Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here you go Delta, my complaints!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
And just think, in a few days we won't even have a forum in which to start a thread like this without having a bunch of DL apologists telling us how wrong we are! And that we should just submit. Or we should just leave.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by hobo13
And just think, in a few days we won't even have a forum in which to start a thread like this without having a bunch of DL apologists telling us how wrong we are! And that we should just submit. Or we should just leave.
You said it, I've met a number of zombies aka Delta loyalists in the Delta forum that will defend their beloved airline to the last detail. I guess when we desert them and Delta goes bankrupt they will see our point and realize that Delta's Southeastern US centric rules/programs etc aren't "global" at all.

Last edited by mike101; Sep 29, 2009 at 12:54 pm
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:21 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
FlyerTalk is a free environment for all to post... that being said, if you have an issue, you can post about it... though rants will likely illicit some feedback from others. If you are on-topic, and posting within the TOS, then you have no worries and your moderators will uphold your posting priviledges...

Originally Posted by hobo13
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I, too, am voting with my feet. I got a status match from BMI (*Alliance Gold status), and will be flying UA/CO/US domestically as much as possible soon.

The last straws for me were:

* Taking away free unlimited award changes/cancellations, and then having DL/NW lie about the reason for the change

* # of extra miles that DL requires for the SAME FLIGHTS as what I saw on NWA.com. Case in point: Last week, I burned 25K to fly NW DTW-YUL. On DL, that same trip would have cost me between 32,500-50,000.

Thanks but no thanks, Delta...
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by mike101
You said it, I've met a number of zombies aka Delta loyalists in the Delta forum that will defend their beloved airline to the last detail.
Ahh. Remember the "kool aid" days, when posters in this forum were accused of inexplicable loyalty in the face of bankruptcy, the mechanics strike, cutbacks, etc. Now those really do seem like the good old days. But we have to recognize that DL loyalists will feel the same way about their airline.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostonbali
I, too, am voting with my feet. I got a status match from BMI (*Alliance Gold status), and will be flying UA/CO/US domestically as much as possible soon.

The last straws for me were:

* Taking away free unlimited award changes/cancellations, and then having DL/NW lie about the reason for the change

* # of extra miles that DL requires for the SAME FLIGHTS as what I saw on NWA.com. Case in point: Last week, I burned 25K to fly NW DTW-YUL. On DL, that same trip would have cost me between 32,500-50,000.

Thanks but no thanks, Delta...
Wow, I was not aware that DL was also increasing the number of miles required for a Canadian award ticket, but at this point is anyone surprised anymore, the company is doing their best to drive away business, should we expect otherwise?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ENIAC
Ahh. Remember the "kool aid" days, when posters in this forum were accused of inexplicable loyalty in the face of bankruptcy, the mechanics strike, cutbacks, etc. Now those really do seem like the good old days. But we have to recognize that DL loyalists will feel the same way about their airline.
True. However, we must also remember that after Oct 1, the Delta forum would acquire a good number of "upset" former NWA customers, so we'll see how that goes and how these two 'forces' would mix together under one roof.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
True. However, we must also remember that after Oct 1, the Delta forum would acquire a good number of "upset" former NWA customers, so we'll see how that goes and how these two 'forces' would mix together under one roof.
we will be overwhelmed. sadly
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnewman
we will be overwhelmed. sadly
I agree. I have already seen numerous people ganged up on there for practically not praising Delta.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
We will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I agree. I have already seen numerous people ganged up on there for practically not praising Delta.
i will speak out against DL. DL sucks.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by pbd456
i will speak out against DL. DL sucks.
Be prepared to help me pdb456.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm already spending more time on the CO forum than here, less fireworks going on but that must be a good sign. Will preserve DL plat for 2010 to get at least some value out of the remaining miles, but that'll be it. We had it so good, sooo good.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Wow, I was not aware that DL was also increasing the number of miles required for a Canadian award ticket, but at this point is anyone surprised anymore, the company is doing their best to drive away business, should we expect otherwise?
DL didn't 'technically' increase the # of miles needed for an award ticket to Canada. My point was that while NW was showing me a decent amount of 25K RT tix, the same flights were coming up substantially higher on DL.

DL Sucks.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bostonbali
DL didn't 'technically' increase the # of miles needed for an award ticket to Canada. My point was that while NW was showing me a decent amount of 25K RT tix, the same flights were coming up substantially higher on DL.

DL Sucks.
I see what your saying, and you're right. USA to Canada costs the same on the low side with Delta (25K) https://www.delta.com/skymiles/use_m...eage/index.jsp

But I can also relate with your experience in where the same itinerary can cost more miles or $ on Delta. And what I will miss with NWA is how they show the all inclusive fare when you are doing a search. With Delta they first show the airfare before tax and when you click on it you find out the 'actual price'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.