Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So, How About that "Best In Class" WorldPerks Loyalty Platform?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, How About that "Best In Class" WorldPerks Loyalty Platform?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Thumbs down So, How About that "Best In Class" WorldPerks Loyalty Platform?

I absolutely can't believe how horribly restricted my life was with the primitive, old SkyMiles loyalty software!

Today, I go to log into my SkyMiles account, and after three tries, I discover that, with this new "best in class" system, I now have to enter my last name, not just my SkyMiles number and PIN. Then after several attempts to log in, I finally get in to discover that I have zero miles, zero mqms, negative one mqs's (gee, how did I fly a negative flight), and zero lifetime mqms. I also no longer have any account history. I guess I just imagined all those flights I've taken this year.

So, I go to call SMS. Enter my SkyMiles number and PIN and, after the annoying question about whether I want to be surveyed, I get dumped to a fast-busy and the call drops. I try this three times. Finally, I give up and call general reservations and don't enter any information. The guy who answers the phone (very quickly, and a very nice guy by the way), takes literally, about 5 minutes to pull up my account after I explain what I was seeing and give him my SkyMiles number. He then explains that, because they've cut over to the NorthWest systems today, everything has changed. He explained that the way that they (presumably the phone reps) pull up information is completely different, and they've had a lot of WorldPerks members who've had problems. I remind him that I'm a SkyMiles member and have never had anything to do with WorldPerks. He then apologized and said that SkyMiles members had also been having difficulties all day. He closed by asking me to be patient with the new systems and give them a few days to "work it out".

All this and no more immediate posting of miles. This is not a very auspicious start.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:08 pm

Sounds like a parting gift from WorldPerks.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
The platform worked well for us. So sorry Delta took over.

Let me put it a different way. "No, your program doesn't work. My program worked when I gave it to you."

Take it up with Mother Delta. Snide remarks about WP are misplaced at this point.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Take it up with Mother Delta. Snide remarks about WP are misplaced at this point.
But only if they are snide remarks about NW... snide remarks about DL are ^
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WBurcham
But only if they are snide remarks about NW... snide remarks about DL are ^
If you choose to make them, there is only Delta SkyMiles to be held accountable.

Of course, you could just avoid the snide remarks, bu that might be too much to ask for.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:31 pm

Of course, you could just avoid the snide remarks, bu that might be too much to ask for.
+1....and maybe have a little patience. why not wait a day and see it your account clears up instead of getting bent out of shape, wasting time and energy in calling here and there because it's not fixed right NOW.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL Kettle
Easy there! The integration is happening in "early October", according to all previous communication. I'm amazed at the people that woke up this morning and expected everything to be finished.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Airtran Elite, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle, SPG PLAT; Hilton Gold
mikempls - - this is sooo classic - - I love the fact they are using "our" system ha ha it was best in class when we turned it over to them in the ATL - perhaps a little too much fried food and the chemicals from the diet "coke"....
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:48 pm

Interesting advice....
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtrout
mikempls - - this is sooo classic - - I love the fact they are using "our" system ha ha it was best in class when we turned it over to them in the ATL - perhaps a little too much fried food and the chemicals from the diet "coke"....
As a software engineer aka programmer, I really can't laugh much. I don't envy the task of combining 10's of millions of accounts and (hopefully) not overlooking anything.

But yeah, it is kind of ironic ...
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by ExitRowSeating
Easy there! The integration is happening in "early October", according to all previous communication. I'm amazed at the people that woke up this morning and expected everything to be finished.
Amen! This was a pretty large scale conversion. DL sent us all emails in regards to issues we may face in after the conversion. All should just be patient. It's day 0. Sheesh...
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowSeating
^

Nothing else to say, ERS did it for me.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:02 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jtrout
Must be a union-biased app. Requires Union employees to run it. Lots of them.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
+1....and maybe have a little patience. why not wait a day and see it your account clears up instead of getting bent out of shape, wasting time and energy in calling here and there because it's not fixed right NOW.
At the risk of upsetting the OP further, I must agree that patience would be better than leaping at the earliest opportunity to complain about the merged system. A delay of a few days is reasonable for an IT project of this scale. For what it's worth, I too logged in bright and early to see if anything had changed in my account. Miles all there, itineraries all there.

That the Delta site no longer caches our PIN numbers is good for security. As someone who has forgotten his PIN repeatedly over years, having to re-enter it every visit is a minor nuisance that will ensure I never forget it again.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfulcher
Must be a union-biased app. Requires Union employees to run it. Lots of them.
Non-union electrons are more disorderly. They don't know what their task is & exactly where to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.