FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club snack service changes
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:28 am
Air Brian

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I am wondering what you are comparing this to? My recent AA & LAN (dom & intl) experiences didn't include pre-flight dining or ANYTHING special (for free).

This change, unfortunately, brings DL almost in line w/its competitors (domestically). Even internationally the food offerings aren't spectacular save for the lounges that offer DINING at them.

This does NOT enhance anything that Delta does, it simply moves all clubs in line with the others.

Here is to hoping that there will be ADDITIONAL foodstuffs out throughout the day. Hopefully a move to have some sort of breakfast food(s) like CO offers (bagels & yogurt) along with something other than snack mix at night.

We'll see....
my comparisons are to the other airlines I have flown in the last year or so on premium Int'l. With the exception of UA, all have offered a reasonable pre-flight experience (BA, Luftansa, SAA, Virgin, etc).

I understand the argument for consistency in Sky Clubs, and support that, but I believe DL should offer a competitive product for Int'l Biz Class pax. Of course, the boneheaded decision to combine Sky Clubs and Biz Elite lounges prevent any differentiation from the experience a pax on a $200 ticket from MCO-ATL would receive from a customer on a $10,000 ticket from ATL-LHR...