Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Major CC company w/onshore/NA customer service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starting over :( DL Silver National Exec, and Hilton Gold.

I'm currently with Citi which for the most part has been smooth sailing. However, I recently had an issue with a fraud claim, which is still not satisfactorily resolved. I keep getting transferred to their fraud department which is using offshore agents and I'm having a hard time communicating with them. They're all very nice (and they communicate just fine), but I think things are getting lost in 'translation' and questions are not getting answered and concepts are not being understood. Since I'm beyond frustrated with Citi for this whole thing (Beyond the agents, their process is not good), and likely looking to shift my business as a result, are there any major US CC companies that primarily have onshore/north american based customer service teams? I'm primarily looking for cashback cards and not afraid of a fee for the right level of service. Amex is not an option (already have one) given where I primarily need to use it.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
It seems like I always get a U.S.-based rep when I call Customer Service for my U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa card. Not sure if that is the case for every credit card issued by U.S. Bank.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
When I've called Chase for CSP/CSR, I get US based reps.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discover advertises USA based customer service. 100% U.S.-based customer service:You can reach a live agent anytime by calling 1-800-347-2683. Certain specialized customer service agents may not be available 24/7.
cjw2001 and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've had what appear to be US based agents when I've called Wells Fargo. Haven't had to deal with anything major but the experience with minor stuff has been good.

Discover has always had excellent US based agents.

I had to call Amex this week after a poor chat experience - wasn't overly impressed.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Tend to agree about Citi.

Their agents are very courteous and patient, but my interactions have been less than satisfactory
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:08 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I had an issue with Citi resolving a fraud claim properly even when dealing with US based agents. I ended up putting the details in writing and sending it to their designated address for billing disputes, which did the trick.
mia likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starting over :( DL Silver National Exec, and Hilton Gold.
Thanks - I may need to do the same.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post # 6)
Tend to agree about Citi.

Their agents are very courteous and patient, but my interactions have been less than satisfactory
That is the same as my experience with Citibank and their offshore agents, for a MasterCard I had with them from 1991 to 2021.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:32 am

Do your calls happen during normal US business hours? If not, that could be why you're getting people off shore. If I get someone offshore I will usually ask to please connect me with someone in the United States and most times they have no problem transferring the call.

When I've called for my Chase cards as early as 7AM Eastern I was connected with someone in the US, particularly somewhere in the South.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by cerps343
Do your calls happen during normal US business hours? If not, that could be why you're getting people off shore. If I get someone offshore I will usually ask to please connect me with someone in the United States and most times they have no problem transferring the call.

When I've called for my Chase cards as early as 7AM Eastern I was connected with someone in the US, particularly somewhere in the South.
I called Chase customer service for my CSR, and the agent was in the Orlando FL area.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by cerps343
Do your calls happen during normal US business hours?
Yes
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:33 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Note that many smaller banks and credit unions also use 100% U.S. agents. If you can find a card with a rewards program that works for you, also a good option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.