Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So, How About that "Best In Class" WorldPerks Loyalty Platform?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, How About that "Best In Class" WorldPerks Loyalty Platform?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 2:08 pm

As for entering the last name, try Roboform.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:53 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by raehl311
Wait, why are people mad about having to enter their last names?

*NOT* entering last names is a CRITICAL SECURITY ISSUE!

It's not that the new way is screwing you over, it's that the old way was horrid!

Requiring you to enter your last name (only once if you save it in a cookie) prevents someone from rolling through Skymiles numbers (which are somewhat predictable) and trying PINs; i.e., trying every Skymiles number with a PIN of 1234 and seeing who they get.

Serves a good security purpose WITHOUT forcing you to remember a new or full password (assuming, of course, you can remember your own last name.)

This is a bona-fide IMPROVEMENT over the previous system, not a loss.

Personally, I logged in with my Skymiles number and everything appears in good shape - all miles merged, NW Plat status now reflected on DL number, and my NW BIS miles even rolled over into DL Million Miler status miles.

Now I'm obvously no DL apologist, but seems things are going pretty well with the integration so far (even if there have been some transient issues for others - if they get fixed in a day or less, I'd call that a success for a rollout of this scale.)
So far everything that effects me from the NW Merger SUCKS. First I have to take out my ID Again to get into what used to be a CRC where all I had to do was show a boarding pass.

Now I have to type in my last name. UGH!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:56 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nfg05
As for entering the last name, try Roboform.
Actually if I check the box to remember my skymiles number it's remembering my Last name - of course I didn't mind typing my skymiles # before, but now that plus my last name is too much!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
If you use FireFox, you only need to do that once. Thereafter, you just need the first letter.

Unless, that is, you actually had trouble remembering your name, in which case you'll have to choose between those mistakes every time.

The only FF numbers I ever memorized were our WP numbers. For WN, DL & CO I just enter the 1st char of the # & the 1st char of our last name & Firefox suggests the rest. Occasionally I log on to the wrong account, in which case I take note of the final digits and be sure to log on to the other account next time.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 7:42 pm

Ok...So after 2 days of unltd OT...I have probably spoken to many of you..so be nice when you call! ...The transition is actually going fairly smoothly...some temporary downtime as a new batch is transferred...But we can see all of your activity on the NW and the DL systems....SM has changed behind the scenes...the Wperks Member who have never had a SM acct seem to be the first processed...I linked my 2 accts months ago and now can pull my info using either nbr...My miles are still in the NW side but hey...at least they are still there!!...I would expect alot of things to get hammered out over the next few days...I know EVERYONE is on OT trying to make sure this goes smoothly.....
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
My Account Looks Fine

My NW miles were transferred over to my small SM account (linked) and combined to show an accurate total. One new thing for this former NW PE - I like the ability to see my Million Miler total. ^ Good job from my perspective!
Old Oct 2, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
IMHO, so far Delta has done an outstanding job merging the airlines. Once the merger is complete, it will undoubtedly be regarded as by far and away the best manged airline merger in history.
Yes, agreed 100%. The merger is going very well -- of course we can always find things to pick about, but give credit where it is due. It's a massive undertaking (personnel, training, legal, reservations, FAA stuff, route adjustments and pampering all of us cranky FFs.) But more has gone well than not.

Kudos to IT people. My accounts, balances, etc. linked up just fine (feeling a bit guilty) and I'm hopeful those experiencing troubles will soon have things fixed.

And yes, now it's great to see the million miler total there, something we didn't have previously on NW.

Nice job, folks.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by jimrpa
.....All this and no more immediate posting of miles.
This is annoying. For the last 12 years, I've been used to seeing my flights post immediately now I have to wait for a day or two before they post. Progress?

Originally Posted by Evan!
..... Your browser does. When you asked to have delta.com remember you account# they set it as a persistent cookie on you local system. !
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
If you use FireFox, you only need to do that once. Thereafter, you just need the first letter.
Browsers and cookies are fine for those who only use one computer. I use my work laptop, home laptop, client's machines, co-worker's laptops (on occasion) and hotel computers. I prefer to store my data only in my home laptop.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fti
At least DL is making FT'ers "equal opportunity complainers." I too can't understand how people can complain about relatively trivial things like having to type in their name but not about how elite benefits are slashed left and right.
Credit for me learning about "delta.dumb" goes to a post complaining about criticisms of DL SkyMiles.

Speaking of "delta.dumb" -- the DL website -- the requirement to type the name on top of the usual account number+pin is annoying; it's also an annoying import from NWA.com. For a sign of how dumb "delta.dumb" can be this weekend, I'll mention that it cannot even remember many customers' email addresses no matter how many times provided then and before by those customers.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdnyc
Yes, agreed 100%. The merger is going very well -- of course we can always find things to pick about, but give credit where it is due. It's a massive undertaking (personnel, training, legal, reservations, FAA stuff, route adjustments and pampering all of us cranky FFs.) But more has gone well than not.

Kudos to IT people. My accounts, balances, etc. linked up just fine (feeling a bit guilty) and I'm hopeful those experiencing troubles will soon have things fixed.

And yes, now it's great to see the million miler total there, something we didn't have previously on NW.

Nice job, folks.
Mine did, plus I was upgraded early. then I was donw graded the following day and today I am like a lot of others wiht no history. The person I called was able to force the upgrade. It now shows as a G fare not sure what that is though.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jfulcher
So far everything that effects me from the NW Merger SUCKS.
Don't get me started. The merger sucks WAY MORE for the WP elites than SM medallions. You guys are getting an upgrade from borrowing some of NW's better system (eg. online elite upgrade and standby list) and all we got were deminishing perks.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by troyintn
Mine did, plus I was upgraded early. then I was donw graded the following day and today I am like a lot of others wiht no history. The person I called was able to force the upgrade. It now shows as a G fare not sure what that is though.
G is the upgrade fare code for domestic flights using miles or PMUs as the upgrave instrument. V is domestic complimentary upgrade. Z is international upgrade by miles or PMU.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:32 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
As a software engineer aka programmer, I really can't laugh much. I don't envy the task of combining 10's of millions of accounts and (hopefully) not overlooking anything.

But yeah, it is kind of ironic ...
I have no idea what the error rate was in merging/migrating the accounts. I work in software development too and as I told a coworker last year: "10% of a big number is still a big number."

Even if the developers got things 99% right, that 1% error will still be pretty noticeable especially with a community like FT.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:07 pm

Logged in just now, everything looks ok.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:47 am

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
I can't imagine anyone doing a better job of intergration than the one going on right now. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.