Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
If it really has a $60 annual fee, then you're not earning any 2% on the first $3000 of spending.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
I haven't seen anything in the mail yet. The BofA card could not possibly be uglier than the FIA Card...got to think of the positives.
I really don't care how ugly the card would look as long as it stays @ 2% cash back with no Forex & annual fees.

LAX
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Also received the letter from BofA (address in CA)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat
Just talked to a supervisor at FIA, there should be a second letter mailed out very soon.

Supposedly the new card is going to be the "BankAmericard Cash Rewards". 1% on everything, 2% on groceries, 3% on gasoline. No annual fee, 10% customer bonus for redeeming your rewards into a Bank of America® checking or savings account.

I'm pretty damn upset now.

(I'm in Southern California if that makes any difference)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT/2MM
Received my letter today too. No details, but says that a second letter will be coming soon. It was a great ride while it lasted.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:18 pm

Got my letter today (CA). Irritated, as I'm off to Italy next month and planned to use my Schwab Visa there (yeah, I know it's FIA). Just filled out the paperwork to get a debit card via Schwab, so at least i'll be able to use ATMs with rebate of fees. Now to find another card without conversion fees.
I have not been happy with BofA in the past, nickel and dimed relentlessly.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Got my letter also, read the first few lines then tossed. This card is already out of my wallet since I am working on TY Premier bonus - 4 additional TY points through the end of November.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cawa
Received my letter today too. No details, but says that a second letter will be coming soon. It was a great ride while it lasted.
That's the way I look at it too.

Does anyone know if Schwab will start imposing fees on the brokerage accounts once their level of activity dies down?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by andeesue
Got my letter today (CA). Irritated, as I'm off to Italy next month and planned to use my Schwab Visa there (yeah, I know it's FIA). Just filled out the paperwork to get a debit card via Schwab, so at least i'll be able to use ATMs with rebate of fees. Now to find another card without conversion fees.
I have not been happy with BofA in the past, nickel and dimed relentlessly.
Take a look at this new card without forex fees.
www.capitalonecash.com.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, UA Premier Gold; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz PC
I wonder what will happen to folks who already have the BOA Cash Rewards card. I definitely don't want two of the same thing
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:37 am

Assuming the BoA Cash Rewards card is in fact the replacement, I may keep it just to have a Visa Signature for the occasional promo (they have deals on movie tickets and stuff that I use sometimes).
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:01 am
Suspended

My credit limit on this card is much higher than on my other cards.

If I decide not to accept the replacement card, would it screw up my credit rating?

Then again, they may not give me the same credit limit anyways, unless it's also managed by FIA.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:08 am

I called today and was told there won't be a fee. I hate BOA and don't want to keep the card, but might because I have too short a history on all of my current cards.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
haven't received a letter yet. (TN). When Delta dropped the NW card it went to BoA. It was fee-free the first year but then $65. I cancelled the card to avoid the fee. I'll do the same.

I've got the Capital One Venture card, so at least I have 2% and no for-ex. But I'll probably cancel that when the fee comes due on it.

My CO Chase card has no for-ex but who knows what UA will do with that.

I just started churning, so I'll just keep the best of what I get churning.

But the Schwab card was great while it lasted. And I did get the debit card which has been great with foreign ATMs.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:39 am

What are the top replacements for this card? I talked to FIA card services today and they said that my card will be converted by Dec 2011.

I spend about $20k a year on my credit cards so I am not sure if I should be looking for a card with a rewards program like MR or another cash back card. I don't mind an annual fee if the rewards with my spending would out weigh the rewards from a card without an annual fee. I am not really interested in airline or hotel rewards at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.