Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certain look required for first class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
your assumption that it was white is not appropriate.
Now that's hilarious! You just made my day. What color was it?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
lol I was hoping people would take it as a joke and not thinking I was serious.

It was a grey one and if I am not mistaken had paint stains on it.

I assume all t-shirts like that are called wife beaters correct?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

lol I was hoping people would take it as a joke and not thinking I was serious.

It was a grey one and if I am not mistaken had paint stains on it.

I assume all t-shirts like that are called wife beaters correct?
For the most part yes (at least in the south). Growing up in NYC, I never heard the term, and in Jamaica we call them Vests. Since I moved to Tampa, I have heard the term "Wife Beater" used extensively. I for one know you meant nothing by it ^

Last edited by Denolloyd; Nov 7, 2009 at 8:39 am
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:40 am
Original Poster

I live in NYC and I always heard them called Wife Beaters. Now I hear people say "You've got Chris Brown on"
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: Starwood
do they really say that??

I live in NYC and I always heard them called Wife Beaters. Now I hear people say "You've got Chris Brown on"
hahahhaha.....that was funny....
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by macoz
Always mention your status in the boarding line to surrounding pax and to the gate agent. Flash your Delta Sky Club card...thrice. Speak loudly into your cell phone when boarding...high dollar real estate deals, board meetings, VIP level stuff is most effective. Bring LOTS of carry-on. VIPs cannot be bothered with bag claim detritus...more impact if you have extra bags strapped together with leather belts. FC is for high rollers, and you must convey such.
So that's what I've been doing wrong...
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by troyintn
I know my 7 year old daughter was looked at twice a few weeks ago, but for the most part no one notices them. I doubt my kids look the part at all.
All of my kids have traveled extensively, and know how not to stick out in even the most formal of circumstances, including knowing how to comport themselves on a flight. When they are traveling with me, they often get upgraded to F on domestic segments. My older son loves it. My older daughter, unfortunately, always DREADS flying First, believe it or not - because she is at an age where she is extremely sensitive to those "well-aren't-you-a-spoiled-brat" glares she inevitably gets from passengers on their way back to Economy.

Personally, I wouldn't let it bother me - I am not all that concerned about what others think. But to an adolescent apparently that is mortifying, and much worse than being stuck in the middle seat in the last row.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

So Delta just replied. They did not answer the question as to if there is a Dress Code for first. But they gave me 4,000 miles. Which I really don't care for as what I would really like is for no one to have to go through with that. I mean regardless of your race or what you wear I think everyone should be treated equally.

But this is what the email read
===
Dear Mr. HWGeeks,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your recent experience while traveling with us. On behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I apologize for your disappointment regarding the service you received from one of our representative at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

We appreciate your comments regarding the unsatisfactory customer service you encountered. After reading your remarks, I certainly understand why you wanted to bring this matter to our attention. I understand how frustrating it would have been when you were at the counter. I am truly sorry you did not receive the service you expected and should have received, as we expect our employees to be helpful and professional at all times. Please know I will be sharing your comments with our Airport Customer Service leadership team for internal follow up.

As a gesture of goodwill, I have added 4,000 bonus miles to your SkyMiles account. Please allow 3 business days for the miles to be added.

Mr. Reyes, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and I am confident, in future Delta will not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.