Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certain look required for first class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:34 am

+1,000,000

Originally Posted by jeff30189
Which reminds me, do your fellow passengers a favor and have the courtesy of wearing clean socks if you want to take your shoes off.

For all you barefooters and sandal people, your dogs arent as fresh as you think they are.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by jeff30189
I dont care how someone dresses or looks in the F cabin, as long as they are clean and dont stink. Which reminds me, do your fellow passengers a favor and have the courtesy of wearing clean socks if you want to take your shoes off.

For all you barefooters and sandal people, your dogs arent as fresh as you think they are.
Oh yes, and one more to add to this. The bulkhead is NOT your personal footrest. This past Sunday while sitting back in the exit row, I look up to see the passenger in 1D with his sock feet propped up against the bulkhead at about seatback height (high enough that I could see them from that far back). I mean seriously? People, have a little since of common courtesy to your neighbors.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by Moebius01
Oh yes, and one more to add to this. The bulkhead is NOT your personal footrest. This past Sunday while sitting back in the exit row, I look up to see the passenger in 1D with his sock feet propped up against the bulkhead at about seatback height (high enough that I could see them from that far back). I mean seriously? People, have a little since of common courtesy to your neighbors.

It goes the same for bare feet on the bulk head wall. I don't want to look at your nasty bare feet. As an old x-ray tech who has x-rayed thosands of feet, those are the one area of the body I detest the most. UGLY UGLY UGLY.

A few times when I've walked passed people with their feet on the bulkhead wall I've asked them if they walk on their walls at home. Usually that gets them to put their feet down.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect we're talking about the same guy, so maybe your most recent experiences should give me some hope.
Was the person you refer to an older or mid-aged? I have heard stories about an older person, the one in the example was mid-aged.
-H
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by majortom546
Hey don't bash Gold Medallions! I am one and I don't have that kind of attitude.
It wasn't a comment to all GE/GM's, I was one for several years. I was just pointing out that my experience is that GE/GM's have been the nastiest to me, likely because they didn't get their F seat and felt like they should have. Don't worry, PM's can be absolute snobs too. I once say a woman push her way to the front of the security line (the FC, PE/GE line that is), and when the security person told her to get back in line, she protested saying, "well I'm a platinum and platinum's should get to the front." The guy next to me replied with a great response, "lady, we're all platinum now get in the back and wait your turn."

I agree with the barefeet, but don't think socks is that bad. I've done it before, and don't mind others doing it with socks or shoes. Afterall, you're sitting bulkhead.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I agree with the barefeet, but don't think socks is that bad. I've done it before, and don't mind others doing it with socks or shoes. Afterall, you're sitting bulkhead.
Trick is, many people don't notice their own foot odor, while it may be pretty strong to someone else. So quite frankly, if I'm walking up to the lavoratory, I don't really want to look at or smell someone's feet, socks or not, at my chest level (and many folks' eye level).
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by naijaman
LoL!!! Thank God, online check-in cant judge based on any of the above.....if not, I will be sent to the back of the plane based on age....lmao

I will like to suggest that Delta upgrade female passengers before male passengers...hehehehehehehhe.....women are more deserving.....

Where are those angry male passengers that dont agree with my proposal????
If they upgraded attractive females first I might be more incented to pay for F
Or maybe DL already does this. La Boocha gets upgraded before me almost everytime.

Last edited by El Boocho; Nov 3, 2009 at 1:49 pm
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SamOF
Interesting—I look like I might have just hopped off a coach class from AMS, FRA, CDG, or FCO. Despite the fact that DTW has more flights to those destinations than they do to asia, I've never been asked if I speak English there.

I wonder why that would be?
Maybe because the percentage of white people in that situation who don't know English is far, far lower than the percentage of Asian people in that situation who don't know English?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
If they upgraded attractive females first I might be more incented to pay for F
Decline the upgrade and take the exit row. Still get good leg room and the odds of sitting next to the opposite gender increase dramatically.

You can double your odds by taking the middle seat of the exit row.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by raehl311
Decline the upgrade and take the exit row. Still get good leg room and the odds of sitting next to the opposite gender increase dramatically.

You can double your odds by taking the middle seat of the exit row.
Yeah, but then I just have two ticked off people sitting on either side of me, since my shoulders are wider than the seats (I'm not fat, I'm big boned!).
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

I was on a MSP/SFO flight earlier this year with an older gentleman FA - maybe somebody else will know of him. I was in row 1 with my feet with socks on the carpeted bulkhead. The FA told the guy on the other side of the aisle from me to take his feet off the wall - he had his shoes on - and said something like - Would you do this at home? I was prepared to be scolded, too, but my neighbor, who also had his stockinged feet on the wall and I weren't told about it, so I guess for him, socks = OK - - shoes = NOT OK!

On a side note, when I tell this story, I have typically called this FA the old mother hen FA. When he was serving the hot breakfast, he was offering people packets of jellies and sauces that he brought from home. Every time he gave somebody a diet soft drink, he warned them to be careful as diet drinks always foam up and not to pour the can too fast! Just to say that I'm not bashing this FA!! Just telling a story!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
The only bad FA I can ever think of was a DCA > JFK flight.

I was in first and the FA was the one in coach, but she was standing in first talking to the other FA and kept saying she was staying up there because she didn't want to help put bags in the overhead bin. When she went to the back you can hear her telling someone she has back issues and doesn't get paid to put bags in the bin.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Interesting - I've found lately that folks travelling in First Class in a 3-cabin aircraft - not domestic First (aka Business) - are often dressed most casually of all. Dressed like I do for comfort - or given PJs/flight clothes by the airline to maximize comfort. I guess this is mostly just a domestic issue!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Am I supposed to look old and white to fly first?
I'm in my 40s. I was going to SFO last Friday and I was the youngest person in F. There were a bunch of retirees in golf shirts and well-coiffed ladies my mother's age. That's more like a Florida FC experience. Most of the time I'm the only woman in F or one of the few women.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I know my 7 year old daughter was looked at twice a few weeks ago, but for the most part no one notices them. I doubt my kids look the part at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.