Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What card to apply for next?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:29 am

Losing Frequent Traveller Status - which credit card to get? [Germany]

Hello everyone,

I will lose my frequent traveller status in 2024 so I will stop paying half-price monthly fees (5,41€ at the moment) and would probably be spending 11,50€/month. My thought is to close my Miles and More credit card saving 140€/year and get a free one where I could still collect some points. I am thinking of the Payback Amex which is free and I still get points for purchases. Does this seem like a good strategy? Do I have other options?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by EmailKid
That is the name of one of their songs. That would be the music group Bread, of course.
everything I own is a better song :-)

if I get this bread Amex then will this card be more of an Amex or a bread card because then I could use the amex app for easier management
0 AF
2% cash back

so it doesn’t seem super bad.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is an Amex network card. It is issued and serviced by the bank (Bread). American Express acts as the transaction processor (instead of MasterCard or VISA), and might supply some of the benefits.
gaobest likes this.

Last edited by mia; Nov 27, 2023 at 11:19 am
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I couldn’t resist that free $200 for the Bread cashback card on amex network. Comenity Bank. Fast approval on my mobile. I really don’t know this branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.