Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

E mailed DL....received auto reply from NW???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E mailed DL....received auto reply from NW???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by socrates
What I think you're forgetting is DLMatic is a very very old system which requires many many things to be processed manually - the agents are use to having the system (PARS) do many of these functions, imagine for a second if you were to loose your current computer and have to start using a DOS based system...you'd have issues too
+1. The comments you see about how empowered NW agents have always been is more a statement on the technology platform than anything else. There are great CS people at both DL and NW but NW gets the edge due to the systems they have access to.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
That maybe so, but they still cant issue eTCVs or issue refunds easily (at least, that's been my experience lately when my Delta request was handled by NWA).
I got a couple eTCV's from NWA from complaints sent to Delta.

For some reason, the complaints go to NWA and the compliments and questions go to Delta. But, the compensation from NWA seems to be a bit more generous than what I've gotten from Delta in the past, so I'm not complaining (at least about this setup).
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
... the compensation from NWA seems to be a bit more generous than what I've gotten from Delta in the past, so I'm not complaining (at least about this setup).
+1. NW sure ain't perfect, but they certainly are fairly generous making things right. Last year I netted 50K. I didn't even have to file a single complaint (TTU).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.