FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

R U? Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by metzgersdog26 (Post 17617725)
Has anyone else recently lost the option of redeeming points when purchasing flights? Never had any problems until about a month ago, since then the option simply hasn't been available on the final checkout page. Sent customer service a message (also pointing out I received 2x instead of 4x points on a travelocity purchase), but the agents responding didn't even seem to read the messages.

I tried calling in as well, but their system dropped my call any time they transferred me to another department. This is beyond bad for customer service - I can't even get ahold of them.

Same problem, redemption option has simply disappeared.

bluto Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by metzgersdog26 (Post 17617725)
Has anyone else recently lost the option of redeeming points when purchasing flights? Never had any problems until about a month ago, since then the option simply hasn't been available on the final checkout page. Sent customer service a message (also pointing out I received 2x instead of 4x points on a travelocity purchase), but the agents responding didn't even seem to read the messages.

I tried calling in as well, but their system dropped my call any time they transferred me to another department. This is beyond bad for customer service - I can't even get ahold of them.

I just checked my account and the point redemption option is still there. I agree their customer service is pretty awful. Have you tried removing your credit card number from your travelocity.com account and then re-associating it?

metzgersdog26 Dec 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17657292)
I just checked my account and the point redemption option is still there. I agree their customer service is pretty awful. Have you tried removing your credit card number from your travelocity.com account and then re-associating it?

Ding ding ding!! Much thanks Bluto - removed all credit card numbers associated with my account from travelocity, reentered my card number and it now lists the option for using points! Thanks for helping out where travelocity's own customer service couldn't.

paramount Dec 21, 2011 4:38 am

Originally Posted by metzgersdog26 (Post 17662907)
Ding ding ding!! Much thanks Bluto - removed all credit card numbers associated with my account from travelocity, reentered my card number and it now lists the option for using points! Thanks for helping out where travelocity's own customer service couldn't.

Get used to doing that too. That problem happens often. Still cant beat the redemption value for any other card though.

AUDirt Dec 21, 2011 7:52 am

Has anyone tried to book Travelocity travel through "Barclay's Rewards Boost" with the Travelocity card?

How did that work?

Did you get the normal points per dollar (4 or 5, depending on your card)? Or did you get the normal + 1 bonus point?

CMHFlyerOH Dec 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17667298)
Has anyone tried to book Travelocity travel through "Barclay's Rewards Boost" with the Travelocity card?

How did that work?

Did you get the normal points per dollar (4 or 5, depending on your card)? Or did you get the normal + 1 bonus point?

I've wondered this myself.

I haven't tried because the one time that I used an affiliate link to connect to Travelocity (from a cash back site), I didn't earn 5 pts. per dollar automatically and it was a royal pain to get the correct number of points credited.

I'd love to hear a story of someone because successful with this, though. I just don't want to be the first to try it. :)

apuraja Dec 24, 2011 7:51 am

Originally Posted by metzgersdog26 (Post 17662907)

I recently signed up for the card and just linked my Barlcays Travelocity AMEX to my Travelocity account today. I tried to make a hotel purchase, but I don't see the redemption option. Do I need to wait a few days for the accounts to synchronize?

AUDirt Dec 24, 2011 8:02 am

Originally Posted by apuraja (Post 17685242)
I recently signed up for the card and just linked my Barlcays Travelocity AMEX to my Travelocity account today. I tried to make a hotel purchase, but I don't see the redemption option. Do I need to wait a few days for the accounts to synchronize?

Do you have enough points to redeem?

apuraja Dec 24, 2011 8:31 am

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17685275)
Do you have enough points to redeem?

yep, 20000+

paramount Dec 24, 2011 11:22 am

Originally Posted by apuraja (Post 17685372)
yep, 20000+

Its a problem that happens often. Delete the card from the account, log out, log back in, add the card back.

apuraja Jan 1, 2012 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 17686139)
Its a problem that happens often. Delete the card from the account, log out, log back in, add the card back.

i've tried this half a dozen times, it is not working. i even created a new travelocity account and added the card to the new account (after deleting it from the old account) .. still, I cannot see the option to redeem points when trying to make a hotel booking

can someone include a screenshot of where i should see this option to redeem with points.. thanks

paramount Jan 3, 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by apuraja (Post 17729145)
i've tried this half a dozen times, it is not working. i even created a new travelocity account and added the card to the new account (after deleting it from the old account) .. still, I cannot see the option to redeem points when trying to make a hotel booking

can someone include a screenshot of where i should see this option to redeem with points.. thanks

http://s15.postimage.org/kh7mpv9ln/trav.jpg

AUDirt Jan 8, 2012 10:19 am

Experience with Barclay's RewardsBoost

Sorry if this post is redundant, but I recently had some experience with the whole Barclay RewardsBoost portal and wanted to pass along what I learned.

First, and I think most people realize this, if you take advantage of other specials running on a partner website (ex: free shipping), you probably won't get the points. I got bit by that on a couple of sites.

Second, it's highly variable as to when the points will show up in your account. Some merchants (ex: diapers.com) post my points very quickly, i.e. about 2-3 weeks. Others (ex: potterybarn.com) took almost two months. The delay seems to be vendor dependent.

Third, the points go right into your normal pile of Travelocity.com points.

Fourth, and this was confusing to me, the points do not appear anywhere except your monthly statement. This means that you will never see the points under "Rewards Earned" on the mytravelocityrewards.com website. If you look at your actual statement, though, you'll see a separate line item in the Reward Summary section.

So... bottom line: the points are real and they do get credited. I wouldn't count on a BarclayRewardsBoost.com purchase to put me over the line if you're trying to accumulate points in a hurry, though.

budblab Jan 9, 2012 5:00 am

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17772209)

Fourth, and this was confusing to me, the points do not appear anywhere except your monthly statement. This means that you will never see the points under "Rewards Earned" on the mytravelocityrewards.com website. If you look at your actual statement, though, you'll see a separate line item in the Reward Summary section.

Fifth, YMMV. My points never posted on my statement or anywhere else.

Sixth, if you don't receive the points automatically, you are unlikely to ever get them. After multiple contacts with customer service, I have given up. I have never experienced this with another shopping portal.

AUDirt Jan 9, 2012 11:01 am

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 17777185)
Fifth, YMMV. My points never posted on my statement or anywhere else.

Sixth, if you don't receive the points automatically, you are unlikely to ever get them. After multiple contacts with customer service, I have given up. I have never experienced this with another shopping portal.

None of this surprises me. The whole system is kind of being held together by duct tape. My guess is that the Barclay's site places a cookie in your browser and this cookie is then retrieved by the partner website. If your browser isn't taking cookies or giving them back exactly how they're expecting, it makes sense that the transaction wouldn't be marked for rewards points.

It's also not surprising that you didn't get the credit.

I'm not defending them in any of this. I'm just saying that all of this is totally believable. Anyone who makes a purchase on the Barclay's portal should be aware that there's a (5%? 10%?) chance that the points will never show up.