FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

bluto Jan 9, 2012 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by apuraja (Post 17685242)
I recently signed up for the card and just linked my Barlcays Travelocity AMEX to my Travelocity account today. I tried to make a hotel purchase, but I don't see the redemption option. Do I need to wait a few days for the accounts to synchronize?

I experienced this problem for the first time in nearly 2 years of having this card. I attempted a variety of different things and think I have isolated the problem. Try using a different browser. For me, Chrome did not display the redemption option when I tried to book a hotel but under Internet Explorer, it showed up fine. I know this sounds odd but there's a similar known problem confirmed in the FT forums regarding the MVP Hilton site, which works under IE but not Chrome.

What's additionally strange is that if I do a flight-only booking, the redemption option comes up fine in both browsers. It is only when I do a hotel booking (like apuraja was trying to do) that I run into this problem.

You can sort of tell something is missing because in the final payment screen, the sections numbered 2 and 4 are there but not section 3, which is where the points selection is made. This section 3 is displayed in the screenshot in the post above by paramount.

aaronl Jan 10, 2012 10:31 pm

I've been suffering from the same problem with my new Travelocity Amex. I've never been able to see the option to redeem points. I've wasted hours on it by now. I've tried multiple browsers, deleting the card from the account and readding it, creating a new account, and attempting to book flights, hotels, and packages.

I've spent more than an hour on the phone with Travelocity's customer service, and they've been completely useless. At best, I can get them to confirm that the option to redeem points doesn't show up although my account is linked correctly and I should get the option. They're completely powerless to remedy the issue or redeem points over the phone. I was bounced between a few people, and eventually transferred to the credit card's service line under the false promise that I would be able to redeem the points through that number. The representative I talked to at Barclay actually tried to be helpful. She logged into my account and did a trial booking to replicate the problem. Of course, she couldn't do anything about it, since the problem appears to be on Travelocity's side.

Needless to say, I'm very dissatisfied and would not recommend this card. I hope I'll be able to find a solution. I have a hotel booking I need to make soon and I had planned on using the points from the Amex card.

AUDirt Jan 11, 2012 8:19 am

Originally Posted by aaronl (Post 17790592)
I've been suffering from the same problem with my new Travelocity Amex. I've never been able to see the option to redeem points. I've wasted hours on it by now. I've tried multiple browsers, deleting the card from the account and readding it, creating a new account, and attempting to book flights, hotels, and packages.

I've spent more than an hour on the phone with Travelocity's customer service, and they've been completely useless. At best, I can get them to confirm that the option to redeem points doesn't show up although my account is linked correctly and I should get the option. They're completely powerless to remedy the issue or redeem points over the phone. I was bounced between a few people, and eventually transferred to the credit card's service line under the false promise that I would be able to redeem the points through that number. The representative I talked to at Barclay actually tried to be helpful. She logged into my account and did a trial booking to replicate the problem. Of course, she couldn't do anything about it, since the problem appears to be on Travelocity's side.

Needless to say, I'm very dissatisfied and would not recommend this card. I hope I'll be able to find a solution. I have a hotel booking I need to make soon and I had planned on using the points from the Amex card.

When you get to the payment screen, in section 2, what does it call your stored credit card? Does it call it a regular AMEX, or does it recognize it as a Travelocity AMEX? For example, mine says, "Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card and earn xxxx Travelocity Points."

aaronl Jan 11, 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17792338)
When you get to the payment screen, in section 2, what does it call your stored credit card? Does it call it a regular AMEX, or does it recognize it as a Travelocity AMEX? For example, mine says, "Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card and earn xxxx Travelocity Points."

It does not recognize the card as a Travelocity card.

bluto Jan 11, 2012 9:51 am

Originally Posted by aaronl (Post 17792590)
It does not recognize the card as a Travelocity card.

This is a longshot but maybe you should call Barclays and tell them you lost your card and have them issue you a new one with a new number. Maybe that would recode it somehow to be recognized.

paramount Jan 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17792880)
This is a longshot but maybe you should call Barclays and tell them you lost your card and have them issue you a new one with a new number. Maybe that would recode it somehow to be recognized.

I would call them first...

AUDirt Jan 11, 2012 8:16 pm

It sounds like you have a newer card that has a number pattern that Travelocity.com doesn't know about. I would e-mail Travelocity tech support and tell them as much.

(For the record, when I check out it knows that I'm paying with a Travelocity card and tells me how many Travelocity points I'm going to earn.)

drbobguy Jan 12, 2012 5:21 am

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17797009)
It sounds like you have a newer card that has a number pattern that Travelocity.com doesn't know about. I would e-mail Travelocity tech support and tell them as much.

(For the record, when I check out it knows that I'm paying with a Travelocity card and tells me how many Travelocity points I'm going to earn.)

I'm having the same problem. Just got the card 2 months ago and I have 20,500 points I wanted to redeem for a stay starting this monday but now it seems that's impossible. Multiple browsers, adding/deleting the card, etc. I've tried it all and can't get the damn thing to work. Travelocity.com really is a piece of garbage as far as a web site.

There's no points option anywhere, and it sees it as an Amex but nothing about it being a travelocity Amex. If I sign into Barclay's though it says I have 20,500 travelocity points available.

ethanwa Jan 12, 2012 10:14 am

I booked a $750 flight-only trip for two people on 1/7/2012. I used a $400 reward for it. It posted to my account on 1/9/2012 as two separate transactions (one for each person on the flight) as TRAVELOCITY.COM.

When can I expect the $400 credit to appear? It's been a few days now and my points are still the same and no credit yet. But I DEFINITELY used the reward... I have the print out right here in from of me that says "A credit of $400 will appear as a separate entry.... blah blah blah".

Anyone have any idea when the reward is supposed to post?

bluto Jan 12, 2012 10:47 am

Originally Posted by ethanwa (Post 17800255)
I booked a $750 flight-only trip for two people on 1/7/2012. I used a $400 reward for it. It posted to my account on 1/9/2012 as two separate transactions (one for each person on the flight) as TRAVELOCITY.COM.

When can I expect the $400 credit to appear? It's been a few days now and my points are still the same and no credit yet. But I DEFINITELY used the reward... I have the print out right here in from of me that says "A credit of $400 will appear as a separate entry.... blah blah blah".

Anyone have any idea when the reward is supposed to post?

My $400 credits have always posted the same day, or possibly the next business day.

AUDirt Jan 12, 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 17800443)
My $400 credits have always posted the same day, or possibly the next business day.

Mine too.

AUDirt Jan 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 17798738)
I'm having the same problem. Just got the card 2 months ago and I have 20,500 points I wanted to redeem for a stay starting this monday but now it seems that's impossible. Multiple browsers, adding/deleting the card, etc. I've tried it all and can't get the damn thing to work. Travelocity.com really is a piece of garbage as far as a web site.

There's no points option anywhere, and it sees it as an Amex but nothing about it being a travelocity Amex. If I sign into Barclay's though it says I have 20,500 travelocity points available.

If it were me I would contact Travelocity.com and tell them your rewards card isn't being recognized. I have a hunch that everything will self-correct once that problem is resolved.

ethanwa Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17801044)
Mine too.

Usually mine do too but for some reason it isn't this time. Freaking Travelocity site is having problems. Damn, I was counting on that $400 reward quickly.

Guess I'll have to call these fools and see what's going on.

drbobguy Jan 13, 2012 3:51 am

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 17801069)
If it were me I would contact Travelocity.com and tell them your rewards card isn't being recognized. I have a hunch that everything will self-correct once that problem is resolved.

Did that, now I'm waiting to hear back. Hopefully this can be resolved over the next two days so I can book that hotel for monday, but I'm not holding my breath.

AUDirt Jan 13, 2012 7:33 am

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 17805666)
Did that, now I'm waiting to hear back. Hopefully this can be resolved over the next two days so I can book that hotel for monday, but I'm not holding my breath.

I had this problem once during the MC-AMEX conversion. Believe it or not, they did manage to fix the problem. I had to send them a screenshot of my checkout page in order to convince them I wasn't crazy, but after that they actually fixed it.