Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How & how long until to combine accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat

How are we or when are we supposed to combine our Delta Miles with our WP miles? Wanted to keep as close to my original WP # so I didn't merge my account with the orphan SM account. Got my new SM#. It's close but what do I do with the orphan Delta accounts with miles in them? Lose the miles? Have to take that #? Just need to fix it for a few months until I blow thru the miles and start flying CO.
And what about a rougue WP account with 5000 miles in it? I'm sure it has a SM# now too? Can it be combined? All the same addresses I think.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:08 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by mscoachung
How are we or when are we supposed to combine our Delta Miles with our WP miles? Wanted to keep as close to my original WP # so I didn't merge my account with the orphan SM account. Got my new SM#. It's close but what do I do with the orphan Delta accounts with miles in them? Lose the miles? Have to take that #? Just need to fix it for a few months until I blow thru the miles and start flying CO.
And what about a rougue WP account with 5000 miles in it? I'm sure it has a SM# now too? Can it be combined? All the same addresses I think.
I have a linked WP and SM account and they weren't combined so good luck!

Seriously, there will be a function online that will allow you to combine/consolidate accounts (kind of like the linking WP/SM but it will be SM/SM). Bob mentioned this last Saturday at the NW DO but didn't say when it will be functional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.