Wiki Posts
Search

Here you go Delta, my complaints!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike101
LOL funny way to put that.

I guess 'forced' is not the perfect word here, but at least Hilton, who also has an American Express card offers a visa alternative with Citi, while Delta JUST PLAIN DOES NOT CARE! As you said. I'm so disappointed that my old airline is gone.
Actually, I have been quite happy with my old Worldperks card, now known as Flexperks, the award availability is much better (in fact I can book on ANY airline) and I collect FF miles on award flights. Thanks Delta! I never would have gotten this card without their Amex "deal."
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Actually, I have been quite happy with my old Worldperks card, now known as Flexperks, the award availability is much better (in fact I can book on ANY airline) and I collect FF miles on award flights. Thanks Delta! I never would have gotten this card without their Amex "deal."
LOL yeah, exactly, if US Bank became the provider of Delta we would have never gotten the Flex Perks. And you can +1 me with your views on the Flex Perks as well. 20K for a round trip, or 40K for a trip to Europe on any airline and I get to earn miles too, now can Amex match that in the long run (after their 100% promotion ends, and 95 ++ annual fees kick in)?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:24 pm
Suspended

You said it, I've met a number of zombies aka Delta loyalists in the Delta forum that will defend their beloved airline to the last detail. I guess when we desert them and Delta goes bankrupt they will see our point and realize that Delta's Southeastern US centric rules/programs etc aren't "global" at all.
On every aviation forum there is always a ton of DL apologists. Why? I have no idea. They are in no way shape or form above any of the other legacies, IMHO. Airliners.net should be renamed Delta.net since you can't go a second without seeing a pro-DL, anti everyone else thread (usually UA). And if you say anything bad about big bad Delta, you'll get easily 15 or more members tearing you to shreads. And then they say DL has it unfair over there! It's that type of blind loyality that has put a bunch of disgust in my mouth for this airline. Every NWA plane I see repainted makes me tear up.

Just remember though:

*They're not MD-80's, they're MD-88's.
*The 77L is the greatest invention on Earth and should be respected as sacred.
*It's Delta Air Lines, not Airlines. Remember, Delta has their own grammar, too.

Last edited by UAL awesome; Sep 29, 2009 at 10:29 pm
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAL awesome
On every aviation forum there is always a ton of DL apologists. Why? I have no idea. They are in no way shape or form above any of the other legacies, IMHO. Airliners.net should be renamed Delta.net since you can't go a second without seeing a pro-DL, anti everyone else thread (usually UA). And if you say anything bad about big bad Delta, you'll get easily 15 or more members tearing you to shreads. And then they say DL has it unfair over there! It's that type of blind loyality that has put a bunch of disgust in my mouth for this airline. Every NWA plane I see repainted makes me tear up.

Just remember though:

*They're not MD-80's, they're MD-88's.
*The 77L is the greatest invention on Earth and should be respected as sacred.
*It's Delta Air Lines, not Airlines. Remember, Delta has their own grammar, too.
Thanks for these pointers. We also need to start working on those pro-Delta salutes, still practicing that in case the system/forum is as repressive as we believe
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Thanks for these pointers. We also need to start working on those pro-Delta salutes, still practicing that in case the system/forum is as repressive as we believe
I think at some point people will have to start taking the monthly pilgrimage to the holy land Atlanta while using peanuts and a widget to scare away those evil demons (other airlines)
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:07 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Remember, Delta has their own grammar, too.
Yeah, like

D U L L T A...putting the worst in Northworst!

There's a reason why it's illegal for cousins to marry.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
It's not a widget. It's biscoff.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:13 am
Original Poster

I think at some point people will have to start taking the monthly pilgrimage to the holy land Atlanta while using peanuts and a widget to scare away those evil demons (other airlines)

LMAO!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
Yeah, like

D U L L T A...putting the worst in Northworst!

There's a reason why it's illegal for cousins to marry.
It is fun coming up with the deogatory names for the airlines

US Scareways
Northworst
Americant
Untied
Dullta.
Cu*tinental

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.