Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by USirritated
Of course he should call Delta, because it was a Delta transfer bonus program he was asking about! Delta is offering a bonus on all miles transferred from the hotel programs, such as Marriott, through 12/31/2010, see below.

Offer 3 - Convert points from many of our hotel partners—like Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide® and Marriott International® 25% Mileage Bonus December 31, 2010

https://www.delta.com/pet/transferbonus2010/pet/main
US, you are right. I did not realize he was talking about the DL promo for getting a bonus. But his question was specifically "does converting points to miles cost anything?". This is not a DL issue and DL can't answer that. The first part of converting is going to the source. In this case Marriott. And whether they charge or not is not a DL issue.

For the link you provided, if you want to "Convert Now" DL will provide one with links to the various hotel chains.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am sorry, I disagree. If someone wants to protect themselves, then call Delta and do not give your Delta number. However, I would still call Delta first and ask questions. It makes no sense to me to call Marriott for a Delta promotion. However, that all being said, if you call Delta and you do not get the information you want about transfering the points for this promotion, then by all means call Marriott. It is unfortunate that there has been so much back and forth here, because I would be concerned that this has just confused the person who asked the original question on this issue. Sorry about that!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Well, I think I've sifted through the confusion...hopefully.

So my plan of attack is:

1) register for the Marriott/SkyMiles transfer promotion...done
2) contacted Marriott for status challenges (didn't realize that was a "thing" so thank you for the suggestion)...was granted conditional Gold status through Feb 2011, extended out to Feb 2012 if I stay 12 nights between 3 Nov and 1 Feb. Have about 10 more nights, so I'll need to muster up 2 more somewhere along the line. So I guess this means I will get a 25% point bonus now when I check out if I become "Quasi-gold" tomorrow. I should be able to break the 30,000 points level then I think.
3) select points on my Marriott profile for rewards...done
4) Call the number listed on the SkyMiles site, which appears to be the Marriott Rewards line:

For more information and to transfer points, call 800-450-4442.
...to transfer my Marriott points into 10,000 SkyMiles, with 25% bonus, so receiving. 12,500 miles plus whatever is charged onto my DL AMEX...so maybe 15,000 total...not a bad amount for a single, extended stay. Beats the ~6000 I would have probably gotten otherwise through just accruing miles on the Marriott and AMEX account alone. Not to mention temporary elite status.

Thanks. Sorry, probably should have put this in another post based on all the dialogue. Never been elite in a hotel or airline program before.

Last edited by CaptKornDog; Nov 2, 2010 at 5:55 pm
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CaptKornDog
Well, I think I've sifted through the confusion...hopefully.

So my plan of attack is:

1) register for the Marriott/SkyMiles transfer promotion...done
2) contacted Marriott for status challenges (didn't realize that was a "thing" so thank you for the suggestion)...was granted conditional Gold status through Feb 2011, extended out to Feb 2012 if I stay 12 nights between 3 Nov and 1 Feb. Have about 10 more nights, so I'll need to muster up 2 more somewhere along the line. So I guess this means I will get a 25% point bonus now when I check out if I become "Quasi-gold" tomorrow. I should be able to break the 30,000 points level then I think.
3) select points on my Marriott profile for rewards...done
4) Call the number listed on the SkyMiles site, which appears to be the Marriott Rewards line:

...to transfer my Marriott points into 10,000 SkyMiles, with 25% bonus, so receiving. 12,500 miles plus whatever is charged onto my DL AMEX...so maybe 15,000 total...not a bad amount for a single, extended stay. Beats the ~6000 I would have probably gotten otherwise through just accruing miles on the Marriott and AMEX account alone. Not to mention temporary elite status.

Thanks. Sorry, probably should have put this in another post based on all the dialogue. Never been elite in a hotel or airline program before.
You GO kiddo!
Next goal, Gold/Plat on DL!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:21 pm

Slow travel year: I'll need 3,200 MQM just to get my GM back next year. I was thinking of taking a MR out of BNA to take advantage of the double MQM and get GM back, but I saw this at the bottom of the promo:

"MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6—8 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010)."

Does that mean the double MQM won't count as part of my 2010 MQM total even thought I completed the travel in 2010?

Oh, and if anyone knows of any really cheap MRs out of CVG or surrounding airports, let me know!

Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:52 am

MGM Bonus from RDU & PIT

I've taken two roundtrips from PIT on Delta and have received the bonus at the same time that the flights posted. I even got 1/2 of the total bonuses on the outbound legs before my return.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Anyone seen this yet? It's got its own thread in the Marriott forum and I didn't want to crosspost but the T & Cs are a little vague. I thought the details may be better fleshed out around here.

The holidays just got more festive.
Each time you fly Delta in conjunction with a Marriott stay between November 1, 2010 and January 31, 2011, you can earn 5,000 bonus miles

https://www.delta.com/pet/flyandstay/pet/main

I'm trying to figure out how tied the Delta flight/s are to the Marriott stay. Does one need to happen before the other? Is there only one Delta flight needed during the whole promo period to then receive 5k miles per Marriott stay? Will a Marriott stay happening prior to the Delta flight qualify for the 5k? Looks as though the bonuses are unlimited, right?

I'd love to move a bunch of stays to Marriott to earn Delta miles but only if the 5k bonus applies.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
f-boy
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:48 pm

I just got off the phone with Marriott. They don't even show the promo in their system yet, so they can't help. Called Delta and they couldn't answer my question. They show the promo, but the wording is confusing to them, so I don't trust their reply.

The question I asked:

1. Is this a one-to-one ratio, flight to stay, so if I fly out on Monday, have multiple stays during the week, then fly back on Friday, do I get credit and miles for the multiple stays, or only one?

She couldn't answer the question, but she keyed in on one word in the T&C - "International". So, she said, it looks like this is international only, so she said this had to include an international flight. I disagreed because the T&C list the hotel chains and TownPlace Suites are listed. Those are only in the US.

Seems like there is a lot of ambiguity right now with no one fully understanding the T&C.

So, anyone from Delta want to clarify: one flight to one hotel stay ratio or can we earn multiple 5k bonuses during a week; is this international only; why T&Cs can't be written in clear language so these types of questions don't come up?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
MQM Miles Posted within two days

Originally Posted by fleurya
Slow travel year: I'll need 3,200 MQM just to get my GM back next year. I was thinking of taking a MR out of BNA to take advantage of the double MQM and get GM back, but I saw this at the bottom of the promo:

"MQMs and bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6—8 weeks following the end of the promotion (December 31, 2010)."

Does that mean the double MQM won't count as part of my 2010 MQM total even thought I completed the travel in 2010?

Oh, and if anyone knows of any really cheap MRs out of CVG or surrounding airports, let me know!

Thanks.
Hi, I have taken a couple of trips out of BNA to get the bonus miles. They were credited to my account within two days of the flight. I was very pleased with how quick they were posted.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Slow travel year: I'll need 3,200 MQM just to get my GM back next year. I was thinking of taking a MR out of BNA to take advantage of the double MQM and get GM back...
It's been an extremely slow travel year for me - I still need 5K just to get back to FO for next year!

However I am going to Japan/Korea next month so that's a solid 15K right there...

I found a great MR out of Dayton last December... DAY-MSP-CMH-DTW-SEA-ATL-DAY for about $240 if I recall.

My best recommendation is to spend a lot of time in ITA's search engine!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by kcool
I just got off the phone with Marriott. They don't even show the promo in their system yet, so they can't help. Called Delta and they couldn't answer my question. They show the promo, but the wording is confusing to them, so I don't trust their reply.

The question I asked:

1. Is this a one-to-one ratio, flight to stay, so if I fly out on Monday, have multiple stays during the week, then fly back on Friday, do I get credit and miles for the multiple stays, or only one?

She couldn't answer the question, but she keyed in on one word in the T&C - "International". So, she said, it looks like this is international only, so she said this had to include an international flight. I disagreed because the T&C list the hotel chains and TownPlace Suites are listed. Those are only in the US.

Seems like there is a lot of ambiguity right now with no one fully understanding the T&C.

So, anyone from Delta want to clarify: one flight to one hotel stay ratio or can we earn multiple 5k bonuses during a week; is this international only; why T&Cs can't be written in clear language so these types of questions don't come up?
International is a part of the name "Marriott International, Inc." It has nothing to do US vs Europe or otherwise. The USA is part of Marriott International as well. Remember to Canada we are International as well as to any other country in the world.

The terms are very straight forward and understandable. The only thing left out of the T&C is if multiple seperate stays following a flight will be eligible. Example: I fly ATL to ORD, stay at the airport Marriott, move to the downtown Marriott, then drive to Peoria and stay at the Courtyard and then return. Will I get one bonus for the airport Marriott because it followed the flight or will I get 3 bonuses since three seperate stays followed the flight? Hmmmm, I hope the later.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
International is a part of the name "Marriott International, Inc." It has nothing to do US vs Europe or otherwise. The USA is part of Marriott International as well. Remember to Canada we are International as well as to any other country in the world.

The terms are very straight forward and understandable. The only thing left out of the T&C is if multiple seperate stays following a flight will be eligible. Example: I fly ATL to ORD, stay at the airport Marriott, move to the downtown Marriott, then drive to Peoria and stay at the Courtyard and then return. Will I get one bonus for the airport Marriott because it followed the flight or will I get 3 bonuses since three seperate stays followed the flight? Hmmmm, I hope the later.
Hmmmm, I see a problem here, is it one time, is it per flight, is it per round trip, is it per hotel stay, or can it be multiple bonuses for multiple stays if you fly just once, etc., etc? Oh, and also, do we have to reset our Marriott profiles to miles or what is the way that Marriott and Delta cross reference the hotel stays and flights for mileage earnings?

Last edited by USirritated; Nov 4, 2010 at 8:49 am Reason: added second sentence
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by USirritated
Hmmmm, I see a problem here, is it one time, is it per flight, is it per round trip, is it per hotel stay, or can it be multiple bonuses for multiple stays if you fly just once, etc., etc? Oh, and also, do we have to reset our Marriott profiles to miles or what is the way that Marriott and Delta cross reference the hotel stays and flights for mileage earnings?
This color is addressed in the post. That is my question as well. Only testing will determine.
This color is a yes you have to set to miles.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:57 pm

Have the bonus miles from the Bounce Back promotion posted for anyone yet?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHONORS GOLD
Originally Posted by mzkaiser
Have the bonus miles from the Bounce Back promotion posted for anyone yet?
I have not seen the miles for any of the accounts in my family. The promotion ended September 30th but I'm not sure what the T&C said. 4-6 weeks or 6-8 weeks. In the case of the former they should post any day now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.