Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Burj
For people in college, with children in college, or who work for colleges...the end of May is a little tricky because of graduation, end of semester exams, moving, etc...

In general the earlier in May the better...
Ditto.

Pending final dates, I'm in.

David
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Sadly, I missed the Delta DO last year when I was laid up at home for a couple of miserable weeks - oink, oink. (That's one vaccination that I won't have to worry about now ) Def count me in for this one.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL KM
I'll do whatever I can to rearrange my schedule to make the dates you pick.

Mrs. Easy Victor will be calling this: Airplane Camp 2, the sequel and my kids will be rolling their eyes....!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Wild horses...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by ADLFO
Wild horses...
NO NO NO NO NO! I had that song stuck in my head for DAYS...

ARGH! Too late you!! Thanks for nothing!

Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:24 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
I'm in, provided it's not overlapping 5/19-5/20 (that's Google I/O).
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Burj
For people in college, with children in college, or who work for colleges...the end of May is a little tricky because of graduation, end of semester exams, moving, etc...

In general the earlier in May the better...
There is a reason why May was selected.

That is the time of year when Delta Air Lines has its annual Block Party event at its world headquarters for its employees. I attended it back in 2007, and I had a good time. I believe that other FlyerTalk members will have a good time as well, with plenty of food, music and things to do.

However, the date in mid-May is not yet confirmed, so please stay tuned...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
There is a reason why May was selected.

That is the time of year when Delta Air Lines has its annual Block Party event at its world headquarters for its employees. I attended it back in 2007, and I had a good time. I believe that other FlyerTalk members will have a good time as well, with plenty of food, music and things to do.

However, the date in mid-May is not yet confirmed, so please stay tuned...
Fantastic
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:51 am

I am interested.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I am most interested and kicking myself for not going for it this year after seeing the photos. I had a coversation with a check flight instructor for another airline recently and he told me he can't even get his family in the simulator, that just reinforced what a great opportunity this is.

Is this going to be a 3 day Fri-Sun format or will the expanded schedule require an additional day? I need to know how many vacation days to set aside .
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
I am most interested and kicking myself for not going for it this year after seeing the photos. I had a coversation with a check flight instructor for another airline recently and he told me he can't even get his family in the simulator, that just reinforced what a great opportunity this is.

Is this going to be a 3 day Fri-Sun format or will the expanded schedule require an additional day? I need to know how many vacation days to set aside .
Last year the DO was on a Thursday-Saturday, with people flying home Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
Last year the DO was on a Thursday-Saturday, with people flying home Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Or Sunday night
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I am VERY interested in doing this DO again!

Oh yes... as I recall, Sunday night at the ATL airport. Six to eight of us getting airport pass.

Very good dinner and company at the Sushi place @ T-E. ^
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
For those with TSA knowledge, is tar considered a liquid? I'd hate to have to check it in. The feathers are fine, I know.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by BondAir007
I am VERY interested in doing this DO again!

Oh yes... as I recall, Sunday night at the ATL airport. Six to eight of us getting airport pass.

Very good dinner and company at the Sushi place @ T-E. ^
Maybe we can talk DL into giving Medallions BOGO coupons again at One Flew South

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.