Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta now running Harvard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
From the NYT:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Gone are the hot breakfasts in most dorms and the pastries at Widener Library.

By Harvard standards, these are hard times. Not Dickensian hard times, but with the value of its endowment down by almost 30 percent, the world’s richest university is learning to live with less.

But many here assumed student life at Harvard, more than at any other institution, was immune from hardship. The loss of scrambled eggs, bacon and other cooked breakfast foods in the dorms of upperclassmen on weekdays seems to have stirred the most ire.

I miss my NW omelette...
A pity. What a waste of some keystrokes.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
BlissWorld, I will took your advice. Since Delta poached and toasted NW, I scrambled over to AA.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by tonypct
A pity. What a waste of some keystrokes.
Oh I don't know ... I have found the whole thread rather eggshilarating.

Last edited by GTITAN; Oct 9, 2009 at 1:50 pm Reason: Wanted to be a good egg about things ...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Why would you want to eat fake eggs anyway?

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Finally, something really eggciting on the DL forum!

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
LOL I could careless what you think about Delta.
LOL. The phrase you meant to say is that you couldn't care less what I think about Delta.

But really, you must. Otherwise you would not have implored everyone to stop the DL bashing and for moderators to lock the thread.

I go to forums to learn info and promos about a particular hotel or airline. For the most part, most forums are extremely helpful. Just take a look at the front page of the Delta forum and count how many threads there are currently bashing DL. There is NOTHING informative or useful about these threads.
So what. Then don't read them. Wait until a thread comes up that suits your fancy. Just as you think moderators should lock threads like this and the people who "bash" DL should go to CO, I think you should just save your time and don't even bother posting. Move on to a different thread.

If you are not happy, do something about it. Complaining 24/7 won't solve your problem.
I have, as have many others, apparently. I am now flying AA and some UA, and a remaining amount of NW/DL previously ticketed itineraries and of course trying to use my miles at a reasonable rate (but DL is making that difficult).

But all of that doesn't mean we can't voice our displeasure. There are posts in this forum that make DL look like God's gift to mankind. Why aren't you asking mods to correct those posts as well, since they're equally pointless in the grand scheme of "learn[ing] info and promos about a particular hotel or airline"?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I'm surprised Dovster hasn't weighed in on how much better Princeton is, and how they'll status-match you if you show a Harvard library card.
Prevarications! (For those of you who attended Harvard that word means "lies".)

Princeton's match program is restricted to full professors at Harvard who, upon providing written proof of their status, are automatically entitled to be enrolled in Princeton's freshman class.

(It is a controversial program at best, as fully 60% of those accepted under it flunked out after the first semester.)
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I think maybe us Delta North elites should just learn form the old Delta elites...lower your eggpectation, then we'll be happier with Delta.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
...Just take a look at the front page of the Delta forum and count how many threads there are currently bashing DL. ...
Maybe because Delta deserves the bashing for many of its recent changes - and since many Delta regulars have been through this "screw-the-customer-until-we-parade-down-5th Ave-with-a-giant-mobile-poster" process before, this whole routine is familiar to many here.

Any airline that could take NW's domestic operations and product and then make NW's customers unhappy about the changes it implemented to said product deserves it share of scorn and ridicule.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
So when we hear news reports that the Air Force has scrambled their jets, does that mean they are training future DL crew?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by WBurcham
[SIZE=1]had an eggcelent laugh while enjoying this though.
Did it make you "crack" up?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
LOL I could careless what you think about Delta.

I go to forums to learn info and promos about a particular hotel or airline. For the most part, most forums are extremely helpful. Just take a look at the front page of the Delta forum and count how many threads there are currently bashing DL. There is NOTHING informative or useful about these threads.

If you are not happy, do something about it. Complaining 24/7 won't solve your problem.

p.s. Good luck finding a new home. Since you didn't like my suggestion of going to Continental, perhaps Southwest would be a good fit.
You really don't want me to eggspose all that I know do you?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:01 pm

No Delta would require one to be Super-Duper-Diamond to get free breakfast.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:07 pm
Suspended

New Offer from Delta and American Express

Get the New Delta/Harvard co-branded MBA Miles Card and get an Honorary Degree for every $25,000 you spend. Spend $100,000 over six months and get and honorary Doctorate and access to Sky Clubs for one-year.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Get the New Delta/Harvard co-branded MBA Miles Card and get an Honorary Degree for every $25,000 you spend. Spend $100,000 over six months and get and honorary Doctorate and access to Sky Clubs for one-year.
As someone that collects degrees and would go to school forever if I was paid, I'd go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.