Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck in Atlanta- trying to get to MSP

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: DLPM, HH DIA
Good point, WI Runner...I am stuck in GRB until late tomorrow.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:10 pm

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
Does anybody know why the FAA website is showing no delays at MSP?
http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp
Old Dec 8, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Delta GM, CO GE
Originally Posted by BobH
I recommend going through DTW -- -weather here is OK and will stay that way -- this time around.

Bob H
I agree! MSP is socked in big time: ceiling at 600 feet. MIFR, winds at 14 (but that will increase enormously on the backside of the low pressure) 2 inches of snow on the runway now. I would not bet on getting in there tonight.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LALAland
Does anybody know why the FAA website is showing no delays at MSP?
http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp
By about 8 pm here, there's normally a big decline in air traffic in/out of MSP. Unfortunately, the local community has successfully imposed a curfew for most airplanes so that the late evening banks of flights are pretty small and the airport gets empty by about 9. Maybe it's the midwest farming heritage or maybe the city just likes to pretend it functions on East Coast time. (You can tell I'm not a native of the frozen north.)

Also, remember that MSP has good equipment and experience in keeping the airport open during winter storms. Seeing your plane get de-iced by detouring to a staging area (on the way to the take-off line) where the plane appears to drive through a car wash is an experience not to to be missed! Needless to say, it's much more efficient to take the planes to the de-icing equipment than to have the aircraft wait at the gates for the de-icing equipment to come visit the planes where they are still parked and blocking other aircraft from using the gates.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Well, I am home. I made it and didn't die on the roads.

Flight 1710 was about 15 mins EARLY and then we needed to wait for a gate to clear.

NOW the drive home (South Metro) was NUTS...wow!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.