

I LOVE Tillamook cheese!! I sure hope DL can include it in future offerings.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)

Therefore, beginning February 1, the expanded snack service will be offered from breakfast until the club closes all across the Delta Sky Club network.

We feel that working toward greater product consistency adds to the value of your membership for all of our members and is the right thing to do. We hope you enjoy the upcoming changes and yes, we will continue to listen to your feedback.

SkyMilesInsider
This is great news --- thanks for letting us know.

The only better news would be the SCs are going to be run at the same level of service that those of us who used NW WCs were used to before the merger.

Bob H
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I am wondering what you are comparing this to? My recent AA & LAN (dom & intl) experiences didn't include pre-flight dining or ANYTHING special (for free).

This change, unfortunately, brings DL almost in line w/its competitors (domestically). Even internationally the food offerings aren't spectacular save for the lounges that offer DINING at them.

This does NOT enhance anything that Delta does, it simply moves all clubs in line with the others.

Here is to hoping that there will be ADDITIONAL foodstuffs out throughout the day. Hopefully a move to have some sort of breakfast food(s) like CO offers (bagels & yogurt) along with something other than snack mix at night.

We'll see....
my comparisons are to the other airlines I have flown in the last year or so on premium Int'l. With the exception of UA, all have offered a reasonable pre-flight experience (BA, Luftansa, SAA, Virgin, etc).

I understand the argument for consistency in Sky Clubs, and support that, but I believe DL should offer a competitive product for Int'l Biz Class pax. Of course, the boneheaded decision to combine Sky Clubs and Biz Elite lounges prevent any differentiation from the experience a pax on a $200 ticket from MCO-ATL would receive from a customer on a $10,000 ticket from ATL-LHR...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
We have been reading your comments here about the snacks offered in our lounges for months in addition to listening to member feedback that we get directly from within the Clubs and from delta.com.
SkyMilesInsider

Thanks for the update and if you guys really read the comments, especially mine check out the President Club's snack offerings. Those are nice
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by BobH
This is great news --- thanks for letting us know.

The only better news would be the SCs are going to be run at the same level of service that those of us who used NW WCs were used to before the merger.

Bob H
the Best news would be the updating of the legacy CRC's (granted some are on par with the WC's but then some are just aweful....I use to think the BOS WC was bad....it's not even close to ATL B10).....I'm sure the bean counters are careful to keep Richard away from these clubs because it wouldn't be cheap to fix everything that is wrong with them (at least they could start giving free Tetanus shots to members in these clubs)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:40 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I appreciate SMI communicating with us. But the lack of specific information about what will be in the expanded snack selection is unfortunate.

I think DL has already made up its mind about the expanded snack selection, it's just not telling us. If it were a true improvement, DL would be plastering the entire media space about how they are expanding their services. So I am not really expecting the best out of this change.

On the other hand, the CRC/DSC is not what is going to drive me to another carrier permanently. It may, at most, affect whether I choose to visit the CRC and allow them to charge Amex for my plat visit. It may also affect whether I travel on another carrier on certain international premium routes: e.g. LH, LX or SQ to Germany; BA to London; SQ, OZ, CX or ANA to Asia.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:49 am

On the surface, I see this as a real positive for most. The only losers in this situation are those that were using the ATL E club and the JFK club, everyone else is a net winner. Let's face it, anything they add to the snack assortment during the day is going to be a positive relative to what is there right now! I look forward to seeing what the new snack offerings actually are.

Also, people should be nicer to SMI (Isn't he NW Scoop reborn?). I have met him before and he is a really nice guy. No need to shoot the messenger. (and heck, he is a messenger of good news for most people here!)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:54 am

To be crystal clear on this it was not a cost-cutting measure. The savings we see from discontinuing the pre-flight appetizers is funding the expansion of offering snacks all day rather than just a few hours.

This is the information that we can share at this point. More will be shared in the near future.

SkyMilesInsider
How much cost differentiation is there between shrimp ($$$$$) and Sams Club pretzel mix (.5$)?

Originally Posted by Burj
Is the hummus still served in those little glass jars? They USED to come in card board "pyramidal" shaped containers.

I stopped eating it when it started coming in the little glass jars as I couldn't stand the thought of throwing a glass jar in the garbage for TWO spoonfuls of hummus!

Considering that Delta has been pretty pro-active about in-flight recycling...I hope they reconsider the hummus glass jar issue...
ATL A17 had the cardboard ones last night when I was there, they confused me first time I saw them because Minute Maid used to have frozen fruit treats in the same containers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.