FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Major CC company w/onshore/NA customer service? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/2126435-major-cc-company-w-onshore-na-customer-service.html)

jgold47 Jun 26, 2023 10:32 am

Major CC company w/onshore/NA customer service?

I'm currently with Citi which for the most part has been smooth sailing. However, I recently had an issue with a fraud claim, which is still not satisfactorily resolved. I keep getting transferred to their fraud department which is using offshore agents and I'm having a hard time communicating with them. They're all very nice (and they communicate just fine), but I think things are getting lost in 'translation' and questions are not getting answered and concepts are not being understood. Since I'm beyond frustrated with Citi for this whole thing (Beyond the agents, their process is not good), and likely looking to shift my business as a result, are there any major US CC companies that primarily have onshore/north american based customer service teams? I'm primarily looking for cashback cards and not afraid of a fee for the right level of service. Amex is not an option (already have one) given where I primarily need to use it.

guv1976 Jun 26, 2023 10:39 am

It seems like I always get a U.S.-based rep when I call Customer Service for my U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa card. Not sure if that is the case for every credit card issued by U.S. Bank.

LETTERBOY Jun 26, 2023 11:27 am

When I've called Chase for CSP/CSR, I get US based reps.

mia Jun 26, 2023 12:29 pm

Discover advertises USA based customer service. 100% U.S.-based customer service:You can reach a live agent anytime by calling 1-800-347-2683. Certain specialized customer service agents may not be available 24/7.

cjw2001 Jun 26, 2023 1:01 pm

I've had what appear to be US based agents when I've called Wells Fargo. Haven't had to deal with anything major but the experience with minor stuff has been good.

Discover has always had excellent US based agents.

I had to call Amex this week after a poor chat experience - wasn't overly impressed.

EmailKid Jun 26, 2023 1:56 pm

Tend to agree about Citi.

Their agents are very courteous and patient, but my interactions have been less than satisfactory :(

dw Jun 26, 2023 2:08 pm

I had an issue with Citi resolving a fraud claim properly even when dealing with US based agents. I ended up putting the details in writing and sending it to their designated address for billing disputes, which did the trick.

jgold47 Jun 26, 2023 2:16 pm

Thanks - I may need to do the same.

SPN Lifer Jun 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post # 6) (Post 35364569)
Tend to agree about Citi.

Their agents are very courteous and patient, but my interactions have been less than satisfactory :(

That is the same as my experience with Citibank and their offshore agents, for a MasterCard I had with them from 1991 to 2021.

cerps343 Jul 2, 2023 4:32 am

Do your calls happen during normal US business hours? If not, that could be why you're getting people off shore. If I get someone offshore I will usually ask to please connect me with someone in the United States and most times they have no problem transferring the call.

When I've called for my Chase cards as early as 7AM Eastern I was connected with someone in the US, particularly somewhere in the South.

fliesdelta Jul 2, 2023 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by cerps343 (Post 35379623)
Do your calls happen during normal US business hours? If not, that could be why you're getting people off shore. If I get someone offshore I will usually ask to please connect me with someone in the United States and most times they have no problem transferring the call.

When I've called for my Chase cards as early as 7AM Eastern I was connected with someone in the US, particularly somewhere in the South.

I called Chase customer service for my CSR, and the agent was in the Orlando FL area.

EmailKid Jul 2, 2023 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by cerps343 (Post 35379623)
Do your calls happen during normal US business hours?

Yes

moe8555 Jul 2, 2023 11:33 pm

Note that many smaller banks and credit unions also use 100% U.S. agents. If you can find a card with a rewards program that works for you, also a good option.