Wiki Posts
Search

Cancun-Havana-Miami? how can I do it?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

I am in Cancun, Mexico. I wish to go one-way to Havana, Cuba. From there, I'd like to enter the United States. I have a Canadian passport. My prefered point of entry is Miami. From there, I will work my way to New York, and exit the country from there (to Europe).

My question is can this be done? If it is too much of a problem finding a flight out of Havana (direct to Miami), I will simply skip Cuba and head to the U.S direct from Cancun. I need insight from a traveller who has done this route.

Cancun-Havan-Miami. What I don't want to do is go Cancun-Havana-Cancun-Miami.

Mostly, because I don't have lot of funds.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Your best (and probably cheapest) bet would be to go Cancun-Havana-Nassau-Miami

There are daily flights to Nassau from Havana and multiple flights onto MIA
check out www.cubajet.com

Bahamasair also flies the route twice a week I believe
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Doesn't AmericanEagle operate HAV-MIA almost daily?
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:29 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
Doesn't AmericanEagle operate HAV-MIA almost daily?
Unfortunately it is just a 3x/week stopover, FNJ-HAV-MIA.

/pbz
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:16 pm
Suspended

You alao do CUN/HAV then HAV/MIA via MBJ or KIN on Air Jamaica.

mike
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:25 pm

Havana flights

You can´t catch flights between Cuba and Miami, it´s just not possible. They don´t exist. Anyone hat advises otherwise is mistaken.

The only way you catch the flights you require, visiting Cuba and Mexico and returning to Miami is to get separate tickets. Miami to cancun return (eg American airlines) and Cancun to Havana return (eg. Cubana).
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by chris901
You can´t catch flights between Cuba and Miami, it´s just not possible. They don´t exist. Anyone hat advises otherwise is mistaken.

The only way you catch the flights you require, visiting Cuba and Mexico and returning to Miami is to get separate tickets. Miami to cancun return (eg American airlines) and Cancun to Havana return (eg. Cubana).
There are flights between Cuba and Miami, but they are charter flights (often declared as humanitarian flights). Some evidence of this can be found here.

However, these flights cannot be booked as stand-alone flights, they are only available to Cuban expatriates living in the US and a very select group of other people.

As other posters have said, your best choice would be to fly via Nassau, Cancun or Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Kingston). You could also fly via Canada, but that will probably be more expensive.

One idea I would consider is to buy a roundtrip ticket Cancun-Havana-Cancun and then proceed to the States from CUN. It may work out to be cheaper than the two one-ways you have in mind.

One other point of advice - have you considered buying a round-the-world ticket? It's usually the cheapest way to string a series of one-way tickets together.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:13 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by alex0683de
There are flights between Cuba and Miami, but they are charter flights (often declared as humanitarian flights). Some evidence of this can be found here.

However, these flights cannot be booked as stand-alone flights, they are only available to Cuban expatriates living in the US and a very select group of other people.

As other posters have said, your best choice would be to fly via Nassau, Cancun or Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Kingston). You could also fly via Canada, but that will probably be more expensive.

One idea I would consider is to buy a roundtrip ticket Cancun-Havana-Cancun and then proceed to the States from CUN. It may work out to be cheaper than the two one-ways you have in mind.

One other point of advice - have you considered buying a round-the-world ticket? It's usually the cheapest way to string a series of one-way tickets together.
At least with Oneworld RTW's, you can't use American Airlines for any flights on an itinerary that includes HAV.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:50 am

Miami-cancun habana round-trip

Originally Posted by persianpower

I am in Cancun, Mexico. I wish to go one-way to Havana, Cuba. From there, I'd like to enter the United States. I have a Canadian passport. My prefered point of entry is Miami. From there, I will work my way to New York, and exit the country from there (to Europe).

My question is can this be done? If it is too much of a problem finding a flight out of Havana (direct to Miami), I will simply skip Cuba and head to the U.S direct from Cancun. I need insight from a traveller who has done this route.

Cancun-Havan-Miami. What I don't want to do is go Cancun-Havana-Cancun-Miami.

Mostly, because I don't have lot of funds.

Last edited by quelin34; Jun 1, 2008 at 9:51 am Reason: miami-cancun-havana round-trip
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:51 am

miami-cancun-havana round-trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.