Here you go Delta, my complaints!!!

Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Here you go Delta, my complaints!!!

http://www.delta.com/emailus/servlet/EmailUs?cmd=go

I think now is the best time to let Delta now how unhappy we (former NWA customers) are with how they are practically making it more expensive and less rewarding for us to travel (in a nutshell).. from inflated miles, to having less SWUs, to charging more miles for award tickets originating outside the US, to forcing us to use AMEX, to not crediting 100% of the miles on SkyTeam partners to include KLM, to degraded SkyClubs, to just about everything... is Delta doing anything right?? I really want to know if anyone thinks that because I certainly don't and I will continue to let them know until my PE expires in 2011 and I have burned off all these now worthless miles I have accumulated over the years.

Last edited by mike101; Sep 29, 2009 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Most of us have come to the conclusion that DL doesn't care, and we have in turn voted with our wallets.

I got a status match on United, and have moved most of my business there.

Safe travels.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKEbound
Most of us have come to the conclusion that DL doesn't care, and we have in turn voted with our wallets.

I got a status match on United, and have moved most of my business there.

Safe travels.
Thanks for bringing this up. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by mike101
I think now is the best time to let Delta now how unhappy we (former NWA customers) are with how they are practically making it more expensive and less rewarding for us to travel (in a nutshell).. from inflated miles, to having less SWUs, to charging more miles for award tickets originating outside the US, to forcing us to use AMEX, to not crediting 100% of the miles on SkyTeam partners to include KLM, to just about everything...
Nobody's being "forced to use Amex" -- I want the DL Amex about as much as I want swine flu. Nobody's being forced to do anything with Delta at all. I'm shifting to *A and I have < 3k EQMs with NW this year because I'm building towards Plat on CO instead. I have no interest in The New Delta. I don't think there's any point in telling DL how unhappy we are... I don't think they care in the slightest. I have about 60k stray NW miles left, which will probably be worth about two drink chits, and no plans to accumulate any more.

Remember, in any relationship, the party that cares less has more power. DL doesn't care about old NW loyalists that much, so the proper response is for you / us to care even less. I've fired DL as my air travel provider.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
I've fired DL as my air travel provider.

LOL funny way to put that.

I guess 'forced' is not the perfect word here, but at least Hilton, who also has an American Express card offers a visa alternative with Citi, while Delta JUST PLAIN DOES NOT CARE! As you said. I'm so disappointed that my old airline is gone.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:47 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
mmmm not really, it's just more financially viable (to the tune of $1 BN) for them to only offer AMEX products. Money talks...

... while Delta JUST PLAIN DOES NOT CARE!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by thezipper
mmmm not really, it's just more financially viable (to the tune of $1 BN) for them to only offer AMEX products. Money talks...
thezipper is correct. It all is about money. Until we the flyer cost DL $1B they will not care.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thezipper
Well, maybe Amex and Delta will go downhill together and finance each other as all their customers desert them one by one. I wonder how many customers need to desert this Delta/Amex partnership for their CEOs to wake up.. or will they never wake up and the company(ies) would just go bankrupt? I really wonder, let's just wait and see.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:13 am

Well, maybe Amex and Delta will go downhill together and finance each other as all their customers desert them one by one. I wonder how many customers need to desert this Delta/Amex partnership for their CEOs to wake up.. or will they never wake up and the company(ies) would just go bankrupt? I really wonder, let's just wait and see.
I actually like AMEX. They have been good to me and defended me against slimy merchants and Visa would not.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnewman
I actually like AMEX. They have been good to me and defended me against slimy merchants and Visa would not.
Amex isn't all that bad. There are some perks to being an Amex card holder. But IMO there are also many other nightmares. One of them of course is using it, given that tons of merchants don't accept the card (due to insane fees), another nightmare is how they are infamous for just slashing customer credit limits with little or no notice whatsoever, and how they have the nerve to ask numerous customers to provide W2's, Bank Statements, or risk having their CC's closed etc etc..

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/fin...g-customer.php
http://forums.dealnews.com/read.php?6,2810411
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=22215
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:28 am

Amex isn't all that bad. There are some perks to being an Amex card holder. But IMO there are also many other nightmares. One of them of course is using it, given that tons of merchants don't accept the card (due to insane fees), another nightmare is how they are infamous for just slashing customer credit limits with little or no notice whatsoever, and how they have the nerve to ask numerous customers to provide W2's, Bank Statements, or risk having their CC's closed etc etc.. unlike Visa that a far as I know will never do that.

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/fin...g-customer.php
http://forums.dealnews.com/read.php?6,2810411
http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=22215
100% correct on all points. I got into AMEX over 25+ years ago and they just do not bug me any more. I missed 1 payment back in the 80x (my bad) as I zoned on a date. Back in the late 90s I had to charge 4 WBC tickets on my account at $8K each and they bumped my credit up that day. The world has changed but thankfully AMEX treats me the same as before. I am likely the exception.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I used Amex before DL and will likely to continue to use them after DL. I have a Visa for backup, but I have not had to use it in ages.

I would vote with my wallet, but options for my flight dollar are limited - NW/DL is usually the cheapest fare for my travel, especially when you factor in bag fees on the discount carriers where I wouldn't get enough travel on any of them to get elite there anyway.

BUT... looks like EAU is going from DL via Mesaba to MSP to United via Skywest to ORD, so that may open up a switch, or I might just go with a split between DL and United based on which fare is cheaper that day.

All those rollover miles will make it easy to give UA a whirl and still come back if I want without any hit on status.

Where DL is going to lose my money is no more Skyclub membership when that expires, no more preference for booking my staff on NW/DL, and likely no more money from my Amex card (switch back to cash back or member rewards).
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman
100% correct on all points. I got into AMEX over 25+ years ago and they just do not bug me any more. I missed 1 payment back in the 80x (my bad) as I zoned on a date. Back in the late 90s I had to charge 4 WBC tickets on my account at $8K each and they bumped my credit up that day. The world has changed but thankfully AMEX treats me the same as before. I am likely the exception.
No, I don't think you're the exception. I think some people have wayyyyy too many credit cards. AMEX has never bothered me either. I've had credit cards with them off and on since the 80's, including the past 10 years or so. They have always provided me with excellent customer service, including a couple of extended warranty claims. Of course, I've never applied for, nor wanted, multiple cards, multiple sign-on bonuses, etc.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
No, I don't think you're the exception. I think some people have wayyyyy too many credit cards. AMEX has never bothered me either. I've had credit cards with them off and on since the 80's, including the past 10 years or so. They have always provided me with excellent customer service, including a couple of extended warranty claims. Of course, I've never applied for, nor wanted, multiple cards, multiple sign-on bonuses, etc.
The problem is that Amex can weed out even some of it's best customers (see links above and feel free to search on customer input regarding Amex). They have unique rules which merchants and customers dislike which in turn prevents them from seriously competing with Visa/MC.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
http://www.delta.com/emailus/servlet/EmailUs?cmd=go

I think now is the best time to let Delta now how unhappy we (former NWA customers) are with how they are practically making it more expensive and less rewarding for us to travel (in a nutshell).. from inflated miles, to having less SWUs, to charging more miles for award tickets originating outside the US, to forcing us to use AMEX, to not crediting 100% of the miles on SkyTeam partners to include KLM, to degraded SkyClubs, to just about everything... is Delta doing anything right?? I really want to know if anyone thinks that because I certainly don't and I will continue to let them know until my PE expires in 2011 and I have burned off all these now worthless miles I have accumulated over the years.
I sent a TTU to NWA and voiced my displeasure and got a phony canned response. I too have voted with my wallet and have booked the rest of my flights this year on AA. If CO served my home town, I would have gone there, but so far so good on AA. Even though I have to go through ORD, it is still better than ATL. Their planes are very clean, on time and they serve a hot breakfast on trips less than 1500 miles in F. I took them up on the platinum challenge, so I will be Platinum with AA very soon. Unfortunately they do not match status and would not give me Executive Platinum, but that's OK. As for AMEX, they can pound sand for all I care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.