FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cuba (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cuba-476/)
-   -   Cancun-Havana-Miami? how can I do it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cuba/658570-cancun-havana-miami-how-can-i-do.html)

persianpower Feb 9, 2007 4:51 pm

Cancun-Havana-Miami? how can I do it?

I am in Cancun, Mexico. I wish to go one-way to Havana, Cuba. From there, I'd like to enter the United States. I have a Canadian passport. My prefered point of entry is Miami. From there, I will work my way to New York, and exit the country from there (to Europe).

My question is can this be done? If it is too much of a problem finding a flight out of Havana (direct to Miami), I will simply skip Cuba and head to the U.S direct from Cancun. I need insight from a traveller who has done this route.

Cancun-Havan-Miami. What I don't want to do is go Cancun-Havana-Cancun-Miami.

Mostly, because I don't have lot of funds.

rankourabu Feb 9, 2007 5:03 pm

Your best (and probably cheapest) bet would be to go Cancun-Havana-Nassau-Miami

There are daily flights to Nassau from Havana and multiple flights onto MIA
check out www.cubajet.com

Bahamasair also flies the route twice a week I believe

TTT Feb 9, 2007 5:21 pm

Doesn't AmericanEagle operate HAV-MIA almost daily?

pbz Feb 9, 2007 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by TTT (Post 7194484)
Doesn't AmericanEagle operate HAV-MIA almost daily?

Unfortunately it is just a 3x/week stopover, FNJ-HAV-MIA.

/pbz

MIKESILV Feb 9, 2007 7:16 pm

You alao do CUN/HAV then HAV/MIA via MBJ or KIN on Air Jamaica.

mike

chris901 Oct 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Havana flights

You canīt catch flights between Cuba and Miami, itīs just not possible. They donīt exist. Anyone hat advises otherwise is mistaken.

The only way you catch the flights you require, visiting Cuba and Mexico and returning to Miami is to get separate tickets. Miami to cancun return (eg American airlines) and Cancun to Havana return (eg. Cubana).

alex0683de Oct 20, 2007 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by chris901 (Post 8594009)
You canīt catch flights between Cuba and Miami, itīs just not possible. They donīt exist. Anyone hat advises otherwise is mistaken.

The only way you catch the flights you require, visiting Cuba and Mexico and returning to Miami is to get separate tickets. Miami to cancun return (eg American airlines) and Cancun to Havana return (eg. Cubana).

There are flights between Cuba and Miami, but they are charter flights (often declared as humanitarian flights). Some evidence of this can be found here.

However, these flights cannot be booked as stand-alone flights, they are only available to Cuban expatriates living in the US and a very select group of other people.

As other posters have said, your best choice would be to fly via Nassau, Cancun or Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Kingston). You could also fly via Canada, but that will probably be more expensive.

One idea I would consider is to buy a roundtrip ticket Cancun-Havana-Cancun and then proceed to the States from CUN. It may work out to be cheaper than the two one-ways you have in mind.

One other point of advice - have you considered buying a round-the-world ticket? It's usually the cheapest way to string a series of one-way tickets together.

hauteboy Oct 23, 2007 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by alex0683de (Post 8594043)
There are flights between Cuba and Miami, but they are charter flights (often declared as humanitarian flights). Some evidence of this can be found here.

However, these flights cannot be booked as stand-alone flights, they are only available to Cuban expatriates living in the US and a very select group of other people.

As other posters have said, your best choice would be to fly via Nassau, Cancun or Jamaica (either Montego Bay or Kingston). You could also fly via Canada, but that will probably be more expensive.

One idea I would consider is to buy a roundtrip ticket Cancun-Havana-Cancun and then proceed to the States from CUN. It may work out to be cheaper than the two one-ways you have in mind.

One other point of advice - have you considered buying a round-the-world ticket? It's usually the cheapest way to string a series of one-way tickets together.

At least with Oneworld RTW's, you can't use American Airlines for any flights on an itinerary that includes HAV.

quelin34 Jun 1, 2008 9:50 am

Miami-cancun habana round-trip

Originally Posted by persianpower (Post 7194330)

I am in Cancun, Mexico. I wish to go one-way to Havana, Cuba. From there, I'd like to enter the United States. I have a Canadian passport. My prefered point of entry is Miami. From there, I will work my way to New York, and exit the country from there (to Europe).

My question is can this be done? If it is too much of a problem finding a flight out of Havana (direct to Miami), I will simply skip Cuba and head to the U.S direct from Cancun. I need insight from a traveller who has done this route.

Cancun-Havan-Miami. What I don't want to do is go Cancun-Havana-Cancun-Miami.

Mostly, because I don't have lot of funds.

quelin34 Jun 1, 2008 9:51 am

miami-cancun-havana round-trip