Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by Kylash
Doe anyone know if you can have both the World and World Elite cards at the same time?
yes I have both.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I just had an Uber trip in the amount of $21.28. I used an Uber code for 50% off. The total charged to my HSBC Premier card was $10.64. 3 days later, I got a rideshare benefit credit of $2.13. What is going on? Why is it only 10% of the ride (or 20% of the billed amount)?
You get 20% for each ride up to $50/year. It was changed a while back, don't remember exactly when, but maybe 2 years ago.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by stanj
You get 20% for each ride up to $50/year. It was changed a while back, don't remember exactly when, but maybe 2 years ago.
Thanks. I guess it is mentioned somewhere in their disclaimer in a tiny font because I missed it when I signed up.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Blackheath
yes I have both.
Thanks, do the points from each card pool together or remain separate?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
In my case, they remain separate. I didn't ask if it is possible to combine, though.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Blackheath
In my case, they remain separate. I didn't ask if it is possible to combine, though.

Got it, I think that's what this is saying in the T&A:
Points from multiple HSBC Rewards Programs or other accounts issued by HSBC Bank may not be combined or pooled for redemption. When redeeming Points, you may use Points from only one HSBC Rewards Program Account for redemption
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:15 pm

I've just opened my Premier account in the US through my UK relationship. I've had the UK World Elite for nearly two years. It's been working well for me. I've now been looking at the US World Elite as a replacement so I have a few questions:

To the UK squad - can I downgrade to the standard Premier card without applying for it to keep my points alive?

To the US squad - how does the $100 annual travel credit work? Does this work when booking direct or do I have to book through HSBC to get the reimbursement? If direct, does this work when buying GCs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Waddle
To the UK squad - can I downgrade to the standard Premier card without applying for it to keep my points alive?.
Yes - just call the Premier number.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
To the US squad - how does the $100 annual travel credit work? Does this work when booking direct or do I have to book through HSBC to get the reimbursement? If direct, does this work when buying GCs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I purchased airline tickets direct from the airline and received the $100 credit a few days after the charge posted.

Im not sure if buying tickets from an OTA would code correctly.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:55 pm

Thanks. Does the Uber discount credit work internationally?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I haven’t tried an international Uber charge. That would be an interesting data point.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:23 am

Yes.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:07 am

TSA pre credit towards Global entry

The US version of the HSBC Premier World Elite card offers a $85 credit towards a TSA Precheck membership.
I was wondering if that $85 credit would also apply towards a $100 Global entry membership? In other words, if I pay for a Global entry membership using this card, my out of pocket contribution would be $100-$85=$15?
Old Mar 22, 2020, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by jbfjldrxgoumogenrl
The US version of the HSBC Premier World Elite card offers a $85 credit towards a TSA Precheck membership.
I was wondering if that $85 credit would also apply towards a $100 Global entry membership? In other words, if I pay for a Global entry membership using this card, my out of pocket contribution would be $100-$85=$15?
This is on the website:
"You are eligible for either one Global Entry® Application Fee Statement Credit, up to a maximum of $100, or one TSA Precheck Application Fee Statement Credit, up to a maximum of $85, every 54 months."
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:35 am

Does Airbnb code as travel with this card? No one has mentioned it so far in this thread. Also, how about train tickets, ferries, etc.?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.