FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

ethanwa Jan 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Apparently if you make a booking with Travelocity right on the date or the date after they issue your statement, your reward won't post until the next statement. So I will have to wait until Feb 12th to see my $400 credit. This is what they say anyway.... we'll see what happens and I'm sure I'll have to call them back in 30 days.

AUDirt Jan 14, 2012 9:57 am

Originally Posted by ethanwa (Post 17810873)
Apparently if you make a booking with Travelocity right on the date or the date after they issue your statement, your reward won't post until the next statement. So I will have to wait until Feb 12th to see my $400 credit. This is what they say anyway.... we'll see what happens and I'm sure I'll have to call them back in 30 days.

Probably :(

hellothere Jan 16, 2012 7:07 am

I have the same problem with my December issued card not being recognized as a Travelocity card. I emailed Travelocity today, so we will see if anything is done. Until this is resolved I'd definitely recommend people do not sign up for this card.

drbobguy Jan 17, 2012 7:52 am

Yep, mine still isn't recognized. I did spend 20 minutes on the phone and the female (Indian) CSR was very helpful and knowledgable. She offered to make the booking for me and put in a request for manual adjustment of number of points so I would get reimbursed.

Unfortunately I didn't know about post-paid vs. pre-paid hotels, and in the city I'm in (A European city with over a million people!) there are only post-paid hotels which don't qualify for using travelocity points. Oh well, I ended up staying in a hostel. I'll use the points for a flight later on I guess.

Tahoe1966 Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

My spouse and I are both having the same issue of not having our cards recognized on the website. Apparently, one should see a 3rd tab next to the my account and my trips tab saying "My stuff". On the final page, there should be a drop down box with the option to pay with points but nothing appears. Have spoken 4-5 customer service reps at both Barclay's and Travelocity and they are totally clueless. When I insisted on speaking with someone in charge of webste management at Travelocity, I was transferred back to Barclay's. Needless to say, I have wasted hours trying to get this resolved.

BC300 Jan 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Having same issues with point redemptions!!

Originally Posted by Tahoe1966 (Post 17830510)
My spouse and I are both having the same issue of not having our cards recognized on the website. Apparently, one should see a 3rd tab next to the my account and my trips tab saying "My stuff". On the final page, there should be a drop down box with the option to pay with points but nothing appears. Have spoken 4-5 customer service reps at both Barclay's and Travelocity and they are totally clueless. When I insisted on speaking with someone in charge of webste management at Travelocity, I was transferred back to Barclay's. Needless to say, I have wasted hours trying to get this resolved.

I booked a flight on Travelocity the other day and I am 100% positive I paid part of it with points and that the screen even told me I would be getting $400 credit. No credit has posted yet the full cost of the flight did post. In the past when I have went to redeem points, usually the $400 credit would post the same day or the very next day with the actual charge hitting a few days later. This time was totally different. No credit has posted! :mad:

I went to check my Travelocity purchase confirmation e-mail and it does NOT reflect the 20,000 point redemption. This is infuriating!! I wasn't expecting to have to pay the full amount of the flight this month.

Today I went to book a separate flight and the redemption option (Step 3), did not even show up this time.

There is something clearly wrong with the Travelocity site. I really wish Barclays and Travelocity would actually talk to each other vs. pushing the calls from one direction to another.

Has anyone managed to get a U.S. based Amex/Barclays call center that has some authority to make changes and solve these problems?!??

**Folks, keep posting your problems and success stories. It is our best shot of trying to get this system fixed. Granted it is sad that the consumers have to do all this work, just to TRY and use the basic functions of a credit card.

bocastephen Jan 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by BC300 (Post 17860108)
I booked a flight on Travelocity the other day and I am 100% positive I paid part of it with points and that the screen even told me I would be getting $400 credit. No credit has posted yet the full cost of the flight did post. In the past when I have went to redeem points, usually the $400 credit would post the same day or the very next day with the actual charge hitting a few days later. This time was totally different. No credit has posted! :mad:

I went to check my Travelocity purchase confirmation e-mail and it does NOT reflect the 20,000 point redemption. This is infuriating!! I wasn't expecting to have to pay the full amount of the flight this month.

Today I went to book a separate flight and the redemption option (Step 3), did not even show up this time.

There is something clearly wrong with the Travelocity site. I really wish Barclays and Travelocity would actually talk to each other vs. pushing the calls from one direction to another.

Has anyone managed to get a U.S. based Amex/Barclays call center that has some authority to make changes and solve these problems?!??

**Folks, keep posting your problems and success stories. It is our best shot of trying to get this system fixed. Granted it is sad that the consumers have to do all this work, just to TRY and use the basic functions of a credit card.

Had the same problem - took weeks of fighting between Barclays and Travelocity to get them to work together to fix the problem.

Infuriating indeed.

bluto Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am

problems

Well, after a 2 year run with no problems redeeming my travelocity points, it looks like the site has finally stopped working for me. I have tried various workarounds (some of which have worked for me in the past) like changing browsers, trying flights and then hotels, deleting and re-entering the card, etc. I am not sure why it has stopped working. Even a couple weeks back in my post I noted it was working. Now, when I get to the checkout screen, it no longer recognizes my card as a Travelocity Amex, and so I have no option to redeem my points.

The only good thing about this is that with so many of us in the same boat, they have to fix this eventually.

Don't they?

BC300 Jan 22, 2012 9:16 am

A few thoughts...

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17861902)
Well, after a 2 year run with no problems redeeming my travelocity points, it looks like the site has finally stopped working for me. I have tried various workarounds (some of which have worked for me in the past) like changing browsers, trying flights and then hotels, deleting and re-entering the card, etc. I am not sure why it has stopped working. Even a couple weeks back in my post I noted it was working. Now, when I get to the checkout screen, it no longer recognizes my card as a Travelocity Amex, and so I have no option to redeem my points.

The only good thing about this is that with so many of us in the same boat, they have to fix this eventually.

Don't they?

1. I will be sending an e-mail to the Travelocity Amex team informing them that the step to redeem points (Step 3) no longer appears, and WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX IT? I anticipate they will give me a canned response, so I will follow up. If they continue to do so, please do the following:

*Ask for a case number to generated and have it provided* This way you have your complaint documented. If you still do not receive a response, call them, mention the case number, and ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER.

I have had to do this before in the correct amount of points posting. What happens is that a US BASED representative will contact you and has much more authority to take actions.

2. I will also call the Travelocity.com support number and tell them that their affinity credit card is NOT working as it should and they should be in contact with Barclays.

3. I am going to start searching for a U.S. based phone number at Barclays who can help move this issue higher up in priority. The mere fact that we are unable to redeem our points is unacceptable. :td: This sort of thing would NEVER happen under a major credit card provider like American Express or Chase.

bluto Jan 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17861902)

Don't they?

Amazingly, it is working again normally now for me. I did not do anything differently. Maybe they fixed something in the 11 hours since my last post or maybe they were doing some strange system maintenance last night.

I redeemed some points while I could. We'll see if it actually posts.

There is definitely something really screwy with their site.

bluto Jan 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17864580)
Amazingly, it is working again normally now for me. I did not do anything differently. Maybe they fixed something in the 11 hours since my last post or maybe they were doing some strange system maintenance last night.

I redeemed some points while I could. We'll see if it actually posts.

There is definitely something really screwy with their site.

I just noticed the email confirmation does not mention the $400 credit like it used to. I did take screenshots of the checkout process and confirmation page, which does mention the $400 credit. So odd.

NauticalWheeler Jan 22, 2012 12:51 pm

No problems here....I just logged on and can access my Travelocity points for a booking.

I am an original Travelocity Mastercard holder though I would be surprised if that makes a difference.

bluto Jan 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by BC300 (Post 17863318)
1. I will be sending an e-mail to the Travelocity Amex team informing them that the step to redeem points (Step 3) no longer appears, and WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX IT? I anticipate they will give me a canned response, so I will follow up. If they continue to do so, please do the following:

*Ask for a case number to generated and have it provided* This way you have your complaint documented. If you still do not receive a response, call them, mention the case number, and ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER.

I have had to do this before in the correct amount of points posting. What happens is that a US BASED representative will contact you and has much more authority to take actions.

2. I will also call the Travelocity.com support number and tell them that their affinity credit card is NOT working as it should and they should be in contact with Barclays.

3. I am going to start searching for a U.S. based phone number at Barclays who can help move this issue higher up in priority. The mere fact that we are unable to redeem our points is unacceptable. :td: This sort of thing would NEVER happen under a major credit card provider like American Express or Chase.

I searched my email files for various numbers I've used to solve random problems with my Travelocity Amex. I've had the card since it was a MasterCard. My issues historically have not been related to the current points problem that everyone seems to be experiencing. Some were mundane like disputing xyz charge. Or, sometimes I asked Barclays to move around my credit lines. I've forgotten which numbers I've used for which, but I'll list them all here. Hopefully, those of us with issues in the thread will find one of these numbers useful. If you have success solving a problem, please post again with the phone number you used and the agent you spoke to, and what specifically you did. I think the first 2 phone numbers are Travelocity people and the next 4 are Barclays people:

1. Frankie F @ Travelocity Consumer Relations. Tel : 866-636-8511 Fax : 800-944-0005 Monday to Friday (8:00am to 7:00pm CST)

2. This is from the travelocity.com site: As a Travelocity VIP you have access to 24/7 reservation assistance by calling our Priority Customer Service Line at 800.482.2422 or email your questions and comments to [email protected]

3. Number on the back of the card: 866 734 8040

4. Number on the back of the card for international collect (maybe they get better service?) 302 255 8888

5. Possibly the Barclays Executive Offices in the US: 1-866-750-6031.

6. This one I have only labeled as "magic barclays customer service line for the travelocity amex" but I don't know why. It might just be the credit line approvals department: 866-408-4064

Good luck. Please report progress.

bocastephen Jan 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17864761)
2. This is from the travelocity.com site: As a Travelocity VIP you have access to 24/7 reservation assistance by calling our Priority Customer Service Line at 800.482.2422 or email your questions and comments to [email protected]...

FYI, this dials into a completely useless Indian call center.

RLG Jan 22, 2012 2:50 pm

I've had this card for a while and find the ability to use points comes and goes. Usually if it doesn't work right away, I just figure I'll try some other day and it will work then.

One thing that does appear to be important is NOT to use a rebate portal (like ebates, fatwallet, etc). I've never gotten points screen when I use another portal to get to travelocity. Saving the rebate may explain how they think they can make money offering such a high rebate on card usage.