View Poll Results: What issues are reasons to let your Sky Club membership lapse? Check all that apply.
I do not intend to let it lapse. I intend to renew my membership because I am happy with Sky Clubs.
10.67%
Loss of locations.
43.87%
Food issues.
63.64%
I am or will be a Diamond Medallion, so Sky Club membership is free of charge for me.
24.51%
Service issues.
15.02%
Other issues, which I intend to state in this thread.
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Sky Club snack service changes

Old Jan 13, 10, 5:00 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Sky Club snack service changes

We have been reading your comments here about the snacks offered in our lounges for months in addition to listening to member feedback that we get directly from within the Clubs and from delta.com. It’s a hot topic and we assume that we will always encounter many vocal opinions no matter what we do, so we wanted address some changes we are making in a straightforward, matter-of-fact way before we implement them and offer you some insights as to why they are being made.

As many of you are aware, we have limited locations (ATL E for example) that offer pre-flight appetizers, which offer an increased level of food service. These select clubs are primarily aligned to support Delta’s international departures. We know that you also frequently comment on the overall selection and availability of snacks as we continue to harmonize the offerings of the pre-merger Delta and pre-merger Northwest locations. The change we are making will address both of these issues.

Starting on January 16, we will no longer offer pre-flight appetizers at the clubs where they are currently served in favor of providing a more consistent product across the entire Delta Sky Club network for longer periods of time throughout the day. We are very pleased that this will allow us to have a snack offering throughout the entire day a Delta Sky Club is open. Right now, for example, we serve an expanded snack offering from 4 – 7 pm but if you come to the clubs outside of those times, snacks are not available. (After breakfast, we are currently only offering pretzel mix, dried fruit, Biscoff cookies and Nutella). Therefore, beginning February 1, the expanded snack service will be offered from breakfast until the club closes all across the Delta Sky Club network.

We feel that working toward greater product consistency adds to the value of your membership for all of our members and is the right thing to do. We hope you enjoy the upcoming changes and yes, we will continue to listen to your feedback.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL - GM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
i.e. It costs us too much to actually provide food, so we're just going to provide snacks at all our clubs.

It has nothing to do with "uniformity amongst all clubs". This is purely a cost saving measure.

Frankly, as long as the bar stays open the entire time the club is open that is what we all really care about. Get rid of the bar and we'll riot.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
As if it wasn't close already, I believe Delta will now have the worst Business Class product of any "world class" carrier, and I am certain this an industry lagging pre-flight experience. The spin is comical and insulting as if DL believes those who have jobs/means to afford a BE tickets are complete idiots. Why try and ascend to the top when you can race to the bottom.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:12 pm

that's all I can say.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
I always feel like I am bucking the trend on most posts here, but I feel this is a change for the positive. Then again, most of my travel is domestic. I think we need to applaud Delta for being very straightforward with communication on this site recently. Thanks Skymiles Insider. I personally like the change. Snacks available all day were a nice benefit of the World Club. I am glad I renewed this year....it was a decision I was debating.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Air Brian View Post
As if it wasn't close already, I believe Delta will now have the worst Business Class product of any "world class" carrier, and I am certain this an industry lagging pre-flight experience. The spin is comical and insulting as if DL believes those who have jobs/means to afford a BE tickets are complete idiots. Why try and ascend to the top when you can race to the bottom.
I am wondering what you are comparing this to? My recent AA & LAN (dom & intl) experiences didn't include pre-flight dining or ANYTHING special (for free).

This change, unfortunately, brings DL almost in line w/its competitors (domestically). Even internationally the food offerings aren't spectacular save for the lounges that offer DINING at them.

This does NOT enhance anything that Delta does, it simply moves all clubs in line with the others.

Here is to hoping that there will be ADDITIONAL foodstuffs out throughout the day. Hopefully a move to have some sort of breakfast food(s) like CO offers (bagels & yogurt) along with something other than snack mix at night.

We'll see....
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton, Marriot, and Melia Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Excellent news; I'm glad enhancements are back !

I used to go to the T2 lounge at JFK, even when my flight departs from T3, because of the "pre-flight appetizers". Now I don't have to do it anymore.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:27 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum
I don't think you guys understood his post. The way I read it, it means expanded snacks all day long....
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Sounds like nothing more than a very carefully worded press release with not much substance.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton, Marriot, and Melia Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Juanefny View Post
I don't think you guys understood his post. The way I read it, it means expanded snacks all day long....
Indeed! And they are removing the more substantial appetizer to make room for those.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
First, SMI, I really appreciate the communication. This has been an area that many DL FTers have been concerned about for some time and apparently that is now changing for the better. All the news doesn't have to be good, but telling us up front what is coming is at least giving us common courtesy and respect. Again, thanks.

As to the snack changes, can you share what the new all-day snacks will be? I'm sure the expanded snacks at the ATL E and the JFK clubs were pricey and while I liked them, if I wanted something to eat, there were numerious better options within a few steps of both that were affordable.

Now, with the elimination of the snack spreads, is there any chance of allowing outside food into at least parts of the clubs? It seems a little silly that I can eat olives, carrot sticks, cheese, crackers and biscoffs while using the wi-fi and without ruining the clubs, but I have to choke down a sub from Quiznos before I can get back in? Just food for thought. (pun intended )
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider View Post
.. (After breakfast, we are currently only offering pretzel mix, dried fruit, Biscoff cookies and Nutella). Therefore, beginning February 1, the expanded snack service will be offered from breakfast until the club closes all across the Delta Sky Club network.
So what are the extended snacks??
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Juanefny View Post
The question is WHAT does the expansion of snacks mean? I don't know if that means same stuff for longer OR more food.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
If it is the same stuff that they serve in the afternoon for longer, it is a BIG improvement.
Old Jan 13, 10, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-18
Thumbs down NRT?

So I take it that this is the official indication that Sushi and soup is done at NRT. Hopefully I am wrong.....

Jiburi

PS-I've never liked any of the domestic US snack items past breakfast. Food past breakfast are all junk food in my book unless they get salsa and chips back.

Search this Thread