Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Seeking Member Feedback Regarding Forum Description!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking Member Feedback Regarding Forum Description!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow Seeking Member Feedback Regarding Forum Description!

Hey Folks,

As some of you may have noticed some of the “Destination >> World” forums have descriptions while others don’t. The TalkBoard is working on getting descriptions for all of these forums, which is why we’re asking for your help. Cholula and I have volunteered to get feedback from the members, so we would love to hear your ideas for the Cuba forum. The descriptions have to be 250 characters or less and should provide a bit of local flavor is possible. For example, we think the description of the Japan forum is particularly good:

There's nothing 'Lost in Translation' here as we talk about the sights, sounds and the visuals of this gateway to the Orient. Tip: slurp the noodles and gift the kimono.

Of course creativity is great, so please share your thoughts! We won’t work on finalizing anything until May 1 to give members plenty of time to provide feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Cholula and lucky9876coins, TalkBoard Members

Last edited by lucky9876coins; Apr 3, 2008 at 9:02 pm
Old Apr 29, 2008, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bump, anything? Would appreciate any ideas at all!
Old May 17, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
The Trading with the Enemy Act, sometimes abbreviated as TWEA, is a United States federal law, 12 U.S.C. § 95a, enacted in 1917 to restrict trade with countries hostile to the United States.

Currently, the only nations with which trade is effectively closed by the act are North Korea and Cuba.

How's that for a description?

Seriously you should let any people who may want to travel from the US to Cuba know the implications. After all this is a forum to help people out with travel
A few things for travelers from the US to know like the Cuban Democracy Act and the Helms-Burton Act.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Are you planning a visit Lucky?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Frankly, I like the sections without the description better. I used to get the whole The World on a little over one page. The length grew as text was added for the various countries, and now it is three pages and undoubtedly headed for four when everybody weighs in.

Sorry for being a curmudgeon, but ....

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.